Sponsored

Sunrider Rebate Issue (non-matching part numbers)

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, Granite Crystal Metallic
Occupation
Business Owner
I haven't been able to reach Bestop by phone so I'm hoping someone there will see this and be able to help me. out. I ordered a Sunrider for Hardtop from a 3rd party vendor back when there was a $200 rebate.
It was back ordered for 2 1/2 months, which was no big deal for me but, when it arrived the label had a different part number than what was on my original order. So the number on my receipt will not match the label when I send them in and the new number is not one listed on the rebate.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I haven't been able to reach Bestop by phone so I'm hoping someone there will see this and be able to help me. out. I ordered a Sunrider for Hardtop from a 3rd party vendor back when there was a $200 rebate.
It was back ordered for 2 1/2 months, which was no big deal for me but, when it arrived the label had a different part number than what was on my original order. So the number on my receipt will not match the label when I send them in and the new number is not one listed on the rebate.
Hey @boltnut
You might get rejected initially but we'll make sure you get taken care of as long as everything else lines up. I would suggest contacting our Customer Service to let them know as well, maybe they can save a step. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

When you submit, please message me your reference number and I'll try to intervene as well.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Hey @boltnut
You might get rejected initially but we'll make sure you get taken care of as long as everything else lines up. I would suggest contacting our Customer Service to let them know as well, maybe they can save a step. Their number is 800-845-3567 and are in the office between 8am-5pm Mountain Monday through Friday.

When you submit, please message me your reference number and I'll try to intervene as well.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Thank you, I'll go ahead and send it in then. I'll try giving them another call, but so far I haven't had any luck. I left a voice mail yesterday and have not received a return call.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Thank you, I'll go ahead and send it in then. I'll try giving them another call, but so far I haven't had any luck. I left a voice mail yesterday and have not received a return call.
Please message me your contact info and I'll have someone reach out to you.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
Hey @boltnut

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
@boltnut be prepared for a long wait. I actually gave up on the process, took the $100 loss and put my Sunrider up for sale just based on the appalling rebate experience alone.

I mailed in my rebate form on 3/30, got the rejection notice on May 16 (just short of 7 weeks later)
despite assurances circumstances like mine (I can PM you the details if interested) happened all the time and don't worry about it, I'll get taken care of, and it took a lot of wrangling, phone calls and emails to get the rejection overridden, which Bestop customer service told me they did on May 21, and to "give it a week or so" before checking back.

After patiently waiting for 3 weeks so as to not bug them, I emailed customer service to politely check in on the status. On June 18 I got a response saying "there was a little delay" and "don't be surprised if it takes another 3-4 weeks to get your check." Apparently after getting approved, I was sent to the back of the line (in which I had already waited 7 weeks for them to reject me).

It's now July 9.

As of today, the rebate check that I have already written off will have taken as long (7 weeks) to show up as it took waiting for the initial rejection. And counting.

Great product? Absolutely! Kind and responsive customer service and forum rep? Yes!

I understand how mail-in rebates work and why they take a long time but I've never seen anything like this. In my opinion (I stress opinion, and absolutely no disrespect aimed at the forum reps), but based on my well documented treatment and experience, this whole rebate thing is a sham, and I didn't accidentally leave an "e" off the end of sham.

Your mileage may vary. I hope it does ;)

*** UPDATE/EDIT July 14: The $100 prepaid debit card arrived in today's mail. Thank you @Bestop.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
@boltnut be prepared for a long wait. I actually gave up on the process, took the $100 loss and put my Sunrider up for sale just based on the appalling rebate experience alone.

I mailed in my rebate form on 3/30, got the rejection notice on May 16 (just short of 7 weeks later)
despite assurances circumstances like mine (I can PM you the details if interested) happened all the time and don't worry about it, I'll get taken care of, and it took a lot of wrangling, phone calls and emails to get the rejection overridden, which Bestop customer service told me they did on May 21, and to "give it a week or so" before checking back.

After patiently waiting for 3 weeks so as to not bug them, I emailed customer service to politely check in on the status. On June 18 I got a response saying "there was a little delay" and "don't be surprised if it takes another 3-4 weeks to get your check." Apparently after getting approved, I was sent to the back of the line (in which I had already waited 7 weeks for them to reject me).

It's now July 9.

As of today, the rebate check that I have already written off will have taken as long (7 weeks) to show up as it took waiting for the initial rejection. And counting.

Great product? Absolutely! Kind and responsive customer service and forum rep? Yes!

I understand how mail-in rebates work and why they take a long time but I've never seen anything like this. In my opinion (I stress opinion, and absolutely no disrespect aimed at the forum reps), but based on my well documented treatment and experience, this whole rebate thing is a sham, and I didn't accidentally leave an "e" off the end of sham.

Your mileage may vary. I hope it does ;)
While that doesn’t sound encouraging, I have noticed a lot of things taking longer these days. We’re running into all sorts of delays and back orders both in our business and personal dealings. I too have been assured that all is good and have mailed in the rebate so:fingerscrossed:.

LTCSlacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon (Billet Silver)
Occupation
Military Officer
I was denied my rebate because I received a military discount on my purchase directly from Bestop, despite the fact that my military discount was LESS than the rebate.

Furthermore, I purchased this directly from Bestop, eliminating 3rd party retailers, in part due to the discount and in part because I feel that allowing a manufacturer to maximize their profits by not paying 3rd parties is important. I can't prove it now, but I believe that I saw the Sunrider for Hardtop available elsewhere for a little cheaper (I want to say $799 actual price, with no discount), and, had I known how this would play out, I could have purchased elsewhere and gotten both the better price AND the rebate.

I appreciate Bestop's military discount, that they do not have to give. However, it seems that, in this case, the discount has not actually helped me, and I feel that Bestop is not really standing by its support for the military

I sent them a note saying as much, but have not heard back from them at this point.

I don't think I'd be very supportive of Bestop in the future.

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I sent mt rebate form on 4/11...with everything that was requested.....about 3 weeks ago got a rejection letter claiming I did not include the sales receipt....which I did.....so for the hell of it I mailed back another copy of the receipt. Today 7/21 still have not heard or gotten anything.

This is without a doubt the worse "rebate" experience I have ever had....and luckily I do not see anything on the horizon that I need from Bestop....would not want to do business with them again.

I enjoy the Sunrider but only bought it due to the $200 off...since its regular price is too high for what it is IMO.

I have delt with alot of companies thru this Corvid 19 stuff and yes stuff is not as smooth as usual but none have been as bad as this. So that excuse does not float anymore.

MaximusDecimusMeridius

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Red LE, 2014 Sierra 6in lift, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
@Bestop

I have the same problem...ordered from northridge4x4...what bestop sent does not match the part number that I ordered from northridge4x4 even though it is the right top.
Called and spoke with Nick at Bestop. He told me that they had changed the part number, but that it shouldn't be a problem since they're aware of it on their end.

Sponsored

OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
UPDATE: My rebate was denied for both reasons that I was concerned about. It was late due to being backordered and it had an invalid UPC because they changed the part number after I ordered it. I reached out to Lee here on the forum and sent an email to Bestop customer service.
I'll probably also call later today. For now I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt that it will be fixed. Lee told me that it may get denied initially. I'll keep updating as this progresses.

OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
I received a call from Crystal @ Bestop today. She said she was approving me for the $200. I'm thinking I'm good to go. Just have to wait 8-10 weeks to find out.

wannajeep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6sp JTR
I received a call from Crystal @ Bestop today. She said she was approving me for the $200. I'm thinking I'm good to go. Just have to wait 8-10 weeks to find out.
If you're approved, why would it take 2+ months?

OP
OP

boltnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Business Owner
Bestop says it can take that long to receive the rebate, once it is approved. I don't mind, as long as it comes.

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I was denied my rebate because I received a military discount on my purchase directly from Bestop, despite the fact that my military discount was LESS than the rebate.

Furthermore, I purchased this directly from Bestop, eliminating 3rd party retailers, in part due to the discount and in part because I feel that allowing a manufacturer to maximize their profits by not paying 3rd parties is important. I can't prove it now, but I believe that I saw the Sunrider for Hardtop available elsewhere for a little cheaper (I want to say $799 actual price, with no discount), and, had I known how this would play out, I could have purchased elsewhere and gotten both the better price AND the rebate.

I appreciate Bestop's military discount, that they do not have to give. However, it seems that, in this case, the discount has not actually helped me, and I feel that Bestop is not really standing by its support for the military

I sent them a note saying as much, but have not heard back from them at this point.

I don't think I'd be very supportive of Bestop in the future.
@LTCSlacker thank you for illustrating this scenario for me. I've escalated this to see if there is a better way we can handle this in the future.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Sponsored