First Name
Mj Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired USAF
Hate it when I open the door on a rainy day snd I get a waterfall in the truck. No channel for water!
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hate it when I open the door on a rainy day snd I get a waterfall in the truck. No channel for water!
But there IS a channel for water - it's just aimed the wrong way.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
Corvettes do. They've actually killed people when the battery died and they didn't know about the manual release.
I saw that story when it happened. Couldn't understand why someone would die in a car before smashing a window.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
1. Jeep customer support it is as bad if not worse than AT&T - which is bad. #JeepCustomerService
2. I am not a fan of how my Gladiator looks with the lids off and doors on. Out and out ugly. Gotta have the half doors or something similar, or go with no doors. I'm good with no doors but others riding in my rig get a little antsy with no doors - even with the seatbelt.
3. The latch that catches the back doors. It is an elbow/triceps eater.
4. Windshield - this is my forth Jeep. CJ x 2, JK, JT. Other than my teenage years in the CJ acting crazy, I have never had as many chips in my windshield as I do after 5 months with my Gladiator. they had to have done something to the compound they use for making the windshields, the frame or the installation - I do not know, but the number of cracks and the number of people I have seen with this issue, it is not random.
Even then - The Gladiator climbs like a monkey and rides like a Lincoln. This is a relationship, not ownership, I love my Gladiator.
I worked for ATT FOR 5 years. Worst 5 years of my life. Unions, bad customer service and even worst employee treatment hahahaha
And I agree with the door statement. I don’t sit in the back so my elbows are safe.
my YJ and TJ never had a chip issue and my tone was 70% dirt roads and I’m flagstaff the use cinders in the roads when it snows. Those are windshield nightmare.
🤘🏻🤘🏻

Sponsored

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
Current view!

image.jpg

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Two Door Rubicon, 2017 Audi Q5, 2016 Ram, 2016 Yamaha XSR900
I saw that story when it happened. Couldn't understand why someone would die in a car before smashing a window.
One story was an 80 year old man and his dog. The other was an older woman as well. Probably didn’t have the strength to break the window.

foo.c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Corvette
One story was an 80 year old man and his dog. The other was an older woman as well. Probably didn’t have the strength to break the window.
All you have to do is pull a lever by your feet. Even if you forgot that you can push out the targa roof from the inside. I think people just panic.

Auto glass is actually pretty hard to break without something pointy. I carry a glass breaker on my keychain.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
All you have to do is pull a lever by your feet. Even if you forgot that you can push out the targa roof from the inside. I think people just panic.

Auto glass is actually pretty hard to break without something pointy. I carry a glass breaker on my keychain.
My parents used to carry a glass breaking tool - it also cut seat belts. Arthritis, old age, etc. - sometimes in accidents things like seat belts jam and you can't get to the button, maybe broken arm, can't reach it, lots of possibilities. They eventually bought each of us that tool to carry in the vehicle - breaks glass and cuts seat belts.

jplive

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave-99 Jeep TJ-12 Buick Enclave
It's a small mid-sized truck - it's not a Ram, it's not full-sized.
That's what baffles me - people come from a full-sized truck and then wonder why it's not a V8 and not bigger here or there, etc.
I've never had a problem with the USB locations - try a Grand Cherokee with a wide door way down low that you have to flip up and then reach back in deep to make the connection.
There's always something better, always something worse.

Seems to me there are people using the center console USB for Apple devices.........
My center consol usb does appleplay

Mine does also. The one in the armrest does appleplay just fine.

OP
OP
AstroZombie

AstroZombie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Tech Support
Mine does also. The one in the armrest does appleplay just fine.
All mine do too. It was my cord causing the issues i was having.

atattn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sentra,2021 Corolla,2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT/Systems
Funny...I was so happy when I found out that the wipers work the way they did. It's the same way as in the Nissan Titan I traded in. My wife's Grand Caravan has the wipers on the left and it drives me nuts!
I traded a 2020 Titan Pro4X for the JTR. I miss the interior space and surround view cams. Love the Jeep naked ability though.
Sponsored