First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
I got my eye on a 21 Mojave, it's been sitting on the dealer lot for over a year...Is this a reason for concern?
Sponsored

iammacey

First Name
Macey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT4, Fiesta ST, Gladiator LE
You've gone to look at it physically? I would assume it's either optioned in a way that lacks appeal or the dealer is asking over MSRP and can't move it. Though I would also assume that would be the case with all their inventory.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Probably because not much need for a Mojave in VA. There's a few details like double welded frame in parts, but if you're not getting into the frame like that so what?

You can buy those Mojave shocks after market, and the after market versions are adjustable.

Sponsored

Sonoran_Mohavey

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Real Estate Development
My Mojave was on the lot here in Colorado for 6 months. Had the same Q as you. Came down to most people here don’t choose that trim and price was a bit too high.

use the former point to fix the latter. “I’ll buy this truck today or it can sit another year”

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Probably because not much need for a Mojave in VA. There's a few details like double welded frame in parts, but if you're not getting into the frame like that so what?

You can buy those Mojave shocks after market, and the after market versions are adjustable.
Somebody would buy it for just the hood scoop and rear fox shocks that look like you have dual rear shocks, if it was priced right. Its got to be high. really high.

OP
OP
Gully Washer

Gully Washer

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mojave
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for all the responses...I will admit it is priced high ($67800 out the door), they have budged a little on the price, but considering how long it's been on their lot you would think they would be more flexible.

Sdsteph

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non UAW
Thanks for all the responses...I will admit it is priced high ($67800 out the door), they have budged a little on the price, but considering how long it's been on their lot you would think they would be more flexible.
They must be trying to get back their losses instead of cutting their losses. My Mojave sat on the lot for 4 months and I got 4k of sticker and they gave me over sticker for my sport s trade. At the time they had 3 mojaves and a few others.

jeepin48

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Overland 3.0L
Occupation
Engineer
Cant you order one cheaper than $67,800?

If you go to negotiate that I would tell them you have seen it on the lot for months and the only way you would touch it is if they replace BOTH batteries and they give it to you for X% over dealer invoice.

Sponsored

Glad_he_ate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator Willie's ecodiesel
Occupation
Union electrician
Local dealer has 3 of them here all around 62k ish I believe one has been there for 3 months the others just arrived. They also as of my last visit had 4 eco diesels

Dlish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mojave
Occupation
Plastics
Also, depending on build date it might fall into the leaking axle seal thread.

Is the price options from the factory? or dealer "add ons" that are stupidly overpriced. And keep in mind 2022 are hitting the lots now. So your depreciation is even larger the moment you drive off the lot in a 21.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
For 67800 that thing better be fully loaded plus some add ons, mine was about 58k OTD when I ordered it. Then they listed my trade in Sport S at 47k 🤣

Mofo67

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Are there any aftermarket parts added? I would think a fully loaded Mojave would be around $63k? Even with VA taxes they are way high. What else are they adding to the OTD price, other than TTT and doc fee?

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Cant you order one cheaper than $67,800?

If you go to negotiate that I would tell them you have seen it on the lot for months and the only way you would touch it is if they replace BOTH batteries and they give it to you for X% over dealer invoice.
Big time. I think anything close to $60 MSRP has every option box checked.
Sponsored