obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with it, OP, I'd be looking to get it bought back/lemon law. Even if it gets repaired or you got another JT, I'm sure your confidence in the product line is low, and I don't blame you. Just be thankful it happened while under warranty. To be honest, the only vehicles that I have ever had to use the warranty on, have been FCA products. Hope you get the resolution you're looking for. On another note, am I the only one that finds it strange that often times when someone starts a thread about the challenges they are experiencing, that there's always going to be people chiming in about how awesome their JT is performing? Seems a bit like a slap in the face, IMO.

One more thing- I sourced the contact info/email addresses of the Executive team for someone on the forum last year. If you decide that you want to raise a little hell and get some attention at the VP/ C-Level, PM me, and I will try to find those email addresses again.
I disagree ... I do not feel that peoples intent is to rub anything in ... I'm certain most are sympathetic and are only stating that not all Jeeps are piles of crap. Unfortunately this is the world we live in ... all vehicles across manufactures are over engineered, overloaded with tech, ran by code, and to the point that when they start to glitch they are unable to determine why. It sucks that we are now rolling the dice when we purchase a vehicle. What baffles me is when one vehicle can be riddled with these issues and then the same identical vehicle is not.... and the fact that we are now four years into this platform and the same problems are surfacing.

Oh ... and 2020 JT and 2021 JL, each with zero issues to date! Yeah maybe that's a rub
Sponsored

MikeDevenney

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Auto
Occupation
Software Developer
I remember when I was a kid, we used to give our bicycles ā€œghost rides.ā€ Too bad you canā€™t do that with carsā€¦
We used to bomb down a hill in the woods behind my house and ghost ride our bikes to a jump over the creek. If we had phones that took video we'd have been the 80's version of Dude Perfect. šŸ˜„ That was livin! Also, sorry to hear about your Jeep OP, hope you'll stick with the brand. Like anything, there's bound to be a bad apple in the basket now and then.

geneinhouston

First Name
gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys Ed. in PitchBlack
Occupation
Photographer/Travel Manager/Blue October promotions (best friends band!)
Good luck with it, OP, I'd be looking to get it bought back/lemon law. Even if it gets repaired or you got another JT, I'm sure your confidence in the product line is low, and I don't blame you. Just be thankful it happened while under warranty. To be honest, the only vehicles that I have ever had to use the warranty on, have been FCA products. Hope you get the resolution you're looking for. On another note, am I the only one that finds it strange that often times when someone starts a thread about the challenges they are experiencing, that there's always going to be people chiming in about how awesome their JT is performing? Seems a bit like a slap in the face, IMO.

One more thing- I sourced the contact info/email addresses of the Executive team for someone on the forum last year. If you decide that you want to raise a little hell and get some attention at the VP/ C-Level, PM me, and I will try to find those email addresses again.
i think if you choose to take something negatively you will take it negatively ;)
the thing is that most people will respond to a problem saying they dont have the same so the person will know it's not a common problem. that is all.
i don't think i have ever read a comment on this forum that has been anything other than supportive or helpful...or hilarious.
we all want this person to have a great jeep experience!
ps...owned a wrangler for 10 years and never an issue except a dumb traction sensor issue that i just lived with and finally traded in without telling the dealership haha..
but now own a 2023 jeep gladiator and so far no issues with that either!
looks like @JeepCares is on the case though and praying this person gets all resolved!

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Ihave had BMWs and Toyotas all go in for warranty issues so I think one just gets lucky or not.

The reason for sharing positive experiences in a negative thread is not a slap in the faceā€¦.it is because many people come to forums who do not own jeeps and look to see if the vehicle is good/bad reliable etc. while considering whether to buy. They tend to gravitate towards threads that title out with a negative. Without responses to show that the vehicle can be good and are not all lemons you need positive responses in those threads about their vehicles. It is an important balance within the thread.

wakeup2river

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Rubicon
I bought an expensive air mattress once that had multiple leaks at the seams. The mattress was covered under warranty but the company wanted me to pay shipping to return it across the country. I googled the CEO, found his email, sent him a nice email and got a response same day (on a Sunday nonetheless). Had a new one shipped to me and I kept (and repaired) the old one.

Bypass the peons and seek out the big wigs for real results
LOL The French Stellantis CEO is too busy making electric cars their future and thinking offshore windmills will power it all. He probably despises the whole ICE wrangler JT setup and off-roading

The jeep died with the JK. With the new death wobble Iā€™m sure IFS is near which it might as well be with the 3 piece front axle garbage . My JT texts me saying I need to go the dealer for service when ever I air down. šŸ¤” Freaking brilliant, clearly Karen is hard at work in the marketing department at Stellantis. Oh and while we are at it letā€™s put a disposable maintenance item like a second battery buried under the first battery and under the giant fuse box. Lol

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 RAM, 2021 Bronco Big Bend, 1966 GMC Stepside
Occupation
Director of Recruitment for Pharma/Biotech/Device Consulting Firm
So, apparently some didnā€™t like my comment in my previous post about how I find it odd that people chime in to say their JT is running perfect when folks are posting their issues. Iā€™ll say this: I never said anyone had any ill intent with their comments- I said I find it odd. If the OP was asking people if they were experiencing similar issues, I could see people chiming in with their personal experience. If someone is venting about/discussing their misfortune my last reaction is ā€œI donā€™t have those problemsā€. Maybe Iā€™m the odd one, but Iā€™m more apt to see if I can help them with a solution, as opposed to change the conversation to whatā€™s going on with me. Just my $.02. Someone commented that only negative people will see that as being negative, and I call BS. Iā€™m as positive as youā€™ll find, amigo. And just to state the obvious, Iā€™m sure the OP is well aware that the vast majority of JT owners arenā€™t having the same issues, so I donā€™t see how telling them that you donā€™t have the same issue helps.

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ihave had BMWs and Toyotas all go in for warranty issues so I think one just gets lucky or not.

The reason for sharing positive experiences in a negative thread is not a slap in the faceā€¦.it is because many people come to forums who do not own jeeps and look to see if the vehicle is good/bad reliable etc. while considering whether to buy. They tend to gravitate towards threads that title out with a negative. Without responses to show that the vehicle can be good and are not all lemons you need positive responses in those threads about their vehicles. It is an important balance within the thread.
I politely disagree- there are positive posts all over the forum. This thread should be showing an acceptable resolution by FCA for the OP and not a dilution of posts saying their JT is perfect. One of the reasons that forums are here, are to make people aware of issues and resolutions, not to sell vehicles to prospective buyers- thatā€™s the dealerā€™s job. And if someone wants to base their purchase off of a handful of negative posts, they wonā€™t be buying a vehicle at all.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
Cuellar13 offered some help. I will ask. Is there anything any of us can do to help you? I dont have any good contacts in corp like C-13 but i could recommed a few service techs in Fl that can diag weird issues

BringTheLightnin

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport
It's a good thing I like working on stuff and solving problems.
I'm the same way. Mine has 22k miles and I bought it with 20k. My wife asked the other day "you just bought it, why do you have to go work on it every day?" I know exactly why the previous owner got rid of this one but I truly enjoy solving it's problems and understanding that truck. Also I think I finally have it just about right with everything that was wrong with it.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
So, apparently some didnā€™t like my comment in my previous post about how I find it odd that people chime in to say their JT is running perfect when folks are posting their issues. Iā€™ll say this: I never said anyone had any ill intent with their comments- I said I find it odd. If the OP was asking people if they were experiencing similar issues, I could see people chiming in with their personal experience. If someone is venting about/discussing their misfortune my last reaction is ā€œI donā€™t have those problemsā€. Maybe Iā€™m the odd one, but Iā€™m more apt to see if I can help them with a solution, as opposed to change the conversation to whatā€™s going on with me. Just my $.02. Someone commented that only negative people will see that as being negative, and I call BS. Iā€™m as positive as youā€™ll find, amigo. And just to state the obvious, Iā€™m sure the OP is well aware that the vast majority of JT owners arenā€™t having the same issues, so I donā€™t see how telling them that you donā€™t have the same issue helps.
I think it is just a subliminal passive-aggressive push back to discount the OP's experience. I do not think it is done nefariously, just a impulse reaction to bad news most do not want to consider about their own vehicles.

Sponsored

cuellar13

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I think it is just a subliminal passive-aggressive push back to discount the OP's experience. I do not think it is done nefariously, just a impulse reaction to bad news most do not want to consider about their own vehicles.
Could be the case!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Could be the case!
I am guilty of it when people only join and their first post is crying about their tales of woe. I could care less about their problems if they never wanted to be a part of the community until they had problems.

BTG36

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Publix-Meat cutter/welder
Fixed the overheating problem. Replaced air filter old one was so caked with dirt and debris. No wonder its overheating,changed oil added full synthetic,low antifreeze added more. The Jeep dealer I bought from said they checked all fluids that was a lie, they said they did a full diagnostic scan another lie, said they replaced the air filter another lie. I think I'll work on my own vehicle.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Apples and oranges. You can look at rockers and cams and tell what's wrong.
Jeep isn't going to tell them to replace one part at a time.
Yes, there are processes they must follow - but his example isn't among them. The dealership shouldn't even need Jeep's input on that issue.
So on a P0300 you replace one lifter at a time? LOL - no, Jeep isn't telling them that. Get real.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
I remember when I was a kid, we used to give our bicycles ā€œghost rides.ā€ Too bad you canā€™t do that with carsā€¦
Who says?
Sponsored