Trim Levels, is it worth it?

Casique

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HA Gladiator, 2011 FLHX, 2022 MDX
For me, TRIM depends on intended use. My HAJT is for commuting only. Need confort and capability to deal with poor weather. I got full time 4x4 and anti-spin rear. The HA is the perfect trim for me.
Sponsored

Jeffg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I have been doing nearly 2 months of research at this point on which trim to buy on a Gladiator I plan on getting as soon as I move in a few weeks.

I am up between the Overland trim and the Mojave trim. My end game build with this is to be able to run 35's with a modest 2.5-3.5" lift, and do some weekend warrior overlanding with a rooftop tent or maybe pull a small camper eventually but still daily drive it to work.

If I go with the overland I'll obviously feel more pressured to lift and put 35's on it ASAP, plus I'll likely opt for the leather seats + 8.5" radio package.

With the Mojave, the stock 33's and small 1" lift might hold me over since it's more "off-road capable" right out the gate, and lead me to getting a tent earlier and some lights. But it'll be the cloth interior and probably not the upgraded radio.

It seems the Sport S Max Tow is in general the option for people wanting to do their own mods/lift/etc, but that option isn't available in all the dealerships near me and I'd prefer to drive something off the lot. So ultimately, people who have bought less "loaded" Rubicons/Mojave/etc, if you could redo it, would you have gone with a nicer interior/creature comfort options package and just done the bigger tires/lift yourself? Note: I know people end up probably going Rubicon for the gears, but outside of that...
Get a Rubicon because of the proven resale value of the name. Period. And don't option it up too much.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Get a Rubicon because of the proven resale value of the name. Period. And don't option it up too much.
They literally all have the same amazing resale value... it *seems* like Rubicon is better because they're more expensive to begin with. This has been debunked in countless Wrangler posts.

My recommendation, don't buy your vehicle with your resale plans, buy it for your needs.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
They literally all have the same amazing resale value... it *seems* like Rubicon is better because they're more expensive to begin with. This has been debunked in countless Wrangler posts.

My recommendation, don't buy your vehicle with your resale plans, buy it for your needs.
Yes.

Again, if Rubicon had more resale value, the leasing residuals would be higher on them. Banks are solely in the money business. They know what they're doing.

Two used Gladiators, one a Sport and the other a Rubicon, with all else being equal may see the Rubicon sell for $3,000 more money. But, if the original sale price of that Rubicon was $7,000 more than that Sport, who ended up with the best resale?

Exactly.

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
I went full factory load to order. Its expensive obviously . But i will have benefit of it and will help resale. Only thing i regret getting was the big black box behind the mirror . Be handy on long trips but I dont use it for long trips. I pull behind a motorhome or use my superduty or mercedes for hwy.

Rubicon with the aux switches , heated seats and wheel and best stereo. Are all must haves .
The little alpine bluetooth behind the seat is cute . But it doesnt sound good and doesnt last long. Whisper quiet its fine.
Jeep Gladiator Trim Levels, is it worth it? image

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Cadenza, 2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S
I went full factory load to order. Its expensive obviously . But i will have benefit of it and will help resale. Only thing i regret getting was the big black box behind the mirror . Be handy on long trips but I dont use it for long trips. I pull behind a motorhome or use my superduty or mercedes for hwy.

Rubicon with the aux switches , heated seats and wheel and best stereo. Are all must haves .
The little alpine bluetooth behind the seat is cute . But it doesnt sound good and doesnt last long. Whisper quiet its fine.
$80k? WTF? Are those Canadian dollars? I don't think we can get them that expensive, even with taxes...

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
If I did it all over I'd just get a Mojave and swap wheels and tires to 35s.

My Rubicon suspension swap + leveling kit + wheels and tires is still probably cheaper than the Mojave's I was looking at but then I would have had the locker instead of a LSD and a cool hood ;)

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
To me there’s just 3 models -

Rubicon (slow wheelin)
Mojave (fast wheelin)
All other models are basically sport models with a trim package.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To me there’s just 3 models -

Rubicon (slow wheelin)
Mojave (fast wheelin)
All other models are basically sport models with a trim package.
Max Tow or non Max Tow ;)

Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s a sport model with a package tho. But yeah worthy of mentioning.
Rubi, Mojave, Max Tow, or non Max Tow. That's how they should be identified is what I'm saying :)

slapshota10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Mojave; 2008 Honda S2000
Occupation
Pilot

Just saw you're from BC. That's a lot of loonies! I grew up in Edmonton!

-miko-

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon, Tundra, Nissan NV, '21 Gladiator
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Designer
How is a Mojave more trail capable than a Rubi? More comfortable? Sure. But more Capable? It's designed for more baja, less trail. That's higher speed over sand and some uneven terrain.
Sorry, not vs. the Rubi. I meant as compared to a Base Max Tow due the Mojave's better shocks, locker, stronger frame, etc.

FloridaMan655321

First Name
Lieutenant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave, 1973 F-100 - both manual
Occupation
Lieutenant (not really)
I see you have lots of replies, but I went with Mojave. I ordered mine and specifically went with the cloth seats and didn't upgrade the radio. I'm still happy with the cloth seats. These are a little more tightly stitched than the cloth seats in other vehicles I've seen. It kind of reminds me of my old WRX, which I liked those seats.
As for the radio, to me that was no brainer to leave off. Quite expensive if you're like me, especially for talk radio/podcasts ;)
One thing that I optioned and am really glad I did, was the LED package and the remote-proximity keyless entry . I also like the roll-up tonneau cover, but we will see how long it lasts.
I believe this is how I built mine https://www.jeep.com/bmo.gladiator....D3,A5,UAG,AM2,AD6,HT3,MM3,GXD,CSD,ABR,XMF,23D
I actually wanted this in the gator color with black fenders and roof, but that color is no longer available and I thought blue didn't look that great with those fenders, so went with colored ones. Now that there is Nacho and Sarge, I might have gone with one of those colors with the black fenders/roof.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
PRoven? No. I've checked. That's a myth. Especially around here. Wranglers, for example - the Sahara does just as well percentage-wise in resale. It's a feeling, a feel good thing, but if you work the numbers, it's not really holding better. Consider it as a percentage lost over time and it's pretty much a wash. In fact, when I was thinking of trading my then year-old Overland for another level, I found it being an Overland didn't matter to the dealer.
The closest dealers don't even have JT Rubicon on the lot, they sell a lot more Sport than anything else. The dealer I bought from does stock JT Rubicon, but guess what they sell the most of... Sport.
Sponsored