Sponsored

Those complaining about the steering... get the Fox Steering Stabilizer

scuuuud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Abarth, 2017 WRX, 2009 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
Just placed one on order. I’m excited. My brand new Rubicon sways like a mofo. I thought it was me being tired but now that I found this thread I’m relieved. Thanks guys for all the input
Sponsored

AirLaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caravan, Dodge Challenger, Jeep Gladiator
Just placed one on order. I’m excited. My brand new Rubicon sways like a mofo. I thought it was me being tired but now that I found this thread I’m relieved. Thanks guys for all the input
Did you happen to try the service bulletin fix of 5 times lock to lock to see if it solves your problem?

Geekjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator sport s
I bought the stabilizer and its causing a bad pull to the right. Im sending back to fox. This problem is not unheard of but most people are very happy with it

SC_Paco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I bought the stabilizer and its causing a bad pull to the right. Im sending back to fox. This problem is not unheard of but most people are very happy with it
Not sure who recommended the regular FOX Stabilizer... The "pulling" has been a problem for a long time with these. You have to get the FOX TS or ATS

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I hate the way my stock Overland wanders on the hwy. I just ordered the Fox IFP 985-24-173 referenced above. Its fine around town so I don't think its my steering box. I really hope it helps. If this doesn't help, I'll get that synergy brace.

I also hope it doesn't make the steering crazy stiff on a stock Jeep. I don't have the money for bigger tires right now. A little stiffer would actually be good...
My first Gladiator Overland wandered like crazy from mid-speed to high-speed, it took constant attention to keep tracking a straight line. Due to other issues I had to swap it out for a nearly identical replacement, but interestingly this was wanders much less - but still too much, even for somebody used to driving trucks. I've been following threads on the Fox Steering Stabilizers and will likely go that route, but it would be good to hear from somebody who owns a Stock Overland with no lift kit, and confirmed that the Fox stabilizer fit and helped reduce the constant focus needed to keep to a straight line.

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you happen to try the service bulletin fix of 5 times lock to lock to see if it solves your problem?
Do you mind sharing more detail on this bulletin or a link if it's available online? Was the bulletin specific to the Rubicon that had been mentioned or did it also apply to the Overland? I'm happy to try anything before throwing money at a fix.

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
My first Gladiator Overland wandered like crazy from mid-speed to high-speed, it took constant attention to keep tracking a straight line. Due to other issues I had to swap it out for a nearly identical replacement, but interestingly this was wanders much less - but still too much, even for somebody used to driving trucks. I've been following threads on the Fox Steering Stabilizers and will likely go that route, but it would be good to hear from somebody who owns a Stock Overland with no lift kit, and confirmed that the Fox stabilizer fit and helped reduce the constant focus needed to keep to a straight line.
I installed in like 10 days ago. It really does track a lot better on the hwy. The steering does indeed feel more precise around town and I just like the feel better. Lowering my tire pressure from 38 psi to 34 psi also helped some. I did that before the stabilizer and it helps some, but the stabilizer made a bigger difference. The steering still isn't great, but is a SFA so I didn't expect it to suddenly feel like a sports car. It feels more like my JKU Rubicon did, but minus the bump steer it had. For the record, mine has never had bump steer.

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I installed in like 10 days ago. It really does track a lot better on the hwy. The steering does indeed feel more precise around town and I just like the feel better. Lowering my tire pressure from 38 psi to 34 psi also helped some. I did that before the stabilizer and it helps some, but the stabilizer made a bigger difference. The steering still isn't great, but is a SFA so I didn't expect it to suddenly feel like a sports car. It feels more like my JKU Rubicon did, but minus the bump steer it had. For the record, mine has never had bump steer.
Thanks John, very encouraging to hear. I could live with the wander that I have with this new Overland, but if the stabilizers can knock it down by half it would put me where I expected a Jeep to drive.

AirLaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Caravan, Dodge Challenger, Jeep Gladiator
Do you mind sharing more detail on this bulletin or a link if it's available online? Was the bulletin specific to the Rubicon that had been mentioned or did it also apply to the Overland? I'm happy to try anything before throwing money at a fix.
This was from an earlier member post in the thread.

501d3290-31d0-4cdd-b1d2-29eebbde707c-jpeg.jpg

NC_Overland

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
Thanks John, very encouraging to hear. I could live with the wander that I have with this new Overland, but if the stabilizers can knock it down by half it would put me where I expected a Jeep to drive.
That's pretty much what it does. I still notice it occasionally, but it really does track a hell of a lot better. I also like a little more weight in my steering. The stock is a little bit light for my tastes and it helps with that. I don't get pissed off driving it anymore, so that alone is worth the $150 IMO.

Yesterday was super windy and I got blow around some, but that's a characteristic of Jeeps and no steering upgrade will fix that.

Sponsored

Mallai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S 2019 KTM 1290 R 2018 KTM 300 XC-W
My JT wanders all over the place..I wouldn't have bought it had I given it a test drive..With that said, I installed a Fox ATS stabilizer and it went into full on death wobble when hitting potholes at 55+..It helped the wandering a little but was useless in the end..Not happy with the JT at all..Of course the 2021 will be fixed, but were all stuck with garbage steering.

SC_Paco

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My JT wanders all over the place..I wouldn't have bought it had I given it a test drive..With that said, I installed a Fox ATS stabilizer and it went into full on death wobble when hitting potholes at 55+..It helped the wandering a little but was useless in the end..Not happy with the JT at all..Of course the 2021 will be fixed, but were all stuck with garbage steering.
Sorry to hear that. I suggest you have your JT checked by the dealer. These has got to be an issue with yours.
I have had no such issues and mine drives sooooooooooo much better that my old JK Unlimited.

Mallai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S 2019 KTM 1290 R 2018 KTM 300 XC-W
Sorry to hear that. I suggest you have your JT checked by the dealer. These has got to be an issue with yours.
I have had no such issues and mine drives sooooooooooo much better that my old JK Unlimited.
Thanks..I did have it checked..It rides "loose" they told me..On the highway I'm constantly correcting to keep it straight..Looking down at the nav screen for a second causes lane changes..As mentioned, not happy with it at all..And can I say pressing the brake pedal is like pushing your foot through a bowl of jello..I should have kept my '17 Ram..

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Not "we're all stuck with". Sorry you have steering issues. Some are perfect out of the box, and still perfect after lift and 35's. I believe you have steering issues. If you want to bypass the stealership and throw a couple hundy in your front end, there are alot of people on this forum correcting their issues. Again, sorry you hate your truck. Some of us love love love this JEEP

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand both camps - hating the truck and loving the truck. My first Gladiator had the exact issue described, it took constant focus on stay in the lane. I loved the truck, but hated driving it and regretted the purchase. Due to other issues, the dealer swapped to a clone and driving this one is night-and-day different, soooo much easier to drive that now I love driving it (still looser than I like, but totally manageable). I'm doing 35's and a 2" lift next week, along with a steering stabilizer, and hoping that I still love driving it afterwards. At some point FCA has to recognize the design / mfg flaw that is causing the intermittent problem, until they do and they fix it themselves, it'll be rolling the dice to buy a Gladiator.
Sponsored