First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
im at 22k with no issues as of yet. I have used Hot shot additive since I received it. I drive a lot of Highway miles and the 28 to 29 mpg average has been amazing. I think if you live somewhere with a lot of short driving the diesel is not the best choice
Sponsored

CerOf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JTRD
Add another zero and that might mean something.
Time will tell, for sure!
For now, it’s all smiles.

PS no matter what direction anyone goes, it’s all smiles! It’s a freakin’ Jeep truck! That can actually do JEEP things! How cool is that!?!?!

Last edited:

Pescatoral Pursuit

Banned
Banned
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘06 F-150, ‘15 CTS, ‘21 JT Urban Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Plumba
Time will tell, for sure!
For now, it’s all smiles.

PS no matter what direction anyone goes, it’s all smiles! It’s a freakin’ Jeep truck! That can actually do JEEP things! How cool is that!?!?!
I have a work truck.
I have a play truck.
I have a night on the town truck.
I have an offroad truck.
I have a convertible.

Pretty cool!!

OP
OP
AwesomeDad

AwesomeDad

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon Diesel, VW Passat gas
Occupation
Yes
Add another zero and that might mean something.
I have 225K on my current Diesel, put a 100K on my jeep liberty and my dually was humming like a top when I traded it. Its not an issue with diesel I am wary of. its the associated systems that doesn't seem to plague other diesels for the long haul. Will there bee a 100K plus ecodiesel I am sure there will be. Will it be a 100K problem free miles who knows. But I have followed this since it started in the Ram. The major concerns are the fuel pump, and all the CEL issues....

JJ

hazzardsky

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon, 17 JK Recon
My truck has been off the road for 7 weeks and counting thanks to a blown turbo. The turbo showed up overnight, but seals and hoses were initially given an estimated date of mid-may. All the parts finally came in and now the dealer is suddenly complaining about having to lift the cab to do the work and finding excuses to delay.

Sponsored

cotnballs2000

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer, past- USAF vehicle mechanic
Its fine, your fine. Mine spent 7 weeks in the shop waiting for parts to fix a oil leak. Its all good now and I'm still in love with it.

aevgladitorrubi

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Med Sales
Vehicle Showcase
ok, I am posting here because its about the EcoDiesel. I know that the internet if full of mostly the negatives about a product. There are several happy owners out there. I am not so much concerned about the issues I am reading about so much as the down time related to the supply Chain. The JT will be my DD and I cant afford to lose it to the shop for an extended period waiting on parts. And from what I am reading there's no guarantee of a loaner depending on the issue. We are downsizing so where I normally would have another vehicle to use in the event one is in the shop that will no longer be the case. I just hope I am not setting myself up for failure with this order as much as I am excited about being back in a jeep.... Thoughts...

JJ
Don't do it-- just took 10 mos to diagnose and fix mine, I'm doing a buy-back! Codes started at week 2-11 months. Ultimately, it was a faulty/leeking EGR cooler. Cab had to be completely removed off frame to replace. There are some really bad designs when this has to happen...
Sponsored