Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave, Grand Cherokee SRT
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
It's the same concept as the geo correction brackets for the front control arms, correct? I understand what you are explaining in your post but I'm wondering if the lowers matter? These brackets don't move the lower rear control arms because the up travel is already limited by bump stop? So moving the rear LCAs isn't as important as changing the geometry for the uppers?

That's a lot of question marks @TeraFlex
The front geometry correction brackets move both the upper and lower control arms to make them more parallel to the ground. This gives a better ride by transferring more upward force into the springs versus the control arm frame bracket when going over bumps. The front brackets also allow the caster angle to be dialed in by adding adjustability to the upper control arm mounting location.

The rear geometry correction brackets move only the upper control arms to rotate the diff for lower pinion angle. This gives less driveshaft binding and vibration and better driveshaft life, especially at full droop.
Sponsored

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
The front geometry correction brackets move both the upper and lower control arms to make them more parallel to the ground. This gives a better ride by transferring more upward force into the springs versus the control arm frame bracket when going over bumps. They also allow the caster angle to be dialed in by making the upper control arm frame bracket adjustable.

The rear geometry correction brackets move only the upper control arms to rotate the diff for better pinion angle for less vibration and better drive shaft life.
Yes, the rear brackets do slightly point the pinion upward, but these brackets do SO much more than just that.

While I haven't run the numbers in a chassis geometry calculator to determine what happens to squat numbers, but the pinion angle change throughout the range of vertical axle travel is drastically reduced and that alone reduces control arm binding in a huge way! I used to fight to get rear springs in/out of my truck due to the binding and since brackets were installed, they come in/out pretty easy.

The axle link mounts are spread vertically getting us closer to that 25% of tire diameter number I see thrown around.

Last edited:

Huhnowwhat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Mojave JT
Occupation
Project Cat Herder
Metalcloak also makes these brackets, if one wants another option.

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
Any one living near South Jersey interested in a pair of Teraflex Rear Geo brackets I have a set for free . I used them about 20 minutes and removed them . I'm not interested in shipping. If they are here another month they will go to the scrap guy

Sponsored

piroman683

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gladiator
I'd recommed, specfically for the rear, the rock krawler pro-x upgrade as that allows for full range of motion, more axle droop, and keeps things more square when hitting jumps. The reason is because of triangulating the uppers over the rear pumpkin. This allows for the removal of the track bar which is the main factor leading to suspension bind.

Also, most people are not using the full amount of uptravel. Shocks with a collapsed length under 18.5in will never compress all the way because you are limited to the compressed height of the sping. Track bar relocation brackets make this worse because at full bump the track bar bracket is taller which smashes into the exhaust. Now even with the pro-x you still bump into the exhaust, but only a little bit.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
brackets like those have successfully torn the brackets off 3 sets of HD axles that im aware of.

Gizmo

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Hydro Blue Sport S MT. 99 TJ
Occupation
Retired Operating Engineer Local 825
Why did you remove them?
Their was a section of road near my house that if you did not pay attention the truck had a tendency to change lanes by its self. I added the Rancho front geo brackets and that removed that all together . Later I added the Teraflex rear brackets and that same characteristic was felt numerous times so I removed it and I was back to not being effected by road surfaces.

Hootbro

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Interesting, I installed the Teraflex rear brackets when I did my AEV 2.5" lift install and have had no complaints. Rear stays firmly planted even on the crappy South Philly roads on my work commute.I guess some suspension setups are just different enough that it affects some people.

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Extended Travel Rear Kit 20240421_182616

Sponsored

RodRecket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEV JT370
Interesting, I installed the Teraflex rear brackets when I did my AEV 2.5" lift install and have had no complaints. Rear stays firmly planted even on the crappy South Philly roads on my work commute.I guess some suspension setups are just different enough that it affects some people.

Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Extended Travel Rear Kit 20240421_182616
I have the same set up and same sentiment

fourfa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTRD + ACCC
Build Thread
Link
I installed this kit (Teraflex ext. travel) with my frankenlift. Clayton 3.5s, metalcloak arms and track bars, Teraflex rear trackbar relocation kit, Falcon 3.3s (for 3.5-4.5). Not a single problem to report in the 18k miles I've run it. On my truck I needed 2.5" rear bumpstop to keep the swaybar arms out of the sheetmetal, which is a perfect match for 37s. Mine (37 Yoko X-ATs) only very slightly rub the stock plastic inner liners when fully crossed up hard on F&R bumpstops, and it droops like crazy. I've only measured 15" of travel though, not 16" - likely because my heavy Clayton HD springs don't stretch as far as Teraflex's lighter springs.

I can't really comment on how necessary the rear arm brackets are; I never got too crazy with the truck when stock. But no complaints here.

Zachanadandy

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical foreman
I'd like to see a comparison of both available travel and pinion angle change between this kit and the rock krawler pro-x kit. With the pro-x kit you get raised upper mounts like this kit, but you also get triangulated uppers eliminating the need for the track bar and an axle truss at roughly half the price. You'd still need to address the brake lines and sway bar end links with the rock krawler kit but you'd still save $400 with their kit. I like the triangulate rear as it should eliminate the side to side motion caused by the track bar and the cross talk between the front and rear bars pushing the axles opposite directions when you hit bumps at speed. My mojave sees freeway speeds in the desert regularly so I'd like to smooth out the whoops as best I can. Clearly it could use some more rear travel.
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Extended Travel Rear Kit 20240505_104418
Jeep Gladiator Teraflex Extended Travel Rear Kit 20240505_104400