up to 7% off invoice in NC

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Yay! Great find. That rocks. You know, this is a pretty good truck. I'm wondering what it drives like skinny with manual. I was always told get wide and get the best gearing etc. But if this thing is good straight stock sport... That could be cheap jeep bad ass just simplest build. Another option. Lol. So now it's anything from sport nothing to Rubi everything. LMAO.
I think stock manual is going to be like an old International: too slow for the road, too fast for the field..... It will be an interesting ride, but it's attitude will be undecided, like it doesn't know what it wants to be when it goes up.

However, if you're going to NC to pick it up and drive it home it would be the best fuel economy.... Needed a tie to the original thread so this doesn't become hijacked.

All that to say: the 6% to 7% off invoice COULD be with travelling for depending on individual build and efforts you are willing to expend. Your time has value, too.
Sponsored

homerun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 XJ, 2004 Ford Ranger, 2013 Subaru Impreza, 1996 HD Springer Softtail, past jeep 1995 YJ
I think stock manual is going to be like an old International: too slow for the road, too fast for the field..... It will be an interesting ride, but it's attitude will be undecided, like it doesn't know what it wants to be when it goes up.

However, if you're going to NC to pick it up and drive it home it would be the best fuel economy.... Needed a tie to the original thread so this doesn't become hijacked.

All that to say: the 6% to 7% off invoice COULD be with travelling for depending on individual build and efforts you are willing to expend. Your time has value, too.
What are you basing your manual predictions on? Have you driven a m/t JL? Also are you saying the m/t will get better MPGs than the auto? Everything I have read is the opposite of what you are saying. I heard nice gearing and one less mpg. Getting the m/t is an emotional decision for me not logical but I still want to hear all the cons so I am prepared for my choice.

Lanyard

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
We
What are you basing your manual predictions on? Have you driven a m/t JL? Also are you saying the m/t will get better MPGs than the auto? Everything I have read is the opposite of what you are saying. I heard nice gearing and one less mpg. Getting the m/t is an emotional decision for me not logical but I still want to hear all the cons so I am prepared for my choice.
Your research is correct. Fuel Economy.gov lists the 2019 JLU at 20MPG in the 8 spd auto and 19MPG in the 6 spd manual. I regret my misinformation or the allusion I had knowledge of unpublished data.

Any fuel economy difference between the stock Sport and Sport MaxTow will likely come from gear ratio and wheel/tire combination. Published MPG will vary regardless based on personal driving habits and use of vehicle.

So if you order from the good people at Tri-City in North Carolina you may or may not save money driving the vehicle home as fuel economy is dependent upon multiple variables, many of which are not yet published, regardless of your transmission choice.

IF you do choose the manual option AND order from Travis, then perhaps the logic of choosing the potentially less fuel efficient manual is that buying from Travis offsets the comparable JLUs extra .3 gals per 100 mile usage.

Give Travis a call... and Raleigh is a bit closer to Tri-City Jeep than Charlotte if you're flying in.

Travis, any preference which airport you pick us up at in Jeep Gladiators? I'll be driving back through Eden on my way to Minneapolis :)

Leah@TriCityJeep

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Leah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.14jeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
New Order Manager
We

Your research is correct. Fuel Economy.gov lists the 2019 JLU at 20MPG in the 8 spd auto and 19MPG in the 6 spd manual. I regret my misinformation or the allusion I had knowledge of unpublished data.

Any fuel economy difference between the stock Sport and Sport MaxTow will likely come from gear ratio and wheel/tire combination. Published MPG will vary regardless based on personal driving habits and use of vehicle.

So if you order from the good people at Tri-City in North Carolina you may or may not save money driving the vehicle home as fuel economy is dependent upon multiple variables, many of which are not yet published, regardless of your transmission choice.

IF you do choose the manual option AND order from Travis, then perhaps the logic of choosing the potentially less fuel efficient manual is that buying from Travis offsets the comparable JLUs extra .3 gals per 100 mile usage.

Give Travis a call... and Raleigh is a bit closer to Tri-City Jeep than Charlotte if you're flying in.

Travis, any preference which airport you pick us up at in Jeep Gladiators? I'll be driving back through Eden on my way to Minneapolis :)
Greensboro (GSO) is the closest airport to us. Raleigh (RDU) is the next closest.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
We

So my decision is based on plywood as follows:

it's the political price I'm willing to pay... Not the actual that will make the determination.

Yes, I am aware of that being nonsense.

Somewhere in my lizard brain I cannot pay above a certain amount and it has to be out the door.

So once I have it, I am totally unconcerned about mpg.

I'll take a road trip roady just on the principle of the thing.

When I have a new *Jeep*Truck*, it's "Honey you coming with to the Tricity or I'll see you in a week's time!

Yes, this thing has serious turd potential. She's big and nose heavy and encumbered with tech. That is primary reason for 4:10. I'm it's the only thing short of what these fellers call an ecodiesel that has the ratio to give JT some get up and go.

However, I do not drive Jeep to have a smooth shifting experience like butter cunnilinguous. That I would pay actual money for.

I drive Jeep for the singular purpose of badass jeep truck.

So which is more bad ass? 4:10 Max Tow for ?price, or, stock rock at ?Price, or distinguished old guy in a beautiful overland at ?price, or a manual Rubi for wide track debadged for ?price.

Who knows.

What are your options?

Sponsored

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
Just spoke with their sales team and left a deposit for a Gladiator!

Can't wait...

Last edited:

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Demon Motor Swap,2018 JLUR RIPP S/C, 2015 JKUR 392 swap w RIPP S/C, 2020 Porsche Macan S, 2017 F250 6.7, 2016 Nissan GTR
Vehicle Showcase
Are you gonna super charge your Gladiator?
lol, I'm planning on a hellcat swap but it's not a sure thing yet. Waiting on pricing. If not, Yes I'll be Ripp'ing it but I'll wait until it's done on someone else's gladiator first. I want to enjoy it.

furrymurray

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator SG Rubicon
lol, I'm planning on a hellcat swap but it's not a sure thing yet. Waiting on pricing. If not, Yes I'll be Ripp'ing it but I'll wait until it's done on someone else's gladiator first. I want to enjoy it.
Sounds like we should hang out. Will you be my friend? LOL!

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
What's the max amount I can.put down as a deposit with a credit card? I want to take advantage of my cash back bonuses!

Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
That’s probably a question for your dealership and/or your credit card company.

eddybarba

First Name
eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What's the max amount I can.put down as a deposit with a credit card? I want to take advantage of my cash back bonuses!
I tried that... They don't take cc for deposit, only debit cards or check. I would think once we do financing we can give down payment with cc. I've never seen a dealer accept more than $5000 on a cc, they may be different though.

Oodaloop

First Name
Bora
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Saturn Sky Redline
I'm curious, is this a intro promotion that will last a limited time, or this 7% below invoice going to be an on-going thing for your dealership? I ask because if I do purchase this vehicle it probably won't be until a year after it is released.

Leah@TriCityJeep

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Leah
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.14jeep.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
New Order Manager
I'm curious, is this a intro promotion that will last a limited time, or this 7% below invoice going to be an on-going thing for your dealership? I ask because if I do purchase this vehicle it probably won't be until a year after it is released.
This pricing will be ongoing. We have had similar pricing for the last year on the JL's & recently increased the discount with the stipulation option of financing. We do not forsee making any changes.

Bravo Foxtrot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Tacoma
His list of people with deposits just got longer by 1. ME. I think if your buying one might as well get on the list before the rush. After pricing is released that list will grow FAST. 500 bucks as a deposit on the best price you can get...no brainer. Now, if only I know what “late availablity” meant. Oh well. Hopefully mine will be on the first truck of Punk’n.
Sponsored