Sponsored

Torsen/TrueTrac helical limited slip differential?

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
I wonder if we could come up with a list of enough interested people that we could convince Eaton to address this issue.
Sponsored

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I asked Eaton about it. Their response:
"Thank you for your interest in this differential application. However, at this time there are no current public plans to develop this application.

Thanks,
-Eaton Performance Support"

Public being the operative word. I feel like if they weren't interested in making them eventually, they would have just said they have no plans. It's probably worthwhile to continue harassing Eaton about it.

OP
OP

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
Did some more research. I found a Dana 44 32 spline truetrac. Turns out it is for the m226 which is Nissan. Wish I knew what the difference is and why they will make one for Nissan and not for Jeep.
I bet that the ratio of Jeep owners who might install an aftermarket differential must outnumber Nissan owners who'd consider it by way over 10:1 Hopefully the manufacturers of Truetrac type differentials will get their focus going about the market that is waiting for them with JT owners.

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe
I bet that the ratio of Jeep owners who might install an aftermarket differential must outnumber Nissan owners who'd consider it by way over 10:1 Hopefully the manufacturers of Truetrac type differentials will get their focus going about the market that is waiting for them with JT owners.
Unless of course Nissan uses truetrac on a stock application ... not just aftermarket ... but I don’t know what nissans differential options are.

Sponsored

Incommando

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sport max tow Sting-gray, ‘95 YJ

Ericshere03

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Ecodiesel and 2021 Wrangler 4xe

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
I have E-mailed them twice. No response. I am going to call there number when I get a chance. Not holding my breath on a good answer though. I would really like to know the difference between the Nissan D44 32 spline and JT/JL D44 32 spline. Possibly the ring gear sets at a different depth to allow for different ratios. If it would just be a spacer needed Ok, or maybe different bearing set. That should be easy. Just need to know what it is.

S Kama Do!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
The Nissan axle is a m226. The differential is probably too fat to fit our ring gear. You might be able to machine the i.d. 3mm but I'd imagine that's not the only difference.

MarcusB

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Not to dig up an old thread but ....

I would love to install a TrueTrac on the front axle of my JT Mojave. Has anyone figured this out yet? I had front and rear TrueTracs in my JKU Willys and it was the best mod ever. All 4 tires were always grabbing in the sand and snow. I don't do rock crawling so the TrueTracs were perfect. So much better than the stock LSD.

Marcus

Sponsored

saintpauljeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubi, '03 BMW Z4, '20 Mitsu OutSport
Occupation
Software Developer

I would love to install a TrueTrac on the front axle of my JT Mojave. Has anyone figured this out yet? I had front and rear TrueTracs in my JKU Willys and it was the best mod ever. All 4 tires were always grabbing in the sand and snow. I don't do rock crawling so the TrueTracs were perfect. So much better than the stock LSD.

Marcus
it’s the feature I miss the most about selling my Hummer H3, those Torsen LSDs are definitely something I took for granted

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R

Marcus
Tougher on the JL/JT than the JK. The JK didn’t have a front axle disconnect, so the truetrac (or any lsd) could just ride along unbothered. With the axle disconnect each side of the diff is supposed to spin in opposite directions. To run an LSD , you need to defeat the CAD.

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tougher on the JL/JT than the JK. The JK didn’t have a front axle disconnect, so the truetrac (or any lsd) could just ride along unbothered. With the axle disconnect each side of the diff is supposed to spin in opposite directions. To run an LSD , you need to defeat the CAD.
Considering that the truetrac is purely gear driven with no full lock position, I don't believe it would be any worse. or better, then an open diff with a CAD
I volunteer to be the 1st to test this theory. Now we just need TrueTrac to make this application.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't found any Truetrac style options for the JL/JT with the exception of the 30 front in the std JL front. I've always loved Truetracs and they could be a great option in a less than hard core built JT. Eaton hasn't shown any interest in JL lockers so I'm guessing that Truetracs won't happen either.
I'm finding with the traction control feature, it is has the same results as a limited slip by using the break to throw traction to the none slipping wheel, I'm not missing it. I was wanting it and have been looking but not finding anything. Now real lockers is different.
Sponsored