Things I don’t like about my new Gladiator

Stacked JT

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stingray JT Rubicon
Tow mode is enabled automatically when you plug something into the 7 pin connector. A brake controller is also trivial to install, it's plug and play under the dash, so not a big deal imo.

I agree even compared to my jlur it feels spongy even if the ride is fairly nice. I expected more from the fox shocks. I have a clip on mirror for towing, I don't like stupid big mirrors for every day driving and they're fine when not towing. I'd like some retractable ones you could just push out for towing.
Except its not tow mode. Watch TFL run it thru the ike gauntlet/ tow test. The truck refused to engine brake going down hill.
Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I have really missed 750 miles in is rain sensing wipers
I second that. Got used to that feature in my JGC's. I also miss just having one steering wheel lever that does it all.

WakesurfVT

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 Centurion Enzo SV233
Occupation
Director of Inside Sales

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link

Jeep-784x1024.png

Sponsored

JT_Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I’m glad to hear other people feel the “flighty” steering at 55+. I’ve been taking with Jeep dealers, and I’m starting to feel like I’m crazy.... they keep telling me it’s fine.
Ugh! I traded in my '06 SRT8 GC for a gladiator and I wasn't expecting this Sciurus carolinensis mode at speeds in the Gladiator. So far I'm not seeing a wheel/tire option to help trim the drift well enough.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
I learn more stuff on here:

Eastern gray squirrel - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_gray_squirrel
f9bbbf72.png

Overview
th?id=OCW.72029eed-ff8f-4669-a390-b7af6fe2c846&w=100&h=100&c=7&pid=13.jpg

Sciurus carolinensis, common name eastern gray squirrel or grey squirrel depending on region, is a tree squirrel in the genus Sciurus. It is native to eastern North America, where it is the most prodigious and ecologically essential natural forest regenerator. Widely introduced to certain places around the world, the eastern gray squirrel in Europe, in particular, is regarded as an invasive species.

1948-11-03-New-London-Ct-TheDay-squirrel-cage-jeep.jpg

Vismich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Is this a safety issue on long drives (high speed, remote freeway)?

Or something you get used to, and mitigate sufficiently with lower air pressure?
I’ve starred getting used to it, but honestly o do think it’s a safer issue.... especially towing on the highway. I towed a 3.5k camper this weekend, and it was swaying only because the steering back and forth...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
It's seriously exhausting, and I'm an Extrovert.....my wife doesn't want to go with me when we take it for a spin....#couldneverbeaceli

brity!
shoot that's no bueno. Has the dealer given any suggestions to try and remedy this?

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The only thing I have really missed 750 miles in is rain sensing wipers. I was spoiled with that in my last car, and it is hard to get used to having to turn on the wipers and change wiper speeds. I can’t really complain though. My 87 YJ I had didn’t even have working wipers 50% of the time.

I think cooled seats would be nice too. But as far as driving. Mine seems to be quite smooth and doesn’t really wander. It seems to have gotten even better the more miles I have put on it. I think it drives great. And way better than I expected.
it'll be hard going from Dory to a sport S. Dory has auto wipers, auto high beams, adaptive cruise, BLIS, cooled seat, adjustable headrest, might be forgetting something.

Sponsored

Chevis 50

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Power wagon, Jeep Compass, Durango
Ugh! I traded in my '06 SRT8 GC for a gladiator and I wasn't expecting this Sciurus carolinensis mode at speeds in the Gladiator. So far I'm not seeing a wheel/tire option to help trim the drift well enough.
Just got my LE,
IMG_20190619_100225911_HDR.jpg
installed 37" tires wit 2" lift and the Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer. Drives like a dream!

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
shoot that's no bueno. Has the dealer given any suggestions to try and remedy this?
Bodyguards and/or disguises....."but I did save 15% on my car insurance"...hahaha
#celeblifeistough!

guntrust

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
LawNews.TV
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
something legal
Just got my LE,
IMG_20190619_100225911_HDR.jpg
installed 37" tires wit 2" lift and the Teraflex Falcon Nexus 2.2 steering stabilizer. Drives like a dream!
First i've heard of "steering stabilizer"--is that something you take off when offroading?
Nevermind--got the answer here: