Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
So, nmis this what I am lookjng for?

20200803_195616.jpg
No! It's the MDH as explained in the post so your build date is 12/10/2019 @ 5am
Please edit your original post with this info so we can try to reduce pages & pages of info to sift thru.
Thank you.
Sponsored

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
Well, add me to the list. Thanks to my dealership, Iā€™ve already contacted FCA and have a case number. Already did the spark plug/coil replacement and now back in the shop faced with ā€œit may be the cam or lifter arm and itā€™ll take 10 days to get those parts.ā€ Which, thanks to these threads, I know wonā€™t fix anything.

Look, Iā€™m in the airplane sales business, and in cases like this, itā€™s better for the OEM (FCA) to just pull the vehicle back for a replacement than throw money and time at a known flaw. I donā€™t buy the ā€œsoftware fix is comingā€ line, or this would be a much more expansive issue requiring a recall. Figure out the affected lot/lots and start offering to replace vehicles. Thatā€™s the Jeep thing to do, if indeed @JeepCares.
How did you contact FCA? Can you share their info?

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
How did you contact FCA? Can you share their info?
I just got my Gladiator back after 113 days. New engine. So far runs great. The defective engines are being replaced. Ask your dealership to check with FCA about the hundreds of defective engines with damaged cylinders. Save yourself the aggravation & frustration of repairing symptoms. The loss of compression is what affects the phasers and dominoes into all other VVT issues.

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator
I just got my Gladiator back after 113 days. New engine. So far runs great. The defective engines are being replaced. Ask your dealership to check with FCA about the hundreds of defective engines with damaged cylinders. Save yourself the aggravation & frustration of repairing symptoms. The loss of compression is what affects the phasers and dominoes into all other VVT issues.
Glad you got your squared away. Iā€™m going to call up there tomorrow and let them know since they still have it in the shop

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
na
My JTR is also having the CEL issue. 4th time to the shop. Build date is September 2019. Engine made in Mexico. Anyone have thoughts on my real issue? Jeep keeps telling me that it's a software issue. I asked about engine compression and I was told it was normal.

Sponsored

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
Dealer told me there are hundreds of Gladiators with the damaged cylinders. Canā€™t believe there are competing defects. All the symptoms are the same.

Glade8tor

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Overland
I have had 2 Gladiators, three engines and thousands of excuses from FCA. My dealership has been the saving grace in this debacle. When they openly admit that the engines are defective and they buy back my first Gladiator.... that is honesty.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
My JTR is also having the CEL issue. 4th time to the shop. Build date is September 2019. Engine made in Mexico. Anyone have thoughts on my real issue? Jeep keeps telling me that it's a software issue. I asked about engine compression and I was told it was normal.
Do you have the P0300 code or the auto stop /start light (A!)??
This thread is not just for people with check engine lights and im trying to keep this to on topic post only.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

NJbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜98 Durango 5.9 SLT; ā€˜06 Hemi Durango; ā€˜20 Gladiator Sport Max Tow - Smittybuilt 9600 XRC
How about you guys narrow it down and include the day as well?
It's on the sticker, lower right.
MDH is Month, Day, Hour. (hour 13 is 1pm, hour 15 is 3pm and so on) of final assembly.
However, the engine could be a week before that, I suspect.

With the DATE, you can tell if the issues started October 15th at 8am or October 30 at midnight instead of spanning 31 days.

(They should all be Mexico engines, should they not?)
9/14/2019 6 PM

lewishouse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, Max Tow
MDH 110714 505AA

And yes, according to my window sticker the engine was made in the US and the CEL came back on yesterday. Seems the dealer can never duplicate it, but I have no problem making it happen.

Hi, on page 43, lewishouse indicated his engine was made in US. As I recall, it may be the only posting of one made in the US instead of Mexico.

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
12-19 Manufactured in Mexico. looked back over my photos and canā€™t find a pic that tells me the hour. Since I traded my first Glad I canā€™t look at the original plate.
Sponsored