Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I contacted BedRug and they're still working on their product for the Gladiator. They said it will not interfere with the Trail Rails so it'll come up underneath it.

I've had BedRugs before (have one in my Raptor) and I really like the product. It's super durable and it's not black rubber so it doesn't get boiling hot which is a problem in the summer especially here in Arizona.

They design their BedRugs to fit all the features like tie down loops, bed lights, power outlets, etc. so I'm waiting to see what they come up with.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I contacted BedRug and they're still working on their product for the Gladiator. They said it will not interfere with the Trail Rails so it'll come up underneath it.

I've had BedRugs before (have one in my Raptor) and I really like the product. It's super durable and it's not black rubber so it doesn't get boiling hot which is a problem in the summer especially here in Arizona.

They design their BedRugs to fit all the features like tie down loops, bed lights, power outlets, etc. so I'm waiting to see what they come up with.
Bedrug is out unless you're waiting for a specific product of theirs.....
20190926_121204.jpg

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
I’ve had two Bedrugs. One on a 2012 F150, then another on a 2015 Ram 1500. Both did an excellent job of protecting the bed. They are made of a polypropylene material that doesn’t interact with oils and is easy to pressure wash. It also makes for a great finished look to the bed. I’ve used it for carrying gravel, lumber, and mulch. It held up great and didn’t interfere with my truck being a truck. It also gives some moderate protection from dings. I dropped a toolbox on it once and the bed suffered no damage.

I give BedRug a full endorsement however, IMO, a spray in bed liner is still the best way to protect the bed. I might go as far as to use both.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve had two Bedrugs. One on a 2012 F150, then another on a 2015 Ram 1500. Both did an excellent job of protecting the bed. They are made of a polypropylene material that doesn’t interact with oils and is easy to pressure wash. It also makes for a great finished look to the bed. I’ve used it for carrying gravel, lumber, and mulch. It held up great and didn’t interfere with my truck being a truck. It also gives some moderate protection from dings. I dropped a toolbox on it once and the bed suffered no damage.

I give BedRug a full endorsement however, IMO, a spray in bed liner is still the best way to protect the bed. I might go as far as to use both.
You are correct about Bedrug and how well they look, hold up and function and, they don't get burning hot like a black rubber mat.

I agree with your suggestion of putting it over a spray-in bed liner - I got the factory spray in and it works very well at protecting the box from corrosion and scratches and helps keep stuff from sliding all over but...it acts like sandpaper and gets stuff on it and it gets super hot too (black color like the black rubber mats).

I'll be doing Bedrug over the spray-in bed liner unless there's an issue with their design as it'll have to work with the Trail Rails, bed tie down loops, bed lights and power outlet (I'm confident they'll make it work for all that).

They do a really nice job of covering the bed interior...

ex_q80_w700_h500_bedrug-bedliners-16.jpg

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Got an update today from Valeria Hunt at Bedrug, "The Engineers are telling us after the first of the year."

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase

So in a case like mine where I haul car parts - transmissions that may leak a bit of ATF, an engine that may drop a touch of oil, or heads that are greasy, etc. - these can be cleaned? Pressure washed?

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So in a case like mine where I haul car parts - transmissions that may leak a bit of ATF, an engine that may drop a touch of oil, or heads that are greasy, etc. - these can be cleaned? Pressure washed?
Yes but if it were me, I’d put the parts in or on something first

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Yes but if it were me, I’d put the parts in or on something first
Thank you - I totally agree - pieces of corrugated cardboard, old tarps from Walmart, whatever. Thanks.
Glad to hear I could fire up my pressure washer with some soap and clean it, though.
This could be one of those accessories I do for it. Great informative posts.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
5572384F-71E8-41EA-86D8-C408F2126400.jpeg
8EEEFF97-F63C-4FD2-A601-698EA78C3FD4.jpeg
A6BC944E-A29C-4477-AC0F-546EBD636126.jpeg
4F88C742-0B27-4373-A6E3-93A82DDFC521.jpeg
02897944-74FF-48C7-906C-FE4913264F91.jpeg
EC9D8BB4-FF6F-424C-A1FA-15A776505A11.jpeg
See attached pictures of my bed and tailgate mats. For the bed mat I measured and then cut it. That was the easy part. The tailgate mat was a small strain on the brain. As you know there’s a square section in the center that is held down by 4 screws. And there’s also a rectangular shaped cover over the top of the tailgate with a tad more screws. So I cut three rubber sections for my tailgate. For the bottom section I could only bolt them down near the center of the tailgate as there is a solid support section inside the tailgate, makes it impossible to reach in and attach nuts to the bottom section. But really no problem there as the bottom just hangs down when the tailgate is up.

For the square center cover and for the rectangular shaped upper cover I drilled holes through the mats and then through the covers. I then bolted the square and rectangular rubber sections to the square and rectangular covers. I then drilled holes through those 2 rubber covers right over where each screw is. That way I could insert an allen wrench through my holes and then screw each metal cover screw into place. I finished off the bottom section of the tailgate with a stick on felt pad as I could not shut the tailgate if I ran the rubber that far down on the tailgate.

Really pleased with the end result.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Received and installed the Dee Zee bed mat today

20200114_154306.jpg
Sponsored