Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Willys, 2021 Audi Q3
Occupation
Trauma Surgery Physician Assistant
Received and installed the Dee Zee bed mat today

20200114_154306.jpg
How do you like it? Is it heavy enough that it doesn't blow around when driving at interstate speeds?
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
How do you like it? Is it heavy enough that it doesn't blow around when driving at interstate speeds?
Does fine at highways speeds. This is not the first DeeZee bed mat I have owned and all the others have had no issues in other applications and I expect no difference with this one.

Doolin64

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Audi A4
I had the Deezee mat in my F150 and loved it. I'm one of the people who like the fact that stuff doesn't slide around because if the mat. I ended up saving the bed mat from F150 that I traded in and cut it down.

20200112_181256.jpg

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Hello All, newbie here. Been lurking from the outside and following this thread for a while. Now that peeps are getting their rubber bed mats in, whats the opinion here between SmartLiner and DeeZee? Unless I'm wrong, those are the only two companies I've seen offering a fitted "rubber" mat.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @P.Lo suggest you check out my post number 59 in this thread. Lots of pictures and I tell ya, my mat works great. Was a bitch to cut but the end result was sooo worth it.

Hello All, newbie here. Been lurking from the outside and following this thread for a while. Now that peeps are getting their rubber bed mats in, whats the opinion here between SmartLiner and DeeZee? Unless I'm wrong, those are the only two companies I've seen offering a fitted "rubber" mat.

Sponsored

4S50

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Sportsman of Leisure
I used a stall mat from Tractor Supply. Under $50 and plenty cushy!

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous 50 Willys, 76 CJ
Build Thread
Link
I purchased the Smartliner. Had the DeeZee in my last truck and believe this mat is thiner/lighter material. It is also made with a lip or maybe better description would be a flare (see sample pic) all the way around so it does not sit perfectly flat on the edges. Personally I don't mind this on the front and back but I could see it being an issue or catching as you slide items across your tailgate and into the bed.

Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 5.37.16 AM.png

IMG_2783.JPG

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
I purchased the Smartliner. Had the DeeZee in my last truck and believe this mat is thiner/lighter material. It is also made with a lip or maybe better description would be a flare (see sample pic) all the way around so it does not sit perfectly flat on the edges. Personally I don't mind this on the front and back but I could see it being an issue or catching as you slide items across your tailgate and into the bed.
Screen Shot 2020-02-02 at 5.37.16 AM.png

IMG_2783.JPG
I'm looking at the Smartliner too right now ... model K0459.

https://www.amazon.com/SMARTLINER-K0459-Rugged-Rubber-Gladiator/dp/B081S2GDZ1

How's fitment in the bed? Are there gaps? One review I saw suggested that the liner was off by 1.5" or so.

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Russler

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I have the Smartliner and it is meant for JTs without the sprayed in bedliner. I have the bedliner and the Smartliner doesn't lay flat and it's a hair long so I really need to slam the tailgate shut.
Good point. I do not have the spray in liner.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I have the Smartliner and it is meant for JTs without the sprayed in bedliner. I have the bedliner and the Smartliner doesn't lay flat and it's a hair long so I really need to slam the tailgate shut.
With how much space the spray Liner would take up, is it not just an easy trim of an 1/8" or so?

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
With how much space the spray Liner would take up, is it not just an easy trim of an 1/8" or so?
Yes. You could trim it no problem. I don't mind the rear and sides to be curled up a little to fit but I will definitely be trimming the edge closest to the tailgate.

Steppenwolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX 350; 2016 Hellcat Challenger; 2020 Gladiator Rubicon.
Thanks for pointing that out ... I DO have the spray-in bed liner.

Would trimming help? And if so, how much could you trim off either end of the Smartliner to still a ensure a non-gappy fitment?
Sponsored