First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Occupation
Accountant
Purchased my Gladiator in Sept 2020. Build date was July 31, 2020. I have had the misfire codes / ESS issue since Day 1 delivery. After many visits to the dealership and 2 tickets with Jeep Cares, the intake camshaft was replaced. It seems to have fixed the problem. We shall see. Thanks.
Sponsored

OP
OP
GlacierGladiator

GlacierGladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Subaru Legacy, 2012 Mercedes Sprinter
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The bulletin is 18-024-21. Vehicle has to be built prior to 7-10-20. You either flash the pcm or replace the R camshaft and flash the pcm depending on what other codes you have.
Anybody know where to find the print out of this actual TSB? I want to read what it says. Internet search didn't find it.

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Anybody know where to find the print out of this actual TSB? I want to read what it says. Internet search didn't find it.
Couldn't find it either onlineā€”seems the NHSTA and other pages are about a month or 2 behind in collecting and presenting them. I even had to walk my dealer through the TSB number to find it, b/c it wasn't even attached to my VIN yet.

But she did eventually find it. But she won't do anything until the misfire code comes back, even though I had an original PCM flash due to a P0300 ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Which I understand. I just... still want a new cam right meow. For free.

GladiGator

First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
You can add me to the list. Bought the gladiator December 2019. Now has 7k miles on it. Had the auto start/stop error followed by CEL. Took to the dealer has P300 code cylinder misfire. They will be changing camshaft first to see if it resolves the issue. First time this has happened so far and I feel this will not be the last!

Bama_Swampfox

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland (09-14-3pm) ; Kubota 2910 Tractor; 1964 BP-1
Occupation
Retired, thank God
Maybe I'm just lucky. I hate seeing these posts with major engine problems. Just turned 7,400 miles and haven't had a P0300 in well over 1,000 miles. It's running great - 21mpg+ on the highway at 70mph+ (even with a roof basket) and ~17mpg around town. Power has noticeably improved after 5,000 miles and the idle is smooth as silk even when cold. No occasional "lumpy" idle any more. Top Tier fuel always and miles seem to have helped in my case.

I still get an occasional ESS error but it resets on the next start. I am due for a steering "Gear" change so I'll have the dealer check things out then but, the less I see the dealer the better. And the dealer in this case is an old friend....

Sponsored

GladiGator

First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Got the ESS code and check engine light again less than one week from getting it back from the dealership. They changed camshaft and both batteries last week. This is ridiculous on a brand new truck. Come on JEEP how many more complaints do you need to hear until you make a Recall!!!

jwork435

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Got the ESS code and check engine light again less than one week from getting it back from the dealership. They changed camshaft and both batteries last week. This is ridiculous on a brand new truck. Come on JEEP how many more complaints do you need to hear until you make a Recall!!!
Looks like they are taking care of these on a case by case basis. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤® Not fair-not fun-but it appears to be the reality. Good luck my friend. On the the upside it does look like they have a solution thatā€™s working for some folks. Iā€™ve had my silver-gray JT for about 10 months and I miss my firecracker red. I almost wish I had hung onto it until they worked out the kinks. I do have 8100 trouble free miles on the silver-gray JT though and it has all the options I wanted to pay for soooo-win some/lose some I guess. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

GladiGator

First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Looks like they are taking care of these on a case by case basis. šŸ¤¢šŸ¤® Not fair-not fun-but it appears to be the reality. Good luck my friend. On the the upside it does look like they have a solution thatā€™s working for some folks. Iā€™ve had my silver-gray JT for about 10 months and I miss my firecracker red. I almost wish I had hung onto it until they worked out the kinks. I do have 8100 trouble free miles on the silver-gray JT though and it has all the options I wanted to pay for soooo-win some/lose some I guess. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
What did they find as a solution?

GladiGator

First Name
Kiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Its back at the dealership again today after having picked it up for the second time to have an O2 sensor replaced. This 3rd time same symptoms ESS erroer followed by engine light flashing loosing powerand major vibration. Notified Jeep Cares afain, no call bqck yet!

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Build date: 12-20
Mileage when it first occurred: ~200 when first code showed but symptomatic before that
How many times has it occurred: code was persistent
What exact codes did it throw: P0300
Is the issue on going? N
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue?
Was the issue ever fully resolved?
Y
Local dealer found VVT solenoid was stuck on one bank. Catalytic converter also failed after the initial issue was resolved due to unburned fuel fouling. No further problems since, currently at ~1600 miles. :fingerscrossed:

Sponsored

DankjeeP

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR, '98 XJ, '17 FLHXS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
HW Engineer
Its back at the dealership again today after having picked it up for the second time to have an O2 sensor replaced. This 3rd time same symptoms ESS erroer followed by engine light flashing loosing powerand major vibration. Notified Jeep Cares afain, no call bqck yet!
Flashing CEL is not good. Don't drive it. Loosing power was the main symptom I was having. No vibration that I recall though. Good luck with round 3. Hopefully they fix it this time.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

We can connect you with a case manager for support while your Jeep Gladiator is in service. Please send us a private message with your VIN to get started.

Darlene
Jeep Cares

Fdisker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
Nurse
Vehicle Showcase
So thought we fixed the issue of the Random General Misfires and over winter no misfires and no CEL now since spring is here they started up again. I took to Dealer and told them period I'm not playing games with this crap again this summer, told them to find a solution to the issue or I'm filing a Lemon Law and gonna request a new truck. so they ran some scans and came back and took it to the engineers and came back with Jeep is working on a recall and they approved to replace the Cam so that' s being done today also my radio was slow to turn on or connect the checked that out and are replacing the radio also so we will see if that fixes the issue.
@JeepCares

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So thought we fixed the issue of the Random General Misfires and over winter no misfires and no CEL now since spring is here they started up again. I took to Dealer and told them period I'm not playing games with this crap again this summer, told them to find a solution to the issue or I'm filing a Lemon Law and gonna request a new truck. so they ran some scans and came back and took it to the engineers and came back with Jeep is working on a recall and they approved to replace the Cam so that' s being done today also my radio was slow to turn on or connect the checked that out and are replacing the radio also so we will see if that fixes the issue.
@JeepCares
Hey, Fdisker. We're sorry to hear of these ongoing concerns and if you need extra assistance, we are here to help. Send our team a private message with more details to get started.

Kate
Jeep Cares

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT20
Occupation
biologist
report date: 07jun2021
Build date: 10Oct19
Mileage when it first occurred: ~10,800
How many times has it occurred: twice, once in mid-May, most recent 31may21
What exact codes did it throw: PO 300 at dealer service bay
Is the issue on going? CEL 'self-healed' 03jun21, prior to going in for today's service appointment
If so, what has been done to try to solve the issue? new camshaft to be installed, per FAC warranty. Never did note any mis-firings, smells or loss-of-power. Just the CEL light.
Was the issue ever fully resolved? not yet . . .

-Bought this (otherwise Great!) truck, (pre-owned w/9M miles) in late March21.
-Had periodic (ultimately self-healing) AutoStop warnings 2-3 times.
-CEL came on 31may. went to dealer 01jun21.
-At the Dealer visit 01Jun the then-existing CEL threw a PO300 code;
-appointment made for follow-up 07jun21.
-CEL went off after gas fill on 03Jun.
-Took the truck to dealer appointment this morning, waited in customer lounge.
(thought this morning's check -was advised- might result in a simple software update, but noooooo.)
-After only 20minutes and without a CEL showing, the service rep informed me the dealership was corporate-authorized to 'replace the camshaft' (!).
-I do not know of any testing done today, but in twenty minutes how much could they do???
- was promised return on 'Thurs/Fri'. Parts on order from Atlanta. We'll see.
-had to cancel this week's fishing trip, dammit.

Question for the Board: My wife & I have a 2400-mile family road trip planned for the third week+ of June. My confidence in a reliable ride from my new-to-me truck has been dented, if not crushed. We have road service memberships. Should a newly-installed-by-an-authorized-dealer camshaft necessarily cause concerns with these long road trip travel plans???
Sponsored

Last edited: