Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Here is mine in a 1.7 mile run with a warm engine

IMG_1451.PNG

Those numbers look more like before they worked on mine. I'm happy mine are so much lower but it seems odd that there should be any. Have they made any attempts to correct your misfires?
Sponsored

Sportyrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, TJ wrangler
Those numbers look more like before they worked on mine. I'm happy mine are so much lower but it seems odd that there should be any. Have they made any attempts to correct your misfires?
We are currently on try 3 and now Jeepcares is involved. While I haven’t heard from my dealer since dropping it off 8 days ago jeepcares has contacted me every couple of days at the most to let me know the corporate tech’s and my dealer tech’s are communicating to find a resolution. To my dealers credit they pulled a brand new 2020 GC off the lot when they saw they weren’t going to get a loaner in in a timely manner.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After 9,000 miles since my CEL and P0300 magically fixed itself (at 800 miles) the light is back on tonight. I have not had a light since last winter so I have to say cold Temps have some issue on the problem. Also seemed to happen more with remote start than starting it while in the vehicle. I cleared the code and will see what happens. I think it's time to schedule an an appointment to get the TSB flash and hope it fixes my issue.
I'm really not surprised it returned and I knew it was just a matter of time.

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
How many misfires are to many? This is from a 6.5 mile trip up to the store. The numbers were a little lower on the return trip. This is after the flash and replacing parts. I have not gotten a CEL or ESS light since the update but I have had times I would feel a stumble. Decided to log and see what I got.

1605892075355.png
Log throttle voltage with this. It will prove to be interesting.

Andrew_Bragg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Overland
Occupation
Manufacturing
Hello All. 2020 Gladiator Overland

Build Date- 9/19 (did not take delivery until May 2020)
Mileage when it first occurred- 5800ish (currently has 5985)
How many times- The CEL has been on twice now. ESS light comes and goes.
Codes- Diagnostics showed P0303 and P0300
Is the issue ongoing- yes
What has been done- Dealership flashed the pcm (18-053-20 Rev b).
Is the issue resolved- no

my local dealership flashed the PCM yesterday. Started the vehicle and the CEL was not on. They ensured that the misfire counter was not seeing anymore misfires. However, they did not drive the vehicle as the mileage was the same as when I dropped it off. They also said they couldn’t get the ESS to replicate. As soon as I get in the car from picking it up, the ESS light came on. Was told to bring it back this morning. I drove less than 5 miles home and parked it for the evening. Last night, out of curiosity, I start the truck and both the CEL and ESS lights were on. Back at the dealership this morning. Sounded like they were going to look at the Aux battery by the way the service advisor talked. Hoping it is not a long road as it is my daily driver.

@JeepCares

image.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Andrew_Bragg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
After 9,000 miles since my CEL and P0300 magically fixed itself (at 800 miles) the light is back on tonight. I have not had a light since last winter so I have to say cold Temps have some issue on the problem. Also seemed to happen more with remote start than starting it while in the vehicle. I cleared the code and will see what happens. I think it's time to schedule an an appointment to get the TSB flash and hope it fixes my issue.
I'm really not surprised it returned and I knew it was just a matter of time.
Is that something that is still covered under warranty for you?

Andrew_Bragg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Hello All. 2020 Gladiator Overland

Build Date- 9/19 (did not take delivery until May 2020)
Mileage when it first occurred- 5800ish (currently has 5985)
How many times- The CEL has been on twice now. ESS light comes and goes.
Codes- Diagnostics showed P0303 and P0300
Is the issue ongoing- yes
What has been done- Dealership flashed the pcm (18-053-20 Rev b).
Is the issue resolved- no

my local dealership flashed the PCM yesterday. Started the vehicle and the CEL was not on. They ensured that the misfire counter was not seeing anymore misfires. However, they did not drive the vehicle as the mileage was the same as when I dropped it off. They also said they couldn’t get the ESS to replicate. As soon as I get in the car from picking it up, the ESS light came on. Was told to bring it back this morning. I drove less than 5 miles home and parked it for the evening. Last night, out of curiosity, I start the truck and both the CEL and ESS lights were on. Back at the dealership this morning. Sounded like they were going to look at the Aux battery by the way the service advisor talked. Hoping it is not a long road as it is my daily driver.

@JeepCares

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues image
Update:
Dealer called today and said it was a fuel injector that was stuck open causing the issue. Said it would cause the CEL and ESS light. Part will be there in the AM. Truck is Staying overnight.

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is that something that is still covered under warranty for you?
Why would it not be covered? I only have 9800 miles on a 3/36K factory warranty.

Andrew_Bragg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Manufacturing
Why would it not be covered? I only have 9800 miles on a 3/36K factory warranty.
I didn’t know how many miles you had on it. I guess I overlooked the part where you said the mileage.

Jhoussock

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator rubicon
Hi all I had a rubicon previously listed as having the check engine misfire and auto start stop light. My dealership said there was an update to fix it and since (about 4 months) I haven’t seen it come on. It was constantly coming on previous to this update. Only thing I haven’t done is use the ac on full. Just curious if anyone sees a difference in this? Are you still getting the errors in the cold? Why I ask is I realized the problems started in the hot months and left in the cold months. Hopefully it’s just a coincidence and the update worked.

Sponsored

RKB3

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Build date: 01/20
Mileage when it first occurred:780
How many times has it occurred:2
What exact codes did it throw:A! Followed by CEL (p0300)
Is the issue on going? Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? First dealership attempt to fix was cam shaft relearn
Was the issue ever fully resolved? N

Hello All-
My 2020 JTR first experienced p0300 at 780 miles. First attempt by the dealer to fix was the cam shaft position relearn. As to be expected the CEL came back on about 100 miles later. My second trip to the dealership is scheduled for Monday morning. Can anyone give me advice on what to tell/ask the dealership at my next visit? I’d like to try to avoid the TSB followed by another CEL followed by a top end rebuild and so on. Should I request a STAR case opened this early on? Or get FCA/Jeep cares involved? Or should I wait for the third CEL? I’m in California, the lemon law here is 30days or 4 attempts to fix.
I’d really like to expedite the process to a new engine or replacement vehicle. I’d very much appreciate advice from anyone that is/has gone through this process.
Thank you!
*UPDATE*
Second attempt to fix the misfire issue:
Dealer received instructions from the STAR engineers to tare into the heads and retorque some bolts. The dealership tech noticed an intake cam shaft out of alignment. They realigned the cam shaft and did the cam position relearn. Cold started the next day while hooked up to the computer with no misfires.
25 miles so far with good results... idles much smoother and truck has a noticeable power increase.

Has anyone received this type of repair for P0300 and had the issue return?

Sportyrider1

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, TJ wrangler
*UPDATE*
Second attempt to fix the misfire issue:
Dealer received instructions from the STAR engineers to tare into the heads and retorque some bolts. The dealership tech noticed an intake cam shaft out of alignment. They realigned the cam shaft and did the cam position relearn. Cold started the next day while hooked up to the computer with no misfires.
25 miles so far with good results... idles much smoother and truck has a noticeable power increase.

Has anyone received this type of repair for P0300 and had the issue return?
My dealer is currently replacing the head for 1-3-5 hopefully this will be the fix

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone that believes the problem has been fixed or never had the problem run misfire logging? I'd like to know if these low numbers are now in the acceptable range. While the steering was being fixed I asked the dealer to check for misfires again because I still see them, although at a much lower count. I also get a rough idle from time to time. The dealer reported "not able to reproduce" and "no DTC found" but I know they did not drive it as the miles went from 799 to 801. It runs a lot better but I'm just a little worried these numbers might get worse if they are not in the normal range.

Jeep Gladiator Survey- For those with misfire issues 1608335128473

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Tvose are very much in the normal range. You will get a few every now and then as the truck ahiftout of a high gear to accelerate. Or if you are doing 30 to 40 percent throttle pulls from a light. High load low rpm. With high compression you will see these numbers especially with low octane fuel.

MauiBum

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tvose are very much in the normal range. You will get a few every now and then as the truck ahiftout of a high gear to accelerate. Or if you are doing 30 to 40 percent throttle pulls from a light. High load low rpm. With high compression you will see these numbers especially with low octane fuel.
For me the odd thing is I did the same 9 mile loop in three of my vehicles and the Jeep was the only one that any misfires. But, the other 2 were 4 cylinder turbos. On one cylinder I had 3 misfires in the driveway while it was idling before I even put it in gear and moved.
Sponsored