Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Blessed be the trolls, they are not the fruit of the earth. Has anyone else bought a car and didn't know what features/options were/weren't included before handing over the money?
Good poll question.
Sponsored

USMC-SSGT

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Aluminum tubing transport
How do people go into buying something so expensive without doing homework or research? If I'm buying something as simple as new cups I do research. Lol.
Drives my wife insane. I’ll spend 5 hours researching cup holder inserts for the Jeep. I can’t buy a single thing without knowing every possible thing about it, and it’s nearest competitor.

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Drives my wife insane. I’ll spend 5 hours researching cup holder inserts for the Jeep. I can’t buy a single thing without knowing every possible thing about it, and it’s nearest competitor.
Amen. My wife appreciates that about me, thankfully. I'm not spending hard earned money on bullshit products.

Sponsored

IAGLADI8R

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Union Carpenter
I love my JT Overland, it is my favorite vehicle I've ever owned. I put a 3 piece steel front bumper on it, Rubicon tires and Wheel take offs, Cold Air intake, a pile of other small mods to make it my own. The dealer I bought it from called me and offered me $5k more than I paid for it, but I don't want to start over from scratch, it's perfect the way it is

20210702_142907.jpg

20210418_124940.jpg

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
Why on Earth would a comfort and street oriented trim level have off-road suspension and steel bumpers? You sound like you've never bought a vehicle before, and then you snivel about the amount of money you paid!

Save it.

This is my take and a way to see how others feel about this situation. I recently bought a Jeep Gladiator Overland and the reason I got the Overland was because I need the truck to go to work and sports for my kids. I don’t need to go off road yet. When I when to the dealership they told me the the Overland was top of the line, same as the Rubicon. I thought that Top of the line was almost everything included. My Jeep came with 8.4 “ radio with good speakers, also LEDs inside the Jeep only, Leather seats and black hard top. Now what it does not have that I this a “top of the line” vehicle should have. LED lights outside, Rubicon wheels and suspension, outlet for the bed, metal bumper and all sensors for safety. I think I was taken to the cleaners because if I had gotten a sport with all the upgrades, it wouldn’t come to the amount of money I paid for this truck. Am I over reacting or do I have a point?

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I love my Overland! I could have gone with a Rubicon, but I'm more on pavement than off. Overland was a better choice for me and it may be for you as well. My opinion which follows is based on my own experience, I've had all the electronic disconnects and factory gadgets on a prior vehicle and all they did was fail. It sucks when you are constantly at the 'stealership' getting all the fancy gadgets replaced. Everything you want to add to your ride can be done easily, less expensively, and in some cases with better quality parts than if your Jeep had come with the options from the factory. I upgraded all lights to LEDs (search for my posts)... added power in the bed (search for my posts)... upgraded the suspension and shocks (search for my posts)... installed larger tires (search for my posts).... installed a steel bumper and winch (upcoming post)... and the list goes on... check my garage config... AND!, with my current configuration I get 17 around town and 21-22 highway... and I've got a led foot like nobody's business. Happy to give you the list of parts for all the upgrades that I did to get my Overland to where I wanted it to be. By the way... for the occasional off-road adventure, my config works awesome!

Jeep Gladiator The Overland big lie!! Jeep Cataloochee

BRMoose

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
PM
Was originally going to go Mojave, the hype on the suspension and appearance package had me but
during a rational moment ( well tempered with new Jeep fever) and looking at my use and local dealer stock picked a nicely equipped Overland which is exactly what I need
Love it the only 2 things I’d like to add that would be factory options are proximity detectors and the aux switch group, both of which I can add myself if need be.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ovi1

Ovi1

First Name
Ovidio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 2021 Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
Wow!! Thanks for all the great replies!! I’ll tell you… some people are just plain rude and inconsiderate. This is my opinion and I wanted to share it with the forum. Thanks everyone!

OP
OP
Ovi1

Ovi1

First Name
Ovidio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP Gladiator 2021 Overland
Occupation
Supervisor
I love my Overland! I could have gone with a Rubicon, but I'm more on pavement than off. Overland was a better choice for me and it may be for you as well. My opinion which follows is based on my own experience, I've had all the electronic disconnects and factory gadgets on a prior vehicle and all they did was fail. It sucks when you are constantly at the 'stealership' getting all the fancy gadgets replaced. Everything you want to add to your ride can be done easily, less expensively, and in some cases with better quality parts than if your Jeep had come with the options from the factory. I upgraded all lights to LEDs (search for my posts)... added power in the bed (search for my posts)... upgraded the suspension and shocks (search for my posts)... installed larger tires (search for my posts).... installed a steel bumper and winch (upcoming post)... and the list goes on... check my garage config... AND!, with my current configuration I get 17 around town and 21-22 highway... and I've got a led foot like nobody's business. Happy to give you the list of parts for all the upgrades that I did to get my Overland to where I wanted it to be. By the way... for the occasional off-road adventure, my config works awesome!

Jeep Gladiator The Overland big lie!! Jeep Cataloochee
Please do!! Thanks. Specifically for the LED lights!

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I bought a used low mileage Overland after torturing my wife for months looking at them, test driving them, and using build sheets. It is a great truck.
For everything you stated you wanted the vehicle for then it is a great truck.
Go enjoy it.
Do like the rest of us... stress over every last dollar of purchase price and then blow another $10k on aftermarket mods!
Implement the $500 rule. If you go somewhere and find something $500+ then go home and sleep on it. If you are still interested in it the next morning then open up the computer and start researching it.
Saved the wife and I a lot of buyers remorse.

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
Good poll question.
I can honestly say no. I've never dropped $30K+ on something without knowing exactly what I was spending it on.

I would have bought a mojave but wasn't out yet and I took advantage of some pricing snafu the dealer honored.

Spur

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland
Occupation
Retired
Wow!! Thanks for all the great replies!! I’ll tell you… some people are just plain rude and inconsiderate. This is my opinion and I wanted to share it with the forum. Thanks everyone!
Maybe you should change the title of your post to “My Opinion.”
Nothing about the Overland is a “big lie.” Over exaggerating makes you look foolish.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.