Sponsored

TPMS reset?

Vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
Hi all: I'm sure this has been discussed before but I'm getting conflicting info with a search. I just installed new wheels and tires on my 22 mojave and after about 10 mins the system lost the old sensor data as expected. How long until it learns the new ones? My JL learned them so fast. I just cant remember the relearn procedure and timing on these?

thanks!

pic for attention
Jeep Gladiator TPMS reset? gladiator
Sponsored

zuki_dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
92 miata & cherokee, 06 ram 2500, 15 mustang,
Occupation
Aircraft Examiner
My truck normally takes about 20 miles to relearn new sensors on my August 21 build.

My latest set of 5 mopar sensors from rockauto i put in the new tires and I have 2 that won't read at all. I have tried all different pressures and it seems the sensors won't "wake up".

OP
OP

Vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
My truck normally takes about 20 miles to relearn new sensors on my August 21 build.

My latest set of 5 mopar sensors from rockauto i put in the new tires and I have 2 that won't read at all. I have tried all different pressures and it seems the sensors won't "wake up".
awesome thank you. i only drove 5 miles (had lunch and ran home). Holding out hope that more driving will 'wake them up'. Sorry about you having two that wont do anything!!

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
There was a sensor change in late 21. If the older style sensors were installed they will never be recognized. I have a 2nd set of wheels and tires and got stuck with old style sensors on the newer system. Stuck mostly because I was too lazy to go back to discount tire and have them fix the problem.... the light doesn't bother me.

OP
OP

Vrhaines

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Mojave
There was a sensor change in late 21. If the older style sensors were installed they will never be recognized. I have a 2nd set of wheels and tires and got stuck with old style sensors on the newer system. Stuck mostly because I was too lazy to go back to discount tire and have them fix the problem.... the light doesn't bother me.
I read that multiple places. I got it from Custom Offsets and expressed my concern about the new v old sensors. they insist they will work. (not sure I believe it )

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There was a change in the TPMS system in the middle of 2021. The old and new sensors and systems are not compatible. There is no reset that needs done. Adding air or driving the vehicle wakes up the sensors. If the correct sensors are installed, the TPMS system will automatically recognize them.

I buy the sensors with the tires and wheels. Discount Tire is my preferred place. That way, they are responsible for installing the correct sensors and making them work.

Joe Gladiator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
There was a change in the TPMS system in the middle of 2021. The old and new sensors and systems are not compatible. There is no reset that needs done. Adding air or driving the vehicle wakes up the sensors. If the correct sensors are installed, the TPMS system will automatically recognize them.

I buy the sensors with the tires and wheels. Discount Tire is my preferred place. That way, they are responsible for installing the correct sensors and making them work.

do you happen to have what month the tpms were changed in 2021? I got a set of tires from another '21 Mojave and the tmps doesnt work. Why would they change mid season, such a Dodge thing to do ...

TimC

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator , 2021 Wrangler
Occupation
Telecom
do you happen to have what month the tpms were changed in 2021? I got a set of tires from another '21 Mojave and the tmps doesnt work. Why would they change mid season, such a Dodge thing to do ...
June

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Could be a sourcing issue, supply issue, or they may have found an issue with them working correctly under certain circumstances, or maybe the feds changed the rules they have to operate by, or they found they didn't work well with certain wheels, a long list of possible reasons, but people will do like they've done for decades and say things change for no reason, or blame something else.
Good grief - mid-model year changes have been going on since before I was born and people act like it's a Jeep thing or a new thing. Ford changed drive shafts and u-joints behind the C6 transmissions on their full-sized trucks in the mid 70s in the middle of a model year. Ford must have hated their owners or any of the other list of reasons I saw tossed about back then.
There was a change to the alternators and wiring harnesses used on a certain model car in the 1970 model year. People moaned and groaned and blamed the company and I found proof it was because the supplier of the alternator was making internal changes - forcing that change starting in May of 1969 - and the new versions slowly worked their way into the supply chain in time to mess with the 1970 model year - but blame the car maker, of course.

Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
Could be a sourcing issue, supply issue, or they may have found an issue with them working correctly under certain circumstances, or maybe the feds changed the rules they have to operate by, or they found they didn't work well with certain wheels, a long list of possible reasons, but people will do like they've done for decades and say things change for no reason, or blame something else.
Good grief - mid-model year changes have been going on since before I was born and people act like it's a Jeep thing or a new thing. Ford changed drive shafts and u-joints behind the C6 transmissions on their full-sized trucks in the mid 70s in the middle of a model year. Ford must have hated their owners or any of the other list of reasons I saw tossed about back then.
There was a change to the alternators and wiring harnesses used on a certain model car in the 1970 model year. People moaned and groaned and blamed the company and I found proof it was because the supplier of the alternator was making internal changes - forcing that change starting in May of 1969 - and the new versions slowly worked their way into the supply chain in time to mess with the 1970 model year - but blame the car maker, of course.

See, he doesn't care either......😅

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
It's pretty cut and dried what happened, but everyone has short term memory and only want to think about their problems.

Mid 2021, Pandemic, shortages. Jeep couldn't source the quantity needed to continue producing at the rate they wanted. They shopped the bid and found a new supplier who could meet the quantity AND the dates needed. They went with new supplier and continued making Jeeps. New product not compatible with old product. Not Jeep's concern that people want to swap and sell OEM wheels and tires.
Sponsored