First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
AT. Probably an R/T by what's new and hip-- these are quite aggressive. Falken has a new RT that looks good, and the Nitto R/T ridge grappler was on my list as well.

I just got back from the hammers, and these did wonderfully.

unnamed.jpg
Don't want to hijack this thread but did you regear?
Sponsored

Chief_jeep

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Ecodiesel
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
1 - Baja Boss MT
2 - Trail Grappler

Personally these are the only two I'd consider out of your choices.
With that said, I'd get the Baja Boss AT. It's fantastic offroad, very aggressive for an AT tire and is probably the best AT I've driven on the road.

The Baja Boss is lighter than the Nitto as well as better in better in sand and wet conditions. I have heard it wears faster than the Nitto though.

Summitsearcher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Stingrey JTR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

Rozik169

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Pa turnpike
I just had Mickey Thompson Baja mtz tires they lasted 10,000 miles so I’m trying nitto now

IslandFalconer

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, BMW R9T, BMW X4M40i
Occupation
Falconer
I’ve had the Nitto Rige grappler, and now the M/T Baja Boss, the Baja is an amazing riding, amazing handling, responsive, good in snow, good on ice tire. I’ve had a pile of jeeps this is #7 the only tire I’ve liked as much as the Baja was the Toyo Open Country A/T

Sponsored

Mike-len

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC
I've owned the MT Baja Boss AT's for 20k miles. They are outstanding! Seriously, the best tires i've ever owned. Over the years, I've had: BGF AT KO's(3), MT/R's, and Duratracs.

In ever category: noise, wet grip, snow/ice, wear, looks, costs, availability, etc. THEY ARE EFF'ING OUTSTANDING!
Why do people not like like the K02’s anymore? I’ve run them for decades, still running them, never had any issues or complaints and I love them. I don’t see how it could get any better when I’ve been completely satisfied with mine. Anyone care to elaborate?

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Why do people not like like the K02’s anymore? I’ve run them for decades, still running them, never had any issues or complaints and I love them. I don’t see how it could get any better when I’ve been completely satisfied with mine. Anyone care to elaborate?
People still like them, I'm a fan but there are tires out there now that run more true to size that are just as good. I ran KO2's on my JKU, XJ, and Now my JT. Probably at least 8 sets in a row. I switched to Kanati's in a 37 and honestly they are better in the rain than a KO2 and overall they are equal all the way around except being a better tire in the rain. I just scored a set of Yokohama X-AT'S in a 37 for a $1098 for a set off walmart.com. Honestly if a 35 In a KO2 measured more than 33.8 and a 37 more than 35.7 and if the price was right I'd still run them. But when you got a tire like a Kanati that you can buy for around $300 a tire for a 37 that measures 36.4 mounted and is just a good of a tire, hard to go back to a BFG. I did a thread on them and compared them to my KO2s.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
KO2s are decent tires. They are ok in most conditions. These new tires are just better. Better wet traction, better in the mud, don't bang every rock in your state off your rear fenders etc.

The KO3s should be out soon, so even BFG acknowledges there are improvements to be made.

Sponsored

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
KO2s are decent tires. They are ok in most conditions. These new tires are just better. Better wet traction, better in the mud, don't bang every rock in your state off your rear fenders etc.

The KO3s should be out soon, so even BFG acknowledges there are improvements to be made.
Exactly, these new Hybrid tires are the best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned. You get a decent in the Mud tire that you can still take on the beach or on the rocks and still get 45,000+ miles out of them and not half to worry about going deaf on the freeway like you do with M/T. KO2's are still great but paying the premium you have to pay for them they should be the best tire ever made and they just are better options out there now that are priced cheaper.

Reactions: JT1

Mike-len

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC
Exactly, these new Hybrid tires are the best of both worlds as far as I'm concerned. You get a decent in the Mud tire that you can still take on the beach or on the rocks and still get 45,000+ miles out of them and not half to worry about going deaf on the freeway like you do with M/T. KO2's are still great but paying the premium you have to pay for them they should be the best tire ever made and they just are better options out there now that are priced cheaper.
You’re all making me second guess my latest purchase of 37” Ko2’s (which I already knew weren’t a true 37”) and try some of these hybrid tires. I guess I’ll have to wait until I wear these out if ever….

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
100% if they didn't come with the BFG tax and a 10 year product refresh cycle, they are still perfectly fine.

I wouldn't pay baja boss money for a KO2, but that's what they charge.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Willys
You’re all making me second guess my latest purchase of 37” Ko2’s (which I already knew weren’t a true 37”) and try some of these hybrid tires. I guess I’ll have to wait until I wear these out if ever….
You won't hate them. They have good road manners. People behind you will hate you for throwing rocks at them, but such is life.

Stay out of heavy mud, or prepare to pull winch line. They grip dry rocks fine, and you'll get tired of looking at them before they wear out.

Camaroboi13

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 XJ Pioneer, 17 WK2 3.6, 18 JLU 3.6, 22 JTOD 3.0
Occupation
LEO - Life in Chino
You won't hate them. They have good road manners. People behind you will hate you for throwing rocks at them, but such is life.

Stay out of heavy mud, or prepare to pull winch line. They grip dry rocks fine, and you'll get tired of looking at them before they wear out.
They’ll also crack and fall apart before wearing out, which is why I don’t run them anymore.
Sponsored