Sponsored

We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave”

As a Gladiator owner, do you want to wave at Wranglers?

• Total voters

brianinca

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Manager
After the JKU came out and got popular, I noticed very aggressive waves from older guys, wanting to make sure the guy in the YJ knew they were real Jeepers and this was just the new one!

I always try to wave. I get 75% of the waves back. Seems like the larger amount of people that don't wave are in newer Jk or JL Wranglers. Even had a driver of a YJ that hung out the side of their Jeep and wave. :jk:
Sponsored

DavdZ

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 2016 Ural 2008 Mercury Mariner
I wave any Jeep that waves at me. I wait for them to wave first, because rather just drive and not wave. But I'm no d!ck and like to be cordial.
Same with me, I don't initiate, but will return one. Same as on my bike

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
No.

Sponsored

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
I'd certainly hope so... Whole lot in-between those parameters. :CWL:

As for work, I know what you mean... I'm an inspector/on-site project manager/coordinator/liason for my company... Trust me, there's plenty of times I feel like I'm nothing more than a glorified babysitter watching the crews do work. And there's times you want to just walk up to them ask "WTF were you thinking when you thought this was a good idea??? Do I need to have you drug-tested?"
So... What's your YouTube channel?

bshillam

First Name
Bryrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.portlandres.com
Vehicle(s)
Over 60 prior. Current 2001 Isuzu Trooper, 2016 BMW 4 series convertible, 2020 Gladiator Max Tow Stingray
Occupation
Real Estate Broker and Yacht Broker, 503-781-9967
If I see them, from CJA to Wranglers and everything in-between and now Gladiators. Part of an exclusive family. It's a Jeep thing. You either get it or you don't.

JohnFinx

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 1988 Cherokee , 1969 Plymouth Satellite Conv
Occupation
Telecom engineer
Vehicle Showcase
MMMII said:
I propose the following “Wave Guidelines” because I do find it fun to be part of the ‘imaginary club’ but at the same time I’m too lazy to pay attention to every Wrangler and JT on the road.

-Waves only apply to qualified vehicles in the oncoming lane next to yours as long as the median of the road is less than the size of a lane on the existing road.

-Waving or responding to a wave during a turn should not be expected.

I'd like to add:

-Missed waves due to being distracted should be excused.

-Waves in hazardous conditions should be suspended. Pay attention to the road!

4jeeps

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Having owned jeeps for 25 years XJ, wk2,KJ. The JT is my first "wave" vehicle. It was pretty fun when I met my first JT and they threw me a wave. Now my daughter I forms me if I miss any.

Whiteknight

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon,2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition White
Occupation
Sales CDJR
As I was driving home today. I noticed a women quickly jumping out of her JK, as she just pulled into a longer driveway, she quickly tuned slightly backward and ackwardly twisted her arm across her body, while grabbing the door with the other hand just to make sure I saw her wave. She may have been from the circus; however, I was very impressed and quickly waved back. Lucky form me my doors were off, so I could act quickly to her heroic move and wave. I am currently enjoying and will continue to enjoy the effort she made. Thank you.

Sponsored

WhippetTaxi

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 410, 2011 BMW 1M, 2001 F250
Occupation
Retired
I always try to wave to Wranglers and other Gladiators. There seem to be a lot of them in our area and I feel guilty if I miss a wave or don’t notice someone in time.

MsKt

First Name
Ktara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Psychotherapist
I suppose that’s part of the reason I like living out in the country. I waive to everybody, no matter what kind of vehicle they’re in, and everyone else does the same. It’s funny, you hear the same thing on motorcycle pages about whether people should always waive to each other or not depending on brand. Hell, I’m just saying “hey” to another human being, don’t care what they’re riding/driving, and I don’t care if they waive back or not!
Me too! Gotta love country living!

sarcasm

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
I’m in MN, so I have to hate WI. Same thing.
I am from North Carolina and I do not hate South Carolina. I look down on them. There is a difference. That said I would move to Charleston SC in a heartbeat if I could find swing it.

As an NC State graduate one of my favorite joys in life is watching a SC Gamecock fan and a NC Tarheel fan argue about which is the real "Carolina". I know it is wrong to gain pleasure from such things but I will just have to live with my faults.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Can't we all be friends
Not if you drive a lime-green JKU in Tallassee, AL... That we cannot be.
I am from North Carolina and I do not hate South Carolina. I look down on them. There is a difference. That said I would move to Charleston SC in a heartbeat if I could find swing it.

As an NC State graduate one of my favorite joys in life is watching a SC Gamecock fan and a NC Tarheel fan argue about which is the real "Carolina". I know it is wrong to gain pleasure from such things but I will just have to live with my faults.
The Germans have a word for that... "Schadenfreude". It means to derive pleasure from someone else's misfortune or pain. ;)
Sponsored