Sponsored

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
TV/Film Sound Utility Technician
7/24/2020 - Purchased 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon with upgraded Mud Tires I didn't even want.

7/26 - Hit the trail. Plowed it through the mud a bunch of times. It was covered in mud for sure and killed the alternator. Had it towed to the closest Jeep dealership. Russell Westbrook of Van Nuys.

@7/28 - Dealership told me that it was going to cost (starting at) $3K to fix my truck. Nothing was going to be covered under warranty. They wanted to start at replacing the alternator, radiator and both batteries. I wasn’t happy with this so I called the dealership I bought it from and they told me to have it towed to them.

7/30 - had it towed to the dealership I bought it from. They replaced the alternator and I was only charged a small deductible and told me that everything was all good with my warranty still. They didn't see the need to replace the radiator of the batteries.

8/6 - Picked my truck up from the dealership

10/31 - I notice my rear center brake light is out

11/5 - I notice that the Auto Stop/Start isn’t working which means that there is a battery issue

11/7 - my rear axles appear to be engaging in 2H while driving on the freeway at 70MPH. Once I slow down I realize that they are in fact locking up. I can’t unlock them if I try. I ended up fishtailing on two separate occasions while getting onto the freeway on dry California pavement.

11/9 - dropped it off at my dealership and pick up a rental car

11/12 - They tell me that they need to replace the entire rear axle, both batteries and fix the short that is in the taillight but there is a restriction that was put on my factory warranty that says that no repairs can be made and the extended warranty that I had purchased also won’t cover it since they say that the factory warranty should be covering it.

11/13 -FCA tells me that there was a restriction put on my truck by a dealership (the first dealership that I took it to) I call the dealership and they assure me that they don’t have the power to do that.

11/14-12/1 - I am being bounced around from FCA to both of the dealerships that Ive been to to talked to General Managers of stores and on 12/1 FCA calls me and says that there is nothing that they can do about removing the restriction on the factory warranty because I "submerged" it in mud (it was less than a foot deep)

Jeep Gladiator VOIDED Factory Warranty after taking it through mud IMG_0009
Jeep Gladiator VOIDED Factory Warranty after taking it through mud IMG_4559

I have 4500 miles on it and the restriction on my warranty was placed on day 5 of ownership.

I think it’s time to get a lawyer. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JCHGlad

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR
Occupation
Real Estate sales/Development
Exactly how much mud are we talking about, because the Jeep can ford water too,but it’s not a submersible...one is a warranty issue, one is an insurance issue.....no I’m not defending the dealership or saying you are wrong but I do think it’s a fair question.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
I can only imagine what "took it through mud" might be skimping on a detail or two. That's a tremendous amount of collateral damage. Not taking sides, but I think you might be minimizing the event a tad. But I wasn't there.
you got me...I have since updated the post. Thank you for keeping me honest. :LOL:

Plowed it through the mud a bunch of times. It was covered in mud for sure and killed the alternator.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Ugh. I’m really growing sick and fcuking tired of these asshat dealers....and FCA’s utter lack of willingness to take care of their customers.

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Just curious how this could be a warranty issue when they can probably prove the issues were caused by the mud. Not a fan of dealers but this seems pretty cut and dry in their favor.

OP
OP
Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
@Gladiatrix Which dealerships are you referring to in California? I'm sorry to hear about the hassle you are going through. Super frustrating.
Russell Westbrook of Van Nuys...they are the WORST!! They are the ones that are responsible for putting the restriction on my ENTIRE factory warranty. Started off as just a restriction on my engine...then somewhere somehow they put it on the entire truck. Russel Westbrook were pissed when I said I was taking the truck to the dealership I bought the truck from.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Mud in the alternator does NOT justify voiding the remainder of entire factory warranty.

Further, what's aggravating is the run around the OP is dealing with between FCA and the two dealers....some one of those three is responsible for this warranty voiding....that party should step up and own it.

OP
OP
Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Mud in the alternator does NOT justify voiding the remainder of entire factory warranty.

Further, what's aggravating is the run around the OP is dealing with between FCA and the two dealers....some one of those three is responsible for this warranty voiding....that party should step up and own it.
I have been told about 5 different stories about who is responsible. But the common denominator is Russel Westbrook of Van Nuys. It's a bunch of finger pointing from FCA and zero solutions from them but "sorry there is nothing we can do"

OP
OP
Gladiatrix

Gladiatrix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Just curious how this could be a warranty issue when they can probably prove the issues were caused by the mud. Not a fan of dealers but this seems pretty cut and dry in their favor.
So my rear locker sensor going out in November (which is a super common problem) is because I went through mud in July??
Sponsored