m.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Certified Emergency Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so a push in applies them at full force (whatever is set on the dial)?
Yes. Works pretty well. Only towed a handful of times.
Sponsored

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
It's probably like the Tundra's original claims about "most power in class" or something. Real BS, particularly when the sales droid was telling me that it was more powerful than my other consideration, a diesel 2500 Ram. When you create a whole new class of truck, you're best in class...

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
Installed the Redarc Tow Pro Elite today. Gotta admit, I was a little nervous drilling into the dash!
641956EF-FE34-458C-A466-819D2EC5C1D3.jpeg
+1 on this. I installed it where the etrailer guys put it but eyed up this location as well.
Took less than 45 mins to install, most of it fighting with the hole in the panel making it the right size because you need a metric drill bit (it's Aussie after all).

khockey02

First Name
Kalem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I went with a similar installation. Super easy install after drilling the hole.

image.jpg

MrJeep

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon, 2020 Gobi JT Overland
I went with a similar installation. Super easy install after drilling the hole.

image.jpg
Wth, your numbers look much easier to read than mine!

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I'm really considering giving that Curt Echo a whirl this time around. Installing a traditional controller is a PITA. Done it many times, but it's just not fun. And since I only tow a large trailer a few times a year, I don't really need a permanent solution. I might see if that Bluetooth controller is what they claim it is.

Goheels0917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator 80th Anniversary Edition
Occupation
Systems Engineer

Jay Gatsby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker Red JT
I'm really considering giving that Curt Echo a whirl this time around. Installing a traditional controller is a PITA. Done it many times, but it's just not fun. And since I only tow a large trailer a few times a year, I don't really need a permanent solution. I might see if that Bluetooth controller is what they claim it is.
That was my thought as well and went with the Curt Echo since I tow less than 6000lbs a few times a year. I've had no issues with it so far and recommend it. Only thing I don't like is the need to have the phone app running, but it stills works without it by remembering the last settings. Works great as long as your tow weight is similar.

Ferg

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired College Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I use the Curt Echo and have used it for thousands of miles. I've never had a problem with it in all that time. It works great for my needs.

Sponsored

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
another curt echo user here, it's been great, i'll throw it up on the phone if it's really windy and or curvy and bumpy roads but otherwise going from last setting works just great most of time

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
another curt echo user here, it's been great, i'll throw it up on the phone if it's really windy and or curvy and bumpy roads but otherwise going from last setting works just great most of time
As it should if you haven't changed the weight or how the weight is distributed in/on the trailer. That's where I'd suspect a bluetooth "failure" or disconnect shouldn't impact things - it should work from your last settings - IF I understand the Echo operation correctly.

Jt-wrx

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 sport s 6spd
As it should if you haven't changed the weight or how the weight is distributed in/on the trailer. That's where I'd suspect a bluetooth "failure" or disconnect shouldn't impact things - it should work from your last settings - IF I understand the Echo operation correctly.
yup that's how it works, i should have added that i throw the app up on the phone just to have the big button to push for manual additional braking application if things are sketchy on the road...but most of the time i don't need the button showing, my tunes or google maps usually showing, the last settings remembered always and working in the background

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
So it looks like the Redarc is out of stock, I've looked a couple of places.....any issues with the Curt controller? What harness has you used with the Curt and did you have to modify it?
I just picked up a little RV trailer and would like to take it for a trial if the dealer ever gets my jt back to me.
Thanks
Scratch
Sponsored