Sponsored

We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave”

As a Gladiator owner, do you want to wave at Wranglers?

• Total voters
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the Guam ride along!
It's tricky directing traffic on Guam... If you get too many people on one side, it might capsize...

And this dumbass is actually STILL a sitting US Senator... This is why our country is in shambles, because people keep electing these retards!

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little new to this - just a few weeks into my new Gladiator, my first ever Jeep with this kind of body style. My previous Jeeps were decades ago - 70's and 80's big Cherokees, Cherokee Chiefs, and Wagoneers, and we weren't in on the Jeep wave thing. Fast forward to now, I've found waves to be common. Even when I'm approaching a Wrangler, male or female, they're often the first to wave. I've started waving at all Jeeps when it's convenient and safe. We were on the Blue Ridge Parkway in a tunnel last weekend, and an oncoming Jeep was obvious because of the headlights but it was dark so what's the point, right? The other jeep gave two quick horn beeps as it went by, which BTW sounded pretty cool in a tunnel! I'll have to remember that one if it ever happens again.

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
I drive a transit bus all day so sometimes I'll see a jeep and get ready to wave and realize I'm in an eldorado national.:facepalm:
HaHa!!! We run school buses and tend to wave at buses no matter what we are driving. With that we wave at other buses no matter what company they are from. It builds a sense of community and who knows we might need each other some day. Or even just a little help in traffic.
Kind of like Jeeps and other off road vehicles. If you wave at like minded people and you tend to be around them more you can foster a sense of community. Then if something goes wrong, maybe one of that community will help you. I know that they tend to be pretty good on the trail, but what about a flat tire or other issue on the side of the interstate? Don't just laugh as you pass that broken down Raptor, see if you can help, that could be you next time. Help if you can.
Didn't mean to go off topic, but the wave helps foster community which is important and lost in today's age.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
And this dumbass is actually STILL a sitting US Senator... This is why our country is in shambles, because people keep electing these retards!

I'm staying silent as possible since my prediction is already out there. So you'll have the floor for another 90 days before 8 or 16 years of .. you know I love you bro but It's going to be 45-5 shellacking! And that's just the states. Not counting Guam. :LOL::CWL::LOL: also, somebody on here told me not to insult faux news fanboys, so I won't. But if it's about the numbers, more people have covid now in America than watch the propaganda channel! I'm reading you, quietly, until then... :lipssealed::rock::like: USA! USA!! USA!!!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
More people have covid-19 because "It's America and you can't tell me what to do" and too few are doing the smart thing. AND, some of our cities have more people or are more densly populated than some other countries.

Here, too many think only of themselves, no one else. (uh, the big parties in our area, followed by multiple break-outs of the virus - fools. Gotta party - damn the consequences, nope, can't get me. Really? So now you have given it to your old mama - was that party worth it?
I hope to hold out until there's a vaccine that works.
Let others be dumb.
Our ancestors would be spinning in their graves -

In the meantime, since it's a wave and not a handshake.......if more people waved and were friendly, maybe, just maybe........ well, one can hope.

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm staying silent as possible since my prediction is already out there. So you'll have the floor for another 90 days before 8 or 16 years of .. you know I love you bro but It's going to be 45-5 shellacking! And that's just the states. Not counting Guam. :LOL::CWL::LOL: also, somebody on here told me not to insult faux news fanboys, so I won't. But if it's about the numbers, more people have covid now in America than watch the propaganda channel! I'm reading you, quietly, until then... :lipssealed::rock::like: USA! USA!! USA!!!
I don't watch Faux news... I don't trust ANY mainstream media. They're all paid operation mockingbird puppets.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I don't watch Faux news... I don't trust ANY mainstream media. They're all paid operation mockingbird puppets.
I can't watch any cable news - we can't get cable here, thank goodness!
I stopped watching the mainstream evening news about 6 years ago. Especially after I read a study from a Berkley professor and his team about journalists.
IT should be who, what, when, where. But when any news starts saying "we'll explain it all to you" or "we'll make sense of it for you" or try to say WHY something happened or someone did something, it's no longer news.
If they'd stick to who, what, when, where, I might watch again.
But when they say "why" - they lose me. That's an objective piece.

P.Lo

First Name
Philippe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
There are no news channels, they are entertainment and propaganda companies. The Weather channel is about the only thing left of "news".
If you think for a second that you watch the real news....... well my friend, they got ya!
Hook
Line
and sinker!!!

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
There are no news channels, they are entertainment and propaganda companies. The Weather channel is about the only thing left of "news".
If you think for a second that you watch the real news....... well my friend, they got ya!
Hook
Line
and sinker!!!
Even the weather channel jumped the shark when they started naming winter storms. Even the national weather service came out against them and said it was diluting the news

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Well I had a family in law member tell me the weather than was fake because it mentioned climate change so there's a fun argument i had following that statement.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well I had a family in law member tell me the weather than was fake because it mentioned climate change so there's a fun argument i had following that statement.
"Climate Change" does exist... Because the climate changes 4 times a year... Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter. But "Global Warming" and "Global Cooling" are made-up bullshit to line the pockets of the rich, and giving the EPA (government) more power and control over things, by feeding off the gullibility, fear, & idiocy of the brainwashed masses.

When I was a kid, it was "global cooling"... We were going to be entering the next ice age... 10 years later, it's suddenly getting hotter? Give me break... It was just another way to make Mr. "I invented the interwebs" (Al Gore) even richer...

Just my personal opinion on it.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Climate Change" does exist... Because the climate changes 4 times a year... Spring, Summer, Fall, & Winter. But "Global Warming" and "Global Cooling" are made-up bullshit to line the pockets of the rich, and giving the EPA (government) more power and control over things, by feeding off the gullibility, fear, & idiocy of the brainwashed masses.
Oh man don't start with this. Climate change is happening and i have countless research articles proving it in addition to whats already happened. It has near uniform support from the scientific community as well. This is rare and just goes to show you how the data leads to that conclusion. I studied it for years. The Navy is preparing and working hard to deal with it as its a direct threat to some of our bases. They also have some of the best models for it. Now what proof do you have for the weird conspiracy stuff you said? No, nevermind. This isn't the place for it. This is my happy jeep forum place where i don't have to deal with such things.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
The besss. I love nothing more in this life than thred jacking!!! :like::clap::clap::clap::clap::LOL::CWL::involve::bandit:.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, damnit, its my own fault. I put out an example of someone not even liking the weather channel after someone else said they only can trust the weather channel and then this happened. I'd say ignore my comment and move on with the good stuff: Jeep stuff.
Sponsored