Sponsored

Towed my camper today

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
A lot of people are going to be disappointed and blame FCA when their trucks are breaking down left and right <100k because they regularly load the whole family and their luggage, towing trailers just a couple hundred under capacity.

Jeep guys in 2019 are proving themselves to not be accustomed to hauling/towing.
The same drivetrain is in the GC and half ton ram and is rated to tow between 6500 and 8000lbs, so not sure why you think it's all of a sudden going to be a problem in the Gladiator. I'm not aware of anyone having major issues with the ram tradesman, which is a work truck standard with the 3.6/8 speed. I think the older transmissions had issues, but not the ZF 8 speed. If anything I'm least worried about the powertrain in it. I'm more worried about the electronics in a vehicle with a removable top, which has nothing to do with towing.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
The same drivetrain is in the GC and half ton ram and is rated to tow between 6500 and 8000lbs, so not sure why you think it's all of a sudden going to be a problem in the Gladiator. I'm not aware of anyone having major issues with the ram tradesman, which is a work truck standard with the 3.6/8 speed. I think the older transmissions had issues, but not the ZF 8 speed. If anything I'm least worried about the powertrain in it. I'm more worried about the electronics in a vehicle with a removable top, which has nothing to do with towing.
my 2008 GC - Grand Caravan has a distant cousin to the 3.6 with my 3.8L. I regularly load it with 6 fat Cheese Eating, Beer Drinking Wisconsinites to go tailgate before the Packers kick the Bears hinder at Lambeau. no overheating so far, 236,000 miles on this 3.8L and the AC only died for the 2nd or 3rd time.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I have long maintained that expecting more than 60% of advertised tow rating to be realistic in real world application, would lead only to disappointment and hardship.

Gladiator is no different. Mine is not here yet, but I have no expectation that it will tow anything in excess of that 60% number without some significant struggle.

807john

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check silverado
How much does your trailer weight. I have a kz spree escape it is just under 3k dry. I am hoping mine does ok for my 80 mile trips to the camp ground down the NJ turnpike.
I also have a spree escape and wondering if the sport s with the 3.73 axle will be ok. There is one in town but wondering if I should build so I can get the max tow package
Sponsored