Sun Visors Falling out...

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
I didn't know where to post this question. It isn't really an interior "mod" so I figured jist to post this under general...
My sun visors fall out anytime I go to lut them down. I bought the Gladiator used, so I don't know if the previous owner modified them at all. But here is a picture.. where they go in to swivel, they fall down and out of all the time, only thing holding them in is the wire for the light on the mirror. Has anyone experienced this?

20230317_184525.jpg
Sponsored

GRAN1TE JT

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S
I have the same problem with the drivers side on my 2020 sport. I’m pretty sure there’s a service bulletin at jeep for this problem, they should fix it for free from what I’ve seen

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Several fixes available by way of amazon. Search for jeep sun visor clip or something to that affect. It's a little plate that screws in the factory position.

Good luck.

OP
OP
dayusmc

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
Thank you, I saw them just wasn't sure that would actually it it because of how they looked.

Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
Once your visor falls loose it must be replaced before installing the Amazon clips.

jav_eee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Once your visor falls loose it must be replaced before installing the Amazon clips.
everything I’ve seen so far says this is not true. You can use the Amazon fix without getting your visor replaced.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Definitely not the case. The wife’s 2020 JLU had the all too common visor drop. Didn’t replace it, just used these:
BoomBa 4 PCS Steel Sun Visor Clips for Jeep 2018 and Newer JK, JL, JT Gladiator and Wrangler https://a.co/d/fDDjsXn

I went with those because it’s a pair for hers and a pair for mine when they finally decide to go.

HooliganActual

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Here is an important thing to note:

I found this out after both of mine failed (not at the same time) and were replaced under warranty. While there is a TSB out about them AND they are a warrantied item, Jeep/Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis/WhoeverTheyAre have done nothing to redesign the replacement part. It is still the same plastic bits and bobs that failed the first time.

Do yourself a favor and buy and install the metal reinforcing clips from Amazon or wherever before one breaks. If you don't do this preventatively and one breaks and is replaced under warranty, make sure you get the clips and install them. Eventually your warranty will run out but the visors will likely continue to fail.

And if you are interested, purchased from the dealer the Passenger side replacement visor is around $30 and the driver's side, if you have the HomeLink feature, is about $100.

Sponsored

dmwphoto

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Retired
I should have said "should be replaced". The reinforcement clips on a broken visor is a poor repair. The clips are intended to prevent recurrence.

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I should have said "should be replaced". The reinforcement clips on a broken visor is a poor repair. The clips are intended to prevent recurrence.
I disagree. The clips will work just fine. Why replace the visor? This happened to me about 10 days ago. I ordered the aluminum clips from Amazon that will replace both screws. They will be here tomorrow. So far, only the driver's side visor has dropped down. But I will install a clip on the passenger side also as an upgrade. It's wonderful that Jeep tries to support small aftermarket businesses by manufacturing faulty equipment.

rr11

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 2005 TJ 2003 F250
Occupation
Retired
After my visors were fixed under warranty I bought the clips and installed them to prevent failure in the future.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I didn't know where to post this question. It isn't really an interior "mod" so I figured jist to post this under general...
My sun visors fall out anytime I go to lut them down. I bought the Gladiator used, so I don't know if the previous owner modified them at all. But here is a picture.. where they go in to swivel, they fall down and out of all the time, only thing holding them in is the wire for the light on the mirror. Has anyone experienced this?

20230317_184525.jpg
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/visor-problem-solution.58398/

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
My visor was replaced twice under warranty. After the second time I installed the repair kit as a preventative. It works great. Here are some examples from Amazon.

Jeep Gladiator Sun Visors Falling out... D36A780F-096A-4C12-B718-EF596B614C65
I put the TACCOM ones one as soon as I bought the GLadiator. Never have had a problem as a result.
Sponsored