Sponsored

Waiting on a flatbed. ECT and oil pressure alerts……

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator HA Diesel, 21 Silverado LT Diesel
Occupation
CTO
Getting ready for Silver Lake and some sand dune running next week. Tanked up our Glad and washed it. On the way to the parts store for a jug of DEF (half empt) and the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. ETC and oil pressure. Engine still running but stumbles. I immediately pull over and switch to the oil pressure gauge. Running 22lbs. I pull onto a side street, find a better parking spot and turn her off. Wait a couple minutes and start it again. It cranks longer than usual but does start. Still an ETC alert and oil pressure. Gauge shows 16lbs at idle. I CAREFULLY drive the two blocks to the house and shut it down. Voicemail left at the dealership and then I call Jeep Wave. They were really nice and helpful. Flatbed will be here in 30 minutes to take it to the dealership. I’m going to chase them so I can fill out the paperwork and drop off the key.

Silver Lake is canceled for next weekend. Eve if it’s a “computer glitch” I’m going to be a little gun shy for a while…..

I‘ll report what the dealer says……

ETA - 22,300 miles. Also, service manager called me. They’re going to look at it tomorrow. It’s of course under full warranty, plus I know the dealership owner pretty well. I’m not worried, but I want my “baby” fixed!
Sponsored

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO
The ETC and oil pressure alerts were clear when we started it up to put it on the flatbed. Just a CEL. When we unloaded it at the dealership for the next start even the CEL cleared. I’m interested in what they tell me tomorrow……

I will say that my experience with Jeep Wave was great!

Maximus Gladius

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction, Gold Mining, Surface Engineer
My guess is with the ECL cleared, they won’t find any problem. Seems to be that way with misfire ECL’s that self heal. Good luck with the dealership and hope they find the problem.

CrazyCooter

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.overlandvehicledynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
1991 JEEP YJ, 2021 JTR Ecodiesel
Occupation
Specialty Off Road Shop Owner
Also check for yourself when you get it back that the wiring harness along the frame under the passenger's feet is not rubbing on the exhaust heat shield. Only one of three ecodiesel trucks I've had in the shop was rubbing.

Sponsored

OP
OP
IOS-XR

IOS-XR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
CTO
The wiring harness issue on the passenger side was the problem. The dealership is going to wrap the harness in that area and try to move it further from the exhaust and heat shield. I’ll have it back tomorrow.

The service manager said she was going to say something to her upstream about a service notice.

Thanks guys!

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift

SaplingT

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Construction
Just pulled my wheel well liner and checked my harness at the exhaust on the passenger side. Glad I did! It was well on its way of chaffing through! Glad I read this on here! Zip tied up and out of the way and back together in about 20 minutes.
Sponsored