Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
I had a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and have been in love for the past 1.5 years. Everything came to a sudden end this morning when I woke up and went outside to find that it was gone. From video surveillance I obtained from two of my neighbours, we can see two thieves walk up like they owned it, reached under the engine area (Assume they cut the horn wires, disabling it from sounding by the alarm) opened the hood, you can see quick car light flashing on/off, and they jump in it and drove away. Took under 4 mins from the time they walked onto my property at 4:50AM. Called the police and it was the second Jeep Gladiator reported for my area today. There have been several thefts of Jeep Gladiators reported in the past few days in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Please take precautions to protect your Jeep Gladiators, Wranglers, and other Jeep products as they are all susceptible to new theft measures.

Add a separate hood horn or other deterrent devices along with video security. Wish I had a garage big enough to park mine.

Be safe, protect yourselves and your very defenceless Jeep babies!

IMG_0135.JPG
I'm really sorry about that. I lost a car to theft 10 years ago in Oakland. You kind of expect it there, but Ontario. I hope they find it and it's in good condition. I've always been suspect of no hood latch like we have in the Tacoma and Subaru.
Sponsored

OP
OP

kjdf17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Sorry that happened to you. I live where that kind of thing isn't a problem... we instantly drop them and then call the coroner to come pick up the body. The sheriff writes a report and then shakes our hands and says nice job.
I wish that were a thing here... Our government is trying to ban the sale of hand guns completely and eventually any gun I imagine. Even though we don't have the right to carry in Canada and there are extreme rules around gun licensing...

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
Yup. Sorry OP. This is a flaw on FIATs side. Too many challengers, hellcat a TRXS get stolen with repeaters or key cloners

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Yeah, on the footage that I have the thief has an iPad/tablet in his hands and never even touches the doors. He goes near the jeep with the iPad then places it on the ground. He then goes under the front of the jeep on the passenger side tire and then he opens the hood with a partner. They do something near the battery side, probably in the fuse box. The lights flicker, they close the hood, jump in the Jeep, start it and drive away... :(
Yep, that's exactly how they're taking all the other Mopars too. They stole your keyfob signal. Maybe I really should start wrapping mine in foil.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Yup. Sorry OP. This is a flaw on FIATs side. Too many challengers, hellcat a TRXS get stolen with repeaters or key cloners
I liked this, but more in agreeance than anything else. I don't condone theft, obviously.

Sponsored

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link

f33d

First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Engineer
I liked this, but more in agreeance than anything else. I don't condone theft, obviously.
Yeah man it’s really sad. Obviously the truck can be replaced but the memories, time spent wrenching is all gone. Plus it makes you just not feeling safe. This most likely was targeted and the vehicle was stole by kids and the truck is in a crate ready to go overseas.

1996XJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Cherokee , 2021 JTMojave (punjabi), 22 gobiator
Occupation
Hot Dog proprietor
FCA engineers live in a cotton candy world to allow any joe schmoe to pop my hood.
They probably live in a nice neighborhood and feel like only peasants live where people steal. Thats my theory.

OP
OP

kjdf17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Damn, that sucks! Sorry for your loss. I am not too far from you, maybe I better start blocking the Jeep in with my mini van.
Definately do something to make it more difficult. There is an untold rise in car theft in the GTA. I called all the Jeep dealers in Durham asking them to send out alerts/warnings to their clients, but they are too worried about policy and potential brand damage I think. Meanwhile, our Jeeps and the impact on our life/finances sit out in the open defenceless.

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, '08 JKUX, '08 JKUS
First thing I noticed as a first time Jeep owner. What's up with the anyone can open the hood ordeal.
If you have an OBDII adapter and JSCAN you can enable a feature that will sound the alarm when the hood is opened immediately. I enabled it on mine... and tested.

Yes, they can cut the wires to the horn, but at least it'll get a blast or two out before they do. Maybe enough to deter them and they'll run.

Sponsored

Zybane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Occupation
Military Pilot
To me it's crazy that Jeeps come from the factory with a hood that anyone in the world can open and destroy anything in the engine bay. I had my locking hood latches in my garage before my Gladiator even arrived. It's especially even more important now that we are legalizing crime.

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Bait car.
Now there is a plan. Leave a Gladiator parked out on the street with the windows down and the doors unlocked. I'll hide in the bushes with my Atticus at the ready..... and when the effing thief comes sneaking around, I'll deploy the Atticus. Oh, I'm sorry.... this is Atticus.

Atti Jeep 1.jpg

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
Now there is a plan. Leave a Gladiator parked out on the street with the windows down and the doors unlocked. I'll hide in the bushes with my Atticus at the ready..... and when the effing thief comes sneaking around, I'll deploy the Atticus. Oh, I'm sorry.... this is Atticus.

Jeep Gladiator STOLEN from my driveway this morning!  New Jeeps are crazy easy to steal apparently... Atti Jeep 1
I should have added that not that long ago a hapless a-hole climbed over our wall and attempted to pry the rear slider.... One half of a pair of Levis 501's were left hanging on the gate. We followed the blood trail for two blocks before it ended where his partner picked him up. 130 pounds of dog hanging from his ass had to get his mind correct.

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Definitely interested to know how to prevent this!!!! sorry this happened to you.
OP please let us know if you learn anything else about how they did it
Ravelco…look it up. It has been around for years. I have used it on my cars back to my Jeep TJ.
Sponsored