Daddy's Toy

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red Gladiator Launch
Hi Patrick,
I can check in periodically with our internal resources and post out if I receive any information.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Hi Patrick,
I can check in periodically with our internal resources and post out if I receive any information.
Alex
Jeep Cares
Hey Alex, It's been eleven days since any updates from Jeep Cares regarding enabling the STFA system on earlier release of the Rubicon Gladiators. Do you have any new or updated information for us?

Thanks, Steve
Sponsored

Pion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator LE, '17 Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Principal
I'm salty because the feature was announced early, was actually in the manual, and I paid good money on an LE (all features) and I don't have it. Maybe I'm being selfish, but after dropping $62k there should be some sort of software download or sensor replacement for the LE models that originally had it advertised (was on Doug Demuro's video of the Rubicon, etc)..

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
Hey Alex, It's been eleven days since any updates from Jeep Cares regarding enabling the STFA system on earlier release of the Rubicon Gladiators. Do you have any new or updated information for us?

Thanks, Steve
Hi Steven,
I did reach out to someone to see if there has been any update on this. I will post back out if I hear back!
Alex
Jeep Cares

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
Had that happen the other day; after a few (a lot) tries I got a msg saying it wasn't available with vehicle in motion. I was parked but may have had the engine running. So maybe it only works with truck not running?
and @spazzyfry123 thank you guys! Just an update I tried this again last night but this time I had the engine off but battery on (hit the push button twice but don't turn on the engine) and went into the settings. This time the check didn't go away and then I proceeded to open the Tire Fill Alert App and I was able to setup the PSI! I didn't test the honk but at this point everything was working so I'm sure it's fully functional. I did not have Tire Fill Alert on my sticker but now confirmed I do

Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
I ordered the manual, and have this on my window sticker. I'm picking up Saturday, I'll let you know.
Thanks but I do have it! @Pion read my post right above and see if that'll work for you. EDIT: Never mind I just saw your issue could be due to early release model. Hopefully it's just a software update that they can push

Last edited:

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR / 2005 Grand Cherokee
Iā€™m confident I received some credible information from someone that works for Jeep. If you have selectable tire-fill alert then you have specific sensors that are coded to work with this option and the JL & late JK sensors are not coded to work with selectable tire fill alert nor does he believe any aftermarket sensors will work since its a small market at this time. Hope this helps and hope itā€™s accurate.
@JOKER8R Any update on this to confirm there are specific sensors for this feature? Personal experience with your after market wheels?

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
@JOKER8R Any update on this to confirm there are specific sensors for this feature? Personal experience with your after market wheels?
Well I was able to get my original sensors from the buyer of my OEM wheels & tires and I do have tire pressure monitoring but my tire fill alert isnā€™t registering where it was with the OEM wheels & tires. Not sure why and I havenā€™t taken time to figure it out, been meaning to investigate by asking questions on here. Donā€™t think it has anything to do with the aftermarket wheels & tires.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I know you didn't ask me but I pushed my guy at Jeep and he answered pretty quickly back.

My question
Question on the selectable tire fill. Will any sensor work vs needing to be the ones that ship with the gladiator. For example I have a set of jK sensors from 2016ish will they work?
His answer
No. Has to be JT sensors
They have a special message in them for STFA
2016 normal tpms will work but selectable wonā€™t

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well I was able to get my original sensors from the buyer of my OEM wheels & tires and I do have tire pressure monitoring but my tire fill alert isnā€™t registering where it was with the OEM wheels & tires. Not sure why and I havenā€™t taken time to figure it out, been meaning to investigate by asking questions on here. Donā€™t think it has anything to do with the aftermarket wheels & tires.
That's a bit troubling.

I know you didn't ask me but I pushed my guy at Jeep and he answered pretty quickly back.

My question

His answer
Good to have the additional info, thanks!

I know I'm getting hung up on this, but this is the last thing I want to figure out before deciding to go with aftermarket wheels or keep the stocks.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
That's a bit troubling.

Good to have the additional info, thanks!

I know I'm getting hung up on this, but this is the last thing I want to figure out before deciding to go with aftermarket wheels or keep the stocks.
Wheel choice won't matter just move your sensors. Im glad I asked cause I assumed the same. Which also means I will have to insist on oem sensors if one breaks.

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheel choice won't matter just move your sensors. Im glad I asked cause I assumed the same. Which also means I will have to insist on oem sensors if one breaks.
That's why @JOKER8R statement is troubling. Sounds like OEM sensors on custom wheels didn't work. Doesn't make sense to me but it's a new system that no one seems to be able to explain how it works.

Do you have aftermarket wheels with oem sensors and no issues with tire fill alert? I'm perfectly fine being a Guinea pig here, but if someone else has already figured this out I'd prefer to avoid the headache.

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I will in a couple weeks

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Ok, Iā€™ll take the ā€œDumb Assā€ award. After reading through this post realized I had to turn it back on.

So you must use the OEM sensors and no problems with aftermarket wheels and tires.

3590E3B9-2FD1-4E5E-977D-0C04618B8F22.jpeg

BlackDog

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, Iā€™ll take the ā€œDumb Assā€ award. After reading through this post realized I had to turn it back on.

So you must use the OEM sensors and no problems with aftermarket wheels and tires.

3590E3B9-2FD1-4E5E-977D-0C04618B8F22.jpeg
If it weren't a new feature that isn't at all documented, I'd award you that Dumb Ass award. For this, we'll categorize it as "learning." But yeah, I remember it has to be turned on each time.

Thanks for sticking with it and posting back here!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.