Sponsored

Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here!

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Ordered 3/8, arrived at dealer 3/17 and took delivery 3/21. While it's similar to the wife's 21' JLU I'm impressed at how it's yet different on the road. Enjoying it.
9 days, that is pretty good. Sometimes the stars align for some people.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
9 days, that is pretty good. Sometimes the stars align for some people.
I don’t mind waiting a little longer so that it’s done right, I had my first wrangler built about that quick and the paint job was trash.

Gryphon

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport S Max Tow
I don’t mind waiting a little longer so that it’s done right, I had my first wrangler built about that quick and the paint job was trash.
Yeah, trust me i thought about that. I didn't need the veh. for at least another month and a half after i ordered it. So far everything looks really good on it , I'm apprehensive about anything that gets manufactured, inspected, and delivered in that short amount of time.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Yeah, trust me i thought about that. I didn't need the veh. for at least another month and a half after i ordered it. So far everything looks really good on it , I'm apprehensive about anything that gets manufactured, inspected, and delivered in that short amount of time.
I hope it stays that way for you bud, and congrats!

Sponsored

Brojave22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
ATC
Democrat Point or Sore Thumb?
Suffolk county Beaches ! I don't like the state beaches, at the state beaches you have to be actively fishing, no fire, no dog, no chilling. county is all chill mann

MikeyK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Teacher
Bruce is home, and now we’re at work!!!

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! AAEE84CC-37F5-4160-B1A1-300DED0142C4

ksteber

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Chemical Plant Operator
Finally picked mine up. Took 12 weeks from order to delivery. I am totally loving it so far.

WhyNotJeep

Banned
Banned
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4,,, '14 Wrangler JKUR
Occupation
Done with it
I finally went to the dealer, found a nice white Rubicon fully loaded, took a test drive and that was it. Went back and bought it the next day for below MSRP a little. It's a great JTR and I'll leave it stock for a while till I decide what I really want to do. Got to remove the 60% portion of the back seat for the pup and make a platform for him. Weathertec floor mats and a ARE shell will be on the list first. The suspension will stay factory for a long time as it's just a great ride. The 8.4 will keep me busy for a while. I have a Wrangler JKUR that's lifted 4 inches and the Gladiator is almost as high but rides so much better.

Sponsored

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Well some unexpected things happened yesterday. A few weeks ago I had ordered a Sport S with Max Tow and a bunch of other goodies. Shortly before that I sold my OBS for a down payment since it didn't meet my needs any longer. Right after placing an order, sent my TJ (and then only vehicle) off to a shop for routine maintenance. Well the shop forgot to put gear oil back in. Needles to say the rear diff grenaded itself. The worst part - we can't find parts to rebuild with the current situations. Even an option of a full on axle swap by G2 would take 12 months according to them. Fortunately I live in a small town and am able to walk to work. Well, as I was contemplating my order and wondering when it would arrive, I happened to see the dealer post a Rubicon for sale. It had almost all the options I ordered on the Sport S order, plus the Rubicon goodies. At almost 10K more cost. But being without a vehicle, I was somewhat desperate. It even was the same color that I ordered. The biggest downfall was leather seats - for which I am not a huge fan. It also had some extras that I did not want, like the dual top group which added cost. After himming and hawing all darn day not being productive at work I called the dealer, asked if it was in fact on the lot - and promptly told them to set it aside as I would be there the next morning. So, I found a ride, insptected it for frame or shipment damage very well (some scratches on the frame sadly but nothing that couldn't be easily fixed). After negotiating transferring my down payment for the order to the Rubicon, and some other things, I filled out the paperwork and drove home. That was yesterday. Today, I woke up, and went for a drive, and suddenly realized it was the best decision to make. Not only do I not have to wait a potential 6 months for a build, but it's the Rubicon - which I should have ordered from the get go. It has more than what I need, and will only require the most basic upgrades - which, lights, All-Cab, etc.. But nothin major (lift) will be needed).

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! image0

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! image1

Jeep Gladiator Took Delivery of Your JT? Sign in Here! image3

I certainly made the right decision, even at a little higher cost. And those leather seats - well they're not all that bad after all. Best of all, I was the first to drive it other than during transport and the PDI. I absolutely love this rig!

arskemp

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Sarge Green Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT
Checking In! Just picked up my order on Thursday at Petersons in Idaho.

20220324_140945-01.jpeg

Had a long drive back immediately after (~600 miles).

20220324_164726-01.jpeg

Got back in a little over midnight to Chico, CA.

Last edited:

Pedal Metal

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 1975 Camaro, 1973 Beetle
Occupation
Analyst
Well some unexpected things happened yesterday. A few weeks ago I had ordered a Sport S with Max Tow and a bunch of other goodies. Shortly before that I sold my OBS for a down payment since it didn't meet my needs any longer. Right after placing an order, sent my TJ (and then only vehicle) off to a shop for routine maintenance. Well the shop forgot to put gear oil back in. Needles to say the rear diff grenaded itself. The worst part - we can't find parts to rebuild with the current situations. Even an option of a full on axle swap by G2 would take 12 months according to them.
Sorry to learn about the shop mishap, but I gotta ask how they’re going to make that right with you? No doubt, mistakes happen, but they no doubt owe you for that and something for taking your transportation out of commission.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
Sorry to learn about the shop mishap, but I gotta ask how they’re going to make that right with you? No doubt, mistakes happen, but they no doubt owe you for that and something for taking your transportation out of commission.
They are going to do a total repair at their cost - of course. Whether that means a rebuild, or a total axle replacement. The issue is parts don't seem to be available.... And believe me they are VERY upset about it themselves, which is consolation to me. Accidents happen, so I'm trying not to be easy on the situation especially given current global climates.

Is it a problem? Yes... Accidents happen. I certainly had my share while a master tech for Ford... Did it cause inconvenience? For sure. But in hindsight - if it had not happened, I probably would not have been pressured to get a vehicle sooner and probably would have ended up with my order instead of a Rubicon. So in a way it's a good thing it happened because now that I have the Rubicon I realized the other order would have been a mistake. Not that it's a poor choice, but the Rubicon fits much better.