WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
I just upgraded over the weekend as well and am having the same issue.

I contacted Tazer over the weekend and heard back from them on Monday. This is not normal expected performance. Their exact words were "It shouldn't do that". They advised me to unmarry the Tazer, doa full reboot, followed by 2 sleep cycles, then use the manual option and install version 11.2.5

Going to try that this weekend.
So with the passive brake hold, ZAuto is saying the ABS and Parking Brake lights should not be flashing when this feature is activated by depressing the brake pedal?

Iā€™m on FW 11.2.7 and havenā€™t had any issues with this feature and figured the lights did that to indicate the feature was activated.

The issue Iā€™m having is not being able to differentiate between brake hold and anchor modes. Anchor if I recall correctly is the same sequence but while also pulling the high beam stalk. Both modes light up the same way for me and disengage with a touch ofthe accelerator.
Sponsored

vaticanvoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
I just installed the taser on the Jeep, and day two this is happening to me. I will have to downgrade the firmware because it is unsettling to have those lights flash and the brake to go limp. I thought I going to roll into someone.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 YJ, '07 Ram, '16 JK, '21 Sport S Max Tow
I just installed the taser on the Jeep, and day two this is happening to me. I will have to downgrade the firmware because it is unsettling to have those lights flash and the brake to go limp. I thought I going to roll into someone.
No, actually just make sure you UPGRADE to the latest firmware, and then turn off the passive braking. The only real problem is that it's turned ON by default. Stuff like that really needs to default to the factory settings.

vaticanvoodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator High Altitude
No, actually just make sure you UPGRADE to the latest firmware, and then turn off the passive braking. The only real problem is that it's turned ON by default. Stuff like that really needs to default to the factory settings.
How do I turn it off?

Sponsored

darkhorse13

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Data Analyst
Thank you all for this thread! I just downloaded 11.2.8 yesterday and was surprised to see the ABS and BRAKE lights flash at me because that's never happened before. Just went in this morning to turn off the live function BRAKEHOLD and I hope this takes care of the "issue".

Last edited:

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Are Brake Hold and Anchor modes the same, except the latter you also have to pull the hi-beam stalk and it will work in conjunction with Winch and Cooldown modes?

Rob0ffRoad

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Thanks for this post! I have been having the same issue maybe once or twice a week but today it was 4 times. I had no idea what was going on and it seemed like the only way to make it go away was to cut the engine off then back on. Heading out to disable Brake Hold. I have a manual and can't tell that it actually does anything anyway. If I read the instructions correctly, it would be required to be in "drive" to activate . Wonder how that translates to a manual transmission. Will see if it stops engaging itself.

PJM86

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
So, by disabling ā€œbrake holdā€ in live settings has solved the problem? For those that have done this?

Rob0ffRoad

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
So, by disabling ā€œbrake holdā€ in live settings has solved the problem? For those that have done this?
For me, yes. I disabled Tuesday and drove quite a bit yesterday with no issues.

Sponsored

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed my Tazer almost as soon as I got home from the dealer.
Running latest 11.2.8 firmware, and disabled brake hold as soon as I installed it. 5,100 miles later, have never seen the issue talked about here.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed there is a new firmware update. Looks like they took my suggestion of defaulting additional features like the brake hold to OFF.

Update 11.2.9 | 08.13.21
Same as 11.2.8 except:
* Improvements to simplify reprogramming of 4XE
* Initialized all live features to default OFF after upgrade
* Brake hold disabled in 4Lo

DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE
User Manual

Code 3

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTM
Just noticed there is a new firmware update. Looks like they took my suggestion of defaulting additional features like the brake hold to OFF.

Update 11.2.9 | 08.13.21
Same as 11.2.8 except:

DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE
User Manual

Came to post about the new release. Considering the Tazer is meant to modify factory programming, it's really nice to see updates & improvements released multiple times per year.

I had a question when I first received mine last year - sent a text and got a reply at 11:30pm.

Probably like many reading this, I tend to stay a version or two behind and appreciate the immediate adopters sharing feedback (aka "bitching" šŸ˜) about new release versions.

IamPro2A

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably like many reading this, I tend to stay a version or two behind and appreciate the immediate adopters sharing feedback (aka "bitching" šŸ˜) about new release versions.
Since there do not appear to be any actual bug fixes or new options, I'll probably sit this update out for awhile too. Especially if the update means I may have to go through and set some things up again. That's one thing I wish the Tazer did have, an option to save the current config to a file. Even if that file needs to be saved on a PC as part of the ZPU program. Just a simple option to backup and restore configuration.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security

Update 11.2.9 | 08.13.21
Same as 11.2.8 except:

DOWNLOAD FIRMWARE
User Manual
Nice going to update this one today. Brake hold just makes no sense to me, but that unluck to keep bed lights on has been really nice
Sponsored