Sponsored

Switch Pro 9100 Mounted to Universal Powertray Diesel Install.

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '65 MBZ 220s, '66 Riviera GS, '72 F-250
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I don't think I have seen anyone else on here try this before, so I wanted to make sure to share it with y'all.

I know some Diesel members have been interested in a Powetrays style solution for the SwitchPro that would fit in our engine bays. I decided to try and make their universal mount fit over the fuse box, and it was a resounding success.

Powertrays was instrumental in me figuring this out, is considering modifying my install slightly to create a kit for JL/JT diesel owners since their gas motor tray doesn't fit ours.

Jeep Gladiator Switch Pro 9100 Mounted to Universal Powertray Diesel Install. Switchpro Photo 01
Jeep Gladiator Switch Pro 9100 Mounted to Universal Powertray Diesel Install. Switchpro photo 02
Sponsored

OP
OP
Burghardphotography

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Cool, so should we wait for a diesel version or use this?
Could you give more details on how this is attached?
I’d reach out to powertrays, no idea how long it’ll be before they do something. The universal kit works well enough.

It’s attached using 1.5 inch risers bolted to the top of the fuse box lid, sealed with rubber washers. The normal kit comes with .75 inch risers, that’s all you need. I doubled my risers to clear my SDI EClick controller.

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Very neat, I’d appreciate if you have the time to send me a link for those risers and I can Figure out the rest. I will also have my Sdi eclik system here so if your solution works that’s great!

OP
OP
Burghardphotography

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
Very neat, I’d appreciate if you have the time to send me a link for those risers and I can Figure out the rest. I will also have my Sdi eclik system here so if your solution works that’s great!
i got the risers from powertrays with the universal kit, I just asked for 8 instead of 4.

with the SDI underneath, there’s a couple other things you’ll have to do, and you will have some clearance issues most likely, but it does work.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Burghardphotography

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
here’s a side view when I was marking my drilling locations on the lid. I did end up trimming the bolts down and using a thinner nut, the clearances are pretty tight over some of the relays inside.
Jeep Gladiator Switch Pro 9100 Mounted to Universal Powertray Diesel Install. 4C1B93CC-FE61-4CF8-82CB-520C189FDF0B

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
What is the fuse block being used for? Is that for even more accessories and switches or are you double protecting things? Seems like there could be less clutter without it

OP
OP
Burghardphotography

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
What is the fuse block being used for? Is that for even more accessories and switches or are you double protecting things? Seems like there could be less clutter without it
i honestly don’t know yet what I’m going to do with it, it came with the mounting kit. Maybe pull power off there for things I may want to keep switched somewhere else, or constant hot… radios, compressor, fridge… I’ve been asking around other guys with powertrays seeing what they use that one for.

Vtur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTOD
I can imagine dealers might put the blames on that for any electrical related warranty works.

OP
OP
Burghardphotography

Burghardphotography

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Finding the will to live
I can imagine dealers might put the blames on that for any electrical related warranty works.
i mean its no more connected to the vehicle than a winch or a compressor is, just a power and a ground. With a spare fuse lid, i could have it out and back to stock in about 10 minutes.

Even so, I am not in a position to have to worry what a dealer thinks.
Sponsored