Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
NOW we're talkin'! :like:
Now that is about the best fitting and looking one of the bunch. Nice find,
Cheers
best fitting I agree. Fiberglass tops do a great job hugging the cab. I agree with everyone else, wish the back wasn't slanted, time will tell.
I'm still going alu-cab provided it doesn't look stupid (can't imagine it would) need to put heavy stuff on top and the alu-cab looks the part. I'm going more for safari overland than USA Trucks-r-us. lol
Sponsored

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
Agreed, yes it stores underneath the bed cover “undercover mode” in a velcro secured pouch
Cover Open:
BF5066AE-CE04-4C60-81E4-8F74DCBFAC65.jpeg

Cover Closed:
43853561-139E-4A99-8C7C-6ABA316B45D3.jpeg

I spent a few minutes trying to smooth out the topper material itself for appearances to have a boxier look but it’s infinitely adjustable on each side with its velcro vs snaps found on other designs.
C83134B4-ACF4-48AC-870E-5A6AB13C441E.jpeg

If it’s about full time appearances over function then probably not the best option. I don’t mind the look since it will be in “undercover” 90% of the time, in fact most of my gear is used often and has a “rugged” patina, par for the course.
Same with me - hell my Jeep already has some patina unlike most of those on here, so I'm less concerned with how the top looks when it's up vs. how it works. The tonneau would be in use 95% of the time anyway.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Absolutely! Although now I have to change the name of my rig to "Stink Bug" due to the shape and how far it sticks up... Like my wife said yesterday... "its no uglier than it was before the canopy"! Good thing I don't care too much about form. Function is all that matters and I think it will meet my needs just fine. I can see new license plates in my future "FUGLY". I might as well paint it with zebra stripes too...

IMG_1101.jpg
Well, if your "into Zebras" I think that would look really really cool - distinctive in "Your Area" too ! :clap: :like:, & come to think of it, you gave me an idea on that same theme . . . but mine (probably a Vinyl Wrap) would of course have a Fly Fishing Theme, on the sides of the Truck & Canopy (mine probably an RSI) . :)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
hmmmm, january is in 10 days, does anybody have an Alu-Cab FOR Gladiator photo yet? I wanna reserve mine, but can't before I see at least a photo of one.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
hmmmm, january is in 10 days, does anybody have an Alu-Cab FOR Gladiator photo yet? I wanna reserve mine, but can't before I see at least a photo of one.
Does Alu-Cab not have any pictures of what it looks like? I’m surprised they’ve sold any without anyone knowing what it looks like.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does Alu-Cab not have any pictures of what it looks like? I’m surprised they’ve sold any without anyone knowing what it looks like.
they have not released any pictures of one on the Gladiator. A few CAD drawings have surfaced, but not showing the body/cab very well. =(

i'm sure whatever it looks like it'll be similar to the tacoma one, so i'll want one, but i wasn't willing to shell out $3k for one without a photo, i'm not @smlobx rich ya know. :LOL:

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Has anyone seen a Khaya dropped into the Gladiator yet?

The canopy camper would be a 2nd choice for us, we like the all inclusiveness of the Khaya for our needs

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I’m going to leave these here. ARE prototype someone posted on Facebook. No idea when it will be available, but will be available with sliding side windows, windoors, roof racks, lighting etc according to the poster. MSRP around $1799 for the base unit

BE0E1342-C5F5-428A-B09B-41F9BAFF1DB7.jpeg

CDEF249C-DDA4-4012-97F3-6056466634F6.jpeg

D4A76149-3B88-4C3C-97D7-D65C8FE4EA7A.jpeg

74A7CDF9-69BB-40F3-A127-E90E08F05F87.jpeg

That'll look great color-matched! I don't mind the rear angle as the rest of the topper looks great!

Hopefully they will add an option for roof-top rails/storage capability. This is very promising

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, the renders I was expecting aren't going to pan out until early Jan. Was told too busy before the shut down :-(.

That said I reserved my own Explorer Canopy too... :LOL:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, the renders I was expecting aren't going to pan out until early Jan. Was told too busy before the shut down :-(.

That said I reserved my own Explorer Canopy too... :LOL:
yeah just got this auto-reply from Alu-Cab......closed from 12/13 to 1/6.......MUST BE NICE!, lol

Dear Sender,

Thank you for your mail.

Please note that our offices are closed from the 13th December and we reopen on the 6th January 2020. We wish you a safe and happy Holiday.

Kind regards

Kate Mainstone
Marketing Manager

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That'll look great color-matched! I don't mind the rear angle as the rest of the topper looks great!

Hopefully they will add an option for roof-top rails/storage capability. This is very promising
This just looks off to me, Its like a stretched wrangler......maybe its the wheels and the lack of side windoes/doors on the topper. I won't cast final judgement until the production ones come out. lol :whatsgoingon::facepalm:
51329.jpg

Gladius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone seen a Khaya dropped into the Gladiator yet?

The canopy camper would be a 2nd choice for us, we like the all inclusiveness of the Khaya for our needs
880 lbs. for the basic shell and 1694 lbs. for a fully kitted Khaya dry weight, plus the weight of passengers and gear on a Rubicon with a 1200 lb. payload capacity?

I have this camper I used on a Tacoma and Colorado, both 6' beds. It weighs 600 lbs. dry and I had airbags on the Tacoma and Timbrens on the Colorado. It made the front end feel light and bouncy. On a muddy road (hole in the rock road) it was scary, had to drive 5 mph to keep from fish tailing. I'm not going to use it on the Gladiator.

Considering the Gladiators axle location vs center of gravity on the Khaya. It's going to be 80% behind the axle. The truck in their brochure looks to be a Hilux which has a carrying capacity of 2100 lbs.

IMG_1676a.jpg

https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/build-your-own-camper-or-trailer-glen-l-rv-plans.192268/

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
This just looks off to me, Its like a stretched wrangler......maybe its the wheels and the lack of side windoes/doors on the topper. I won't cast final judgement until the production ones come out. lol :whatsgoingon::facepalm:
51329.jpg
Perhaps it looks "off" to you because of the black Gladiator and black topper color both make the topper look EXTRA L_O_N_G

And, as you said, the lack of windows doesn't help either.

I'll bet if the Gladiator had body-colored roof and the topper was body colored that bad boy would look super badass. If that's a term :giggle:

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps it looks "off" to you because of the black Gladiator and black topper color both make the topper look EXTRA L_O_N_G

And, as you said, the lack of windows doesn't help either.

I'll bet if the Gladiator had body-colored roof and the topper was body colored that bad boy would look super badass. If that's a term :giggle:
It looks "off," at least in part, because it has ridiculously-small tires, huge ghetto wheels, and it's lifted far beyond normal for that tire size. It's the worst marketing photo in the history of Western Civilization. If A.R.E. put it on a real Gladiator, it might look decent-to-good.
Sponsored