Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I still would love to ask them how coolant in oil is normal. Have them explain how it gets there in normal operations. Seems the results of testing from WXMan and others would seem to contradict them.
Sponsored

Janelkallie

First Name
Janel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Rn
I have a 2021 jeep gladiator overland with 2800 miles. Right now the jeep has a blinking check engine light and it's misfiring. A few days ago the check engine light came on and it was an issue with the 02 sensor. It went away and now this.... currently have an appointment on Wed.... really annoyed because they have no loaners.

So my 2021 jeep gladiator has currently been at the dealer since 9/22, that's 5 days excluding Sunday since they are closed. They call me about an hour ago stating my fuel pump is bad (again, it was replaced at 60miles). They then proceeded to ask me if I was putting the incorrect type of gas into my gas truck. I told her that I am not a moron and was not putting diesel into my gas truck and that I go to different gas stations so don't blame me for your garbage part. They also tried to tell me I put the wrong kind of gas in my jeep at 60 miles causing the fuel pump to go bad. Mind you, it was 3/4 tank full of the gas that my sales person put into my truck when I purchased it.

Anyways, they told me that their fuel pumps are on back order for 40 plus days and there are currently 22 people ahead of me waiting for fuel pumps. Hmm sounds like your fuel pumps are crap.

So Florida lemon law states if they have my jeep for 30 consecutive days then they need to give me a refund or a new vehicle. I called the FCA US Customer Care Center: 1-844-521-8188 on jeeps website to start the lemon law process.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
So my 2021 jeep gladiator has currently been at the dealer since 9/22, that's 5 days excluding Sunday since they are closed. They call me about an hour ago stating my fuel pump is bad (again, it was replaced at 60miles). They then proceeded to ask me if I was putting the incorrect type of gas into my gas truck. I told her that I am not a moron and was not putting diesel into my gas truck and that I go to different gas stations so don't blame me for your garbage part. They also tried to tell me I put the wrong kind of gas in my jeep at 60 miles causing the fuel pump to go bad. Mind you, it was 3/4 tank full of the gas that my sales person put into my truck when I purchased it.

Anyways, they told me that their fuel pumps are on back order for 40 plus days and there are currently 22 people ahead of me waiting for fuel pumps. Hmm sounds like your fuel pumps are crap.

So Florida lemon law states if they have my jeep for 30 consecutive days then they need to give me a refund or a new vehicle. I called the FCA US Customer Care Center: 1-844-521-8188 on jeeps website to start the lemon law process.
Seriously - after a fuel pump issue?
By wrong gas they don't mean diesel - they mean something like E85 and so on. Otherwise they'd not even question about diesel because they would KNOW it without even asking you.

Sorry on the lemon law thing - it's not that simple "they've had it for 30 days, they owe me".
There are other things involved - I have a feeling you aren't going to get your buyback over a fuel pump.

Janelkallie

First Name
Janel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Rn
Seriously - after a fuel pump issue?
By wrong gas they don't mean diesel - they mean something like E85 and so on. Otherwise they'd not even question about diesel because they would KNOW it without even asking you.

Sorry on the lemon law thing - it's not that simple "they've had it for 30 days, they owe me".
There are other things involved - I have a feeling you aren't going to get your buyback over a fuel pump.

I don't even have any local gas stations that sell E85.

I would much rather have my brand new $58000 jeep with no issues, but I don't forsee that happening.

Golfme

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Update, valve cover is leaking oil and dripping on the upstream o2 sensor connector. Theory is, flowing down and shorting out the upstream o2 sensor on bank 1. I did go into the shop and personally seen the oil leak. Valve cover gasket on back order until mid October. Dealer finally did give me a loaner vehicle.

Sponsored

oztek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 Honda Pilot
That fits because mine has never had any light come on, the ESS has worked just fine, and my engine is smooth as silk, even after a cold start. Granted, with hot weather if the AC is on I notice the load of the AC making it a bit less smooth, but the engine doesn't misfire and doesn't "run rough" ever.
Assuming mine came from the factory without these issues, then it could be used as a base to compare against. Almost 19,000 miles, no misfires, no rough running.
Just got the TSB 18-224-021 Update PCM software and replace Camshaft.

This might be TL;TR and some of it is just a copy and paste of some old notes, so forgive any spelling or grammar issues.

A little history as I have not posted to this thread for over a year, but have been actively watching it since I was dreading the day my CEL would come on again.

Purchased an Overland in early May of 2020.

Had to take it back to the Dealership the next day because the Auto Start/Stop light came on and stayed on.
Diagnosis was that the vehicle was on the lot too long and low secondary battery voltage was triggering it.
They replaced the secondary battery after approval from FCA.

Afterward, Everything seemed fine, but the Auto Start/Stop light came on about 3 weeks later. It reset the next time the vehicle was started. Called the dealership and they said that can happen for various reasons.
Did not have the warm and fuzzies.

3 days later still less than a month after purchase the CEL came on and stayed on.
Took it to the dealership on 5/27/20
The tech was able to reproduce a P300 multi-cylinder misfire on cold starts. Cylinders 2,4,6.
Theory was a casting defect.

5/28/20.Service manager called. Said to plan on keeping the rental for awhile.
There is another jeep with the same problem that was built within 2 days of mine.
Engineer called them and said this is popping up all over. The engineer has a Gladiator that is exhibiting the same symptoms and told the dealership to not touch the Gladiators until he takes the engine apart to figure out what is going on with the one he has.

6/1/20
FCA gave the dealership the ok to take the engine apart, and they found a piece of metal that was disrupting the intake, and timing, causing the cold start misfiles.
They have a list of VIN numbers within certain build dates that have the problem.
They will be replacing the engine with a new one right off the factory. Will probably have it back mid to end of next week

6/9/20
FCA Engineers now think it might be a software fix as it is only happening on certain cold starts.
It sounds like the metal they were referencing earlier was found in the oil filter, and engineering confirmed that this was not unusual, they even confirmed they saw it in another model Jeep.

The recommendation was for me to pickup the truck and drive it until a software fix is done. The code has been reset and the check engine light is off.
If the light comes on, just keep driving it unless it doesnā€™t drive correctly, flashing light, stalls etc. Then take it to the service department.

They do not know why it is happening more in KC, a theory is that the weather (temp) has something to do with it. Now that it has gotten quite warm, they were struggling to reproduce the misfire.
Took it for a couple drives for at least 50+ total miles with no problems.
Fingers crossed

** Note that over the last year until 8/23/21 the CEL has not come back on, but I was getting periodic Auto Start/Stop errors which alway reset after the next start. Could go weeks before one would happen

These errors typically would happen after a start where the engine was already warmed up. Like when running an errand, but not always.

About a week or 2 before the CEL came on on 8/23/21. I noticed that the Auto Start/Stop error seemed to be happening much more frequently, even on a cold start. Was planning on calling the Dealership about that.

8/23/21
The dreaded CEL returns
19,021 miles

8/25/21
Took it to the dealership, but they didnā€™t get to it till later that day.

8/26/21.
They confirmed issue and a fix but needed to wait for parts (New Cam Shaft)

**Note, I specifically did not mention the TSB to the dealership as I wanted to see what their recommendation would be. I was pleased that they were aware of the TSB which has not been the case for others posting on this thread.

8/27/21
Have the Gladiator back. Itā€™s only been a few days and about 45 miles, but no CEL, and the only thing I have noticed is that after a cold start and letting the RPMs idle down to < 1000, the engine runs smooth. Prior to the fix I noticed that there was a small bit of shaking / running rough at low RPMs, until the engine warmed up.

I will keep this thread updated. I have a 5000 mile road trip planned in mid September and will post back to this thread after that unless things go sideways before then.

Fingers crossed again.
Have over 5000 miles on the Gladiator since the TSB was applied.
Drove from KC to Pasadena up PCH1 to San Francisco to Salt Lake to YellowStone and back to KC 93.5 hours driving in 11.5 days.

No CEL and for the first time since I have had it, no random ESS light. So knock on wood, the TSB seems to have fixed the CEL and ESS issue I was seeing.

A couple things.
After about 150 miles I was on the highway coming back from a 30 minute slow drive around a local lake. I was going about 72 mph with cruise control on and I felt this weird cycle of slow down and speed back up happening about every second. I turned cruise off and it still happened. I sped up and slowed down and it still happened at speeds as low a 40mph as long as I kept the throttle steady. When taking the foot off the pedal and coasting for a bit it stopped. Got home and took it back out on the highway later that day and it never happened again. Looking at the Drive display when it happened did not show any change in gears. It almost felt like I had my foot on the brake and was tapping it every second. Very strange.

2nd, driving through some of the mountains in Wyoming at highway speeds there were a few cases that it was hunting for the right gear, and a couple times it was in 5th gear at 4000+ rpm and wouldn't automatically shift to 6. I felt I had to manually intervene about a half dozen times

Overall the long trip was great, I was concerned about sitting in drivers seat for that long,, but it was surprisingly comfortable even during the 19 hour straight drive home.

Janelkallie

First Name
Janel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Rn

So on 9/29 A FCA customer retention guy called stating that If my gladiator is out of service for 30 days then it does qualify for buy back in the state of Florida. However, they are going to try to expedite delivery on a fuel pump.

Today 10/4 the service representative emailed me stating they still don't have the part.

They have had my jeep for 18 consecutive days now for the same issue. Since it now reaches the 15 day mark

So update on my gladiator.

My dealer some how sourced a fuel pump after Fca reached out to them regarding my claim. The dealer emailed me at 730 am and then at 1050 am stating that the fuel pump was replaced and it still has a misfire. šŸ˜ . I have a feeling it's the valve cover leaking issue.

However, this makes 19 consecutive days that jeep has had my gladiator now. I already sent them a vehicle motor defect form since it's been over 15 days. At the 30 day mark I will be seeking arbitration. Also I still do not have a loaner.

Deleted member 31576

So we are on day 32 of the Gladiator being at the dealership !!!! Nobody from the dealership has called to keep us informed about ANYTHING. @JeepCares called over a week and a half ago to let us know an engine was on order. I called the same day and talked to the "lane" manager Sean who then let me know the engine was getting replaced. @JeepCares has been in contact with my wife every few days - but they really don't even have any updates. It's like no one knows what's going on. JeepCares tried to call the dealership to get an update today with my wife on the phone and no one from service picked up the phone. They tried to call them earlier and then again later and couldn't get anyone on the phone. We have NEVER received a call from the dealership on their own accord - it has always been either my wife or myself calling to get an update. Even then, they don't seem to know what's going on.

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE we have ever experienced. As much as I want to enjoy this vehicle - they have sucked the enjoyment out of us.

Deleted member 31576

So on 9/29 A FCA customer retention guy called stating that If my gladiator is out of service for 30 days then it does qualify for buy back in the state of Florida. However, they are going to try to expedite delivery on a fuel pump.

Today 10/4 the service representative emailed me stating they still don't have the part.

They have had my jeep for 18 consecutive days now for the same issue. Since it now reaches the 15 day mark

So update on my gladiator.

My dealer some how sourced a fuel pump after Fca reached out to them regarding my claim. The dealer emailed me at 730 am and then at 1050 am stating that the fuel pump was replaced and it still has a misfire. šŸ˜ . I have a feeling it's the valve cover leaking issue.

However, this makes 19 consecutive days that jeep has had my gladiator now. I already sent them a vehicle motor defect form since it's been over 15 days. At the 30 day mark I will be seeking arbitration. Also I still do not have a loaner.
WOW. This is insane that people are having to deal with this.

What county are you in and how did you go about the starting the buyback process????

I hate to hear about someone else dealing with the same issues - especially from a company that doesn't appear to have it together.

calipoontappa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Weā€™ll now add me to this one as wellā€¦
@JeepCares is 100% useless. My truck is dead and no dealer in my area has any available spots for 3-5 weeks. Reached out to @JeepCares for ANY kind of assistance and need less to say @JeepCares doesnā€™t care. No response to many DMs, emails and callsā€¦not one. I love this truck but Iā€™ve had nothing but headaches with it. Engine knock, replaced engine and knock still there, axle leak, coolant leak, a/c blowing hot air, creaking freedom panels, cracked coolant line, ESS never working always stuck in charging mode and now misfire/camshaft issue. As soon as this is ā€œfixedā€ itā€™s being sold. Iā€™ve had a ton of cars and this one is by far the least reliable of all, this is the last time I purchase anything from FCA.

Sponsored

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Weā€™ll now add me to this one as wellā€¦
@JeepCares is 100% useless. My truck is dead and no dealer in my area has any available spots for 3-5 weeks. Reached out to @JeepCares for ANY kind of assistance and need less to say @JeepCares doesnā€™t care. No response to many DMs, emails and callsā€¦not one. I love this truck but Iā€™ve had nothing but headaches with it. Engine knock, replaced engine and knock still there, axle leak, coolant leak, a/c blowing hot air, creaking freedom panels, cracked coolant line, ESS never working always stuck in charging mode and now misfire/camshaft issue. As soon as this is ā€œfixedā€ itā€™s being sold. Iā€™ve had a ton of cars and this one is by far the least reliable of all, this is the last time I purchase anything from FCA.
Sorry to hear you feel we don't care, calipoontappa! Since we answer customer inquiries in the order they are received and don't work through the night, we responded to you about an hour ago. When you have a chance, please continue to work with us there regarding your concerns. Thanks so much.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Deleted member 31576

I have to agree.......I give them little-to-no credit. The only thing they have done is call my wife. Unfortunately their calls have been filled with empty promises, devoid of anything at all.

They haven't initiated anything, accomplished anything or resolved anything. Our Jeep is still in the shop - I have sent JeepCares email upon email that I have to request a response from - and still no response. They are ABSOLUTELY INEFFECTIVE ! Apologies and false-sympathy mean absolutely zero.

Our Jeep has been at the dealership for 35 days. 35 days is unacceptable. We had to request a loaner vehicle - they didn't suggest it or offer it. It was only provided because it was demanded. Seriously, we had to demand it, because there was push back when it was requested. We had to request the replacement of our window tint. It wasn't offered for inconvenience. I get it, we are in a different world. Nobody cares anymore. Service sucks. The niceties end at the end of the sale.

There has been nothing done on Jeep's own accord. I have paid one month of a car payment for a vehicle we can not drive.

We have zero expectations and trust for Jeep. One day this will come back on them and I won't feel sorry for them one bit.

There are plenty of failing auto companies - that due to a lack of service, they have no return business. My money was earned and therefore it is important to me in what I get for it.

Lesson learned.

Deleted member 31576

Sorry to hear you feel we don't care, calipoontappa! Since we answer customer inquiries in the order they are received and don't work through the night, we responded to you about an hour ago. When you have a chance, please continue to work with us there regarding your concerns. Thanks so much.

Kate
Jeep Cares

That is such a patronizing response - Sorry to hear you feel we don't care - maybe it's because you don't. And it doesn't matter what you think - it should matter what your customer thinks. You don't need to repeat our sentiments to feel better about the fact you are responding. Doesn't matter when his email was sent or what your work hours are - the excuses don't matter.

You could've simply responded with the last two sentences. Maybe this is why @JeepCares is losing credibility, reliability and trust.

Deleted member 31576

I sent an email to Sharon at @JeepCares on 10/12/21 - who hasn't even had the courtesy to respond - should I feel like they care?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have to agree.......I give them little-to-no credit. The only thing they have done is call my wife. Unfortunately their calls have been filled with empty promises, devoid of anything at all.

They haven't initiated anything, accomplished anything or resolved anything. Our Jeep is still in the shop - I have sent JeepCares email upon email that I have to request a response from - and still no response. They are ABSOLUTELY INEFFECTIVE ! Apologies and false-sympathy mean absolutely zero.

Our Jeep has been at the dealership for 35 days. 35 days is unacceptable. We had to request a loaner vehicle - they didn't suggest it or offer it. It was only provided because it was demanded. Seriously, we had to demand it, because there was push back when it was requested. We had to request the replacement of our window tint. It wasn't offered for inconvenience. I get it, we are in a different world. Nobody cares anymore. Service sucks. The niceties end at the end of the sale.

There has been nothing done on Jeep's own accord. I have paid one month of a car payment for a vehicle we can not drive.

We have zero expectations and trust for Jeep. One day this will come back on them and I won't feel sorry for them one bit.

There are plenty of failing auto companies - that due to a lack of service, they have no return business. My money was earned and therefore it is important to me in what I get for it.

Lesson learned.
You are entitled to be pissed but if you think you leaving the brand is going to ripple on their sales, that is a false sense because the same problems happen in other brands and they will come to Jeep to replace you.

Jeep is nowhere near a tipping point on overall quality or lack of to be impacted. They know it at some level and that is why their lack of giving a shit is displayed in such cases. Not right, but it is what it is.
Sponsored