Sponsored

Survey- For those with misfire issues

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
Build date: Aug 2019
Picked up Gladiator in April 2020. Jeep has 10,900 miles on it. Passed around a vehicle on the Interstate and check engine light came on. Light went off after I got gas. Passed another vehicle and light came back on. Remote start is now stating disabled. Also when the CEL flashes the start/stop becomes disabled. Jeep seems to be running fine but I will take it in after Christmas. Hoping this isn’t the same problem found in this thread but it sounds like it may be.
Same issues i had
Sponsored

Caderade

First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Teacher
Just got the reply back from the dealer. CEL was a 0300 code as we all expected. They said it was only one cylinder. He said there is an R22 out out by Jeep saying any misfires need to have new software updated to computer so that’s what is happening. From what I’ve read on other forums and my Gladiator FB pages the software is the new “fix”. We will see. I’ll keep you updated

RustyRodder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Comanche; 2021 Gladiator
My recomendation is KEEP records. Use your phone to take a photo of dash evry time it happens showing MPG, milage & the check engine light, Keep the dealer record.
We keep all the dealer records, but I'll start keeping photos as well. Hopefully they can figure out the problem- We love the truck, but I didnt expect my renix jeep to be more reliable!

RustyRodder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 Comanche; 2021 Gladiator
Fiance's 2021 Gladiator just went back to the dealer for the second time in a week (First time it threw a bunch of O2/lean condition codes). Second time was the P0300. I'll include the first codes since it happened less than 20 miles apart.

Build date: 8/26/2020
Mileage when it first occurred: 1395
How many times has it occurred: 1
What exact codes did it throw: P0137, P0171, P0300 (Thrown at 1375: p0133, p0171, p0139, p2096)
Is the issue on going?
Y
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? Replace upstream O2 sensor on bank 1
Was the issue ever fully resolved?
N/A

The dealer claimed the intial code was potentially caused by driving through deep snow (the pre-xmas storm in the northeast). The second code their preliminary response has been that when one O2 goes, sometimes a second one does.
Update on this-

Dealer replaced the other 3 O2 sensors. Also found a leak from the valve cover into one of the sensors, said that the leak may have caused a short in wiring. No CEL or ESS lights, mpg is back up. They also said that the P300 was caused by the o2 sensor problems.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
Been following this thread since Nov 2019. It's been quiet for a couple months. Any updates? Has the issue been resolved?

Sponsored

Flea1987

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
I traded mine in. Spoke to a service guy at the local dealer. Said it was radiator fluid leaking into the cylinder causing misfire on cold starts. Not sure if this is everyone's issue or not.

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I traded mine in. Spoke to a service guy at the local dealer. Said it was radiator fluid leaking into the cylinder causing misfire on cold starts. Not sure if this is everyone's issue or not.
Wow, possible causes are all over the board. That's a new one. Is that your current Jeep, the gobi JT in your pic?

Sponsored

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I’ve been following this thread since April 2020. After three attempts to fix my JT I ended up telling the dealer I believed it was a lemon and he traded it with the exact same vehicle just different color. That was in July 2020. I have 7000 miles on the new JT and haven’t had any issues with it.

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I had TSB 18-053-20 REV. B (released September 30) applied on October 12. That solved all my issues until I had the steel steering component replaced and the associated TSB flash. A few weeks after that, I had the misfire precursor: The ESS service light (@!) pop back on. So I'm back to turning the ESS off all the time.

The warming weather and increasing humidity in NC is causing the spark knock to come back (an issue discussed in this Wranger forum thread). I was hoping TSB 18-053-20 REV. B would have fixed that, but I'm reading it's a tuning issue that FCA refuses to acknowledge or create a flash for, since it would require the engine to run richer and hurt their EPA ratings (#conspiracy).

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I had TSB 18-053-20 REV. B (released September 30) applied on October 12. That solved all my issues until I had the steel steering component replaced and the associated TSB flash. A few weeks after that, I had the misfire precursor: The ESS service light (@!) pop back on. So I'm back to turning the ESS off all the time.

The warming weather and increasing humidity in NC is causing the spark knock to come back (an issue discussed in this Wranger forum thread). I was hoping TSB 18-053-20 REV. B would have fixed that, but I'm reading it's a tuning issue that FCA refuses to acknowledge or create a flash for, since it would require the engine to run richer and hurt their EPA ratings (#conspiracy).
Couldn't they just reflash the computer using the misfire TSB software now that you got the new steering gear done?
Sounds like a conflict between the 2 flashes that needs to be updated.
Sponsored