Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Cerof, "Bad Info" what?
Rubicon does not come standard with anything on his list including a metal front bumper, sure it has stuff to offroad he says he doesn't need, you can still load an Overland up with a lot to make it top of the line, sure you got LED lights for about a $1000, but so can an Overland . Bad info ....., spec a Ruby with 3.73 gears, 2.71 transfer case, 18" wheels or limited slip rear, it's why they have different levels, different strokes, different folks, I don't need a Ruby but do need the Mojave I got....Jack
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
This is my take and a way to see how others feel about this situation. I recently bought a Jeep Gladiator Overland and the reason I got the Overland was because I need the truck to go to work and sports for my kids. I don’t need to go off road yet. When I when to the dealership they told me the the Overland was top of the line, same as the Rubicon. I thought that Top of the line was almost everything included. My Jeep came with 8.4 “ radio with good speakers, also LEDs inside the Jeep only, Leather seats and black hard top. Now what it does not have that I this a “top of the line” vehicle should have. LED lights outside, Rubicon wheels and suspension, outlet for the bed, metal bumper and all sensors for safety. I think I was taken to the cleaners because if I had gotten a sport with all the upgrades, it wouldn’t come to the amount of money I paid for this truck. Am I over reacting or do I have a point?
Most of these "wants" can be added afterwards with OEM or aftermarket parts. Wider axles might be tricky.

Well the only thing the Rubicon cones with on that list is the wheels tires and suspension. The Rubicon does not have front metal bumper, LED outside lights, all safety sensors, bed outlet, 8.4 radio, but Rubicon comes with things you don’t want front and rear lockers, sway bar disconnect, 4.10 gears, wider axles.
Rubicon gets the front metal bumper when optioning for the LED light package. Wider axles are great for adding bigger tires without lifting too much.

Matstock4

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2017 Toyota Sienna, 1989 Turbo Trans Am
....and the reason I got the Overland was because I need the truck to go to work and sports for my kids. I don’t need to go off road yet...
The Overland was the best vehicle based on what you told them. You didn't option it up enough was the problem. I wouldn't sweat it man. Enjoy your Overland like a ton of people do here. If you want to go for more hardcore off road start upgrading it up or sell it for a Rubi.

jay21mojave

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave Gladiator 2013 JKU Sport '09 Patriot
Occupation
Sales Acct Mgr - OEM Wholesale DLR Group
I wish I did. Trust me, I like the truck but it could have been a different experience if I took my time. Now I’m stuck. Maybe I just sell it and take my time next time.
Your JT looks good, as always there is remorse when one finds out the deal could be better - or - the rebates started 2 days after the purchase. You're not stuck, you have an Overland and it's a good ride. Here is a thought, with the price of used way up, you might contact Carvana or Vroom and see what they would pay for your Gladiator; and if it's strong enough ??

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Cerof, "Bad Info" what?
Rubicon does not come standard with anything on his list including a metal front bumper, sure it has stuff to offroad he says he doesn't need, you can still load an Overland up with a lot to make it top of the line, sure you can got LED lights for about a $1000, but so can an Overland . Bad info ....., spec a Ruby with 3.73 gears, 2.71 transfer case, 18" wheels or limited slip rear, it's why they have different levels different strokes different folks, I don't need a Ruby but do need the Mojave I got....Jack
Rubicon's come standard with 4.10 gears.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Delivery Driver

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Correct on the 4.10, try ordering a Rubicon with 3.73, avalible on Overland along with a few other things that you can't get on a Rubicon. I would rather have had a Limited slip rear for my Mojave that works istantly in any transfer case postion, not requiring me to lean over and hit a button, or if in high range a few buttons while going into a ditch in ranly or light snow....Jack

Yes for the record Rubicons come with a plastic front bumper and metal rear bumper standard, Mojave can't get metal front or rear bumpers.

Jocww

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
thewongwindingroad.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
73 Fj40 lq9 on 38s 2021 JTRD Gecko Green on 37s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Flight Instructor
I didnt see a package for interior LEDS which one was that?

Gren71

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT sports S Max Tow (Sold) '23 Ram 1500
Occupation
Magician
Vehicle Showcase
Op

there isn’t a jeep owner on the planet that doesn’t wish they got something else on it. That’s why the member marketplace is a constant flow of buying and selling of takeoff pieces or upgrades other people bought and didn’t want, and so on.

your Overland seems like a very nice jeep for your needs of to and from work and doing things with your kids. There isn’t much you’re overland won’t be able to do in that respect… If you wanted to tow a heavier trailer or go off roading then certainly upgrades may be the ticket.

but also, it’s a jeep, that’s kind of the fun part of having one! it’s like a giant model that you get to mix and match pieces until you’re happy with what you have. You can buy the parts for anything you want your overland to do and either put them on yourself or have someone put them on, usually for a very moderate price.

in our world you will always find more people that are concerned with what they don’t have as apposed to what they do have. And it only takes a moment to stop and really consider what we do have to understand how wonderful it is. And I think if you just stopped and really take the second to look at your jeep and think about what you do have in it, you’ll be more than pleased.

Sponsored

Free2roam

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
Fabricator by trade/ Maintenance Mechanic
I ordered my Sport S Ecodiesel with 7 inch screen, trail rail, separate A/C controls(or whatever you want to call it) The only thing I wish I was able to ad was the front and rear lockers. Everything else is being upgraded. Front bumper, lift(eventually) Warn winch. Rear bumper. Already have the Rubi sliders complete set. Plus upgraded led Diode Dynamics amber fog lights, and bed rack. Happy so far.

A 2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD, 2020 JLU
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Construction
I wish I did. Trust me, I like the truck but it could have been a different experience if I took my time. Now I’m stuck. Maybe I just sell it and take my time next time.
I bought a 2020 Sport S without max tow. I didn’t even know what max tow was until I joined this forum. I had a little buyers remorse. Now I have a 2021 rubicon diesel. You aren’t stuck.

BTW, I sold the 2020 with 23k miles and after driving for about 15 month for about $1,100 less than I bought it (TTT not included).

trailless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
I just feel like all of that could have been avoided if you looked at the window sticker and looked over the truck before purchasing it.

The overland comes with all the options that a rubicon comes with except for the offroad stuff such as: tires, wheels, suspension, lockers, sway bar disconnect, 4:1 tcase, and possibly 4.10 gears. Other than that the rubicon needs to be optioned with everything else as well. Doesn't seem like a lie to me...

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
Don't feel bad OP. I bought mine in March 2020 simply by doing Google search and picking out the cheapest model with the color I wanted. Didn't even realize I could build one until a few months later. I did absolutely zero homework. I lucked into a MaxTow with hardly any options. Some I wish I had optioned for. I've had fun with mods though and my truck has/is turned/turning into a bad ass machine IMHO.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.