Sponsored

alpineovernappa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTSS 3.0 & 2006 LJ 6mt
Those bastards are just going to rub the J6 in our faces again! Fingers crossed they release a dealer installed scrambler conversion kit like they did with the JK8.
Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
Do you remember how long we had to wait just to get the gladiator?

Remember how long it took to get a diesel wrangler?

Do you?

I feel like you do. It's cool. I can give you a hug if it helps because I know how much it hurts everytime they do this. Every'couple of years they come slinking back around and tell us this time it will be different, they've changed, that weekend in coachella really helped them recontextualize how they see their place in the world. But not once do they ever take ownership of what they have or haven't done, the pain and wreckage they always seem to leave in their wake and the lies, falsehoods, half truths and only funny to them noise that always seems to fall from their lips like rain from the clouds.

But they are so much fun to hang out with after a few beers.

The struggle is real.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 18 JLU Rubi, 2008 JKU Rubi, 07 Vette
When do we get to see this thing unveiled?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
If it is a 2 door Gladiator ( size of the Brute or scrambler) with a 392, I'm in!!
I saw , and rode in, a 392 at the philly auto show. Not at all impressed with the suspension. Soft, bouncy, and I watched it sag…significantly…with an average body weight front and rear passenger.

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
The Teaser Trail to Easter Jeep® Safari 2022 - Trail Marker 3

March 17, 2022 , Auburn Hills, Mich. - Ever wonder what blending two mighty off-roaders like the Jeep® Wrangler and Jeep Gladiator might look like? What if a truck dared to be more like an SUV to increase its departure angle? The latest Jeep concept heading to this year's Easter Jeep Safari reinvents what the ultimate terrain tackler dares to be, delivering an abundance of four-wheeling confidence and a pinch of open-air freedom.

Also see the previous teasers for this year's EJS concepts:

Jeep Performance Parts Concepts Heading to the 56th Annual Easter Jeep Safari
Wrangler Rubicon 392 Concept Teased Ahead of Easter Jeep Safari Debut

FODadUvXEAUVcdC.jpeg
Wife caught me looking at this and instantly said NO

jjs3845

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Overland
The Gladiator has a separate cab and bed. Most people who want a 2 door Gladiator still want a separate Gladiator sized bed and they do not want a backseat, no matter how small. Just look at all of comments on reddit posts of 2 door Gladiator renders ('tHe gLaDiAtOr wE AlL WaNtEd', 'bRo i wOuLd bUy tHiS If tHeY MaDe iT').

This is more of a 'Wrangler w/ a Bed' concept, than a 'Shortened Gladiator' concept.

It will be better for enthusiasts who want better breakover angles, 4 seats and an exposed cargo area, without having to put monster tires on the Gladiator. It will be shorter, so it should be more maneuverable in tight spaces.

The bed on this will be shorter than on the Gladiator. This will not matter to a lot of people because they do not need bed space (they do not need the daily utility, they do not need for overlanding). The spare tire is most likely going to have to be on a swingout carrier or the tailgate itself will swing like a Wrangler. There will not be enough space under the bed to accommodate a spare.

What is interesting about this is that the B pillar was removed to shorten the overall length of the cab, presumably so that they could keep the wheelbase the same as (or as close as possible to) the Wrangler Unlimited, while still having a bed that is sealed off from the cab. The back seats themselves must also be smaller, and the front seats modified to accommodate seat belts.
Wow

Thanks for the great explanation!!

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
You mean in 2035 when they use it in some holographic haptic advertising playing on the theme of retrofuturism, a jeep that might have been, to show off cool upcoming EJS 2036 concepts?

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
Front half Gladiator. Back half Wrangler. No, wait .... Back half Gladiator, front half Wrangler, No, wait ...

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
Stellantis announced their Hurricane 6 yesterday, including an HO version with over 500hp. I think the I6 was the real reason the front axle moved forward 2" in the JL vs the JK.

HeisenbergFX4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th anniversary edition Gladiator, 2021 QX80
Wife caught me looking at this and instantly said NO
Wife said no to our Gladiator for about 2 years because she hated the look but now she tells everyone its hers and I get stuck with her SUV often
Sponsored