Sponsored

We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave”

As a Gladiator owner, do you want to wave at Wranglers?

• Total voters

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
So are we talking about a Jeep wave or climate change wave?
Sponsored

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
The friction caused between air particles and your hand waving through it result in heat being released into the atmosphere.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
I lose about 1 mpg from waving out the window. So now I do the wave with my fingers on the wheel like the factory recommends.

The friction caused between air particles and your hand waving through it result in heat being released into the atmosphere.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking about batteries so I could get off the grid but they are just as or even more expensive than the panels. I see you're from Iowa. I lived there for 28 years in Sheffield, just south of Mason City. Never heard of Runnels but I see its by Red Rock and not far from Knoxville. I've done a lot of work down by there many years ago and always loved being in town for the Grand Nationals!!!
There's an outfit that sells "backup power" - battery panels. You can add solar panels to keep the batteries charged up and then it acts like an emergency "generator" - instead of a generator running LP or diesel or whatever.
So if it was me I'd do both - batteries to back up the grid when it goes down, panels to keep the batteries charged, and even run off the batteries when we have those extreme hot days or there's a premium on power those days, whatever.
It's more of a backup system, but you could reduce the power you buy from the grid.
My main purpose would be to keep us running in the event some dope loses control and wipes out another power pole (twice now!) - OR, like happens here, too - ice storms take out power and you really wish you had some heat.

I farmed for 7 or so years near Thornton, south of Clear Lake (the 1980s) did shopping in Mason City and Clear Lake. Bowled at Sheffield. Lived about 3 miles west of Swaledale, off I35 a couple of miles.
Oh, yeah - Knoxville raceway. And you know about the Newton track, too, I suppose, NASCAR.
It's a nice area, we're in the country on an acreage, not far from Des Moines river.

Last edited:

red/green hawk

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S with max tow package, 2008 Suburban LTZ
Occupation
ICU Nurse
I farmed for 7 or so years near Thornton, south of Clear Lake (the 1980s) did shopping in Mason City and Clear Lake. Bowled at Sheffield. Lived about 3 miles west of Swaledale, off I35 a couple of miles.
Oh, yeah - Knoxville raceway. And you know about the Newton track, too, I suppose, NASCAR.
It's a nice area, we're in the country on an acreage, not far from Des Moines river.
Wow small world. I went junior high in Thornton in '88 after our 2 schools combined. Lot of friends from that area. Lived in Swaledale for a year or so across from the bank/bar. I would love to move back to the state and find a small acreage. Could've bought one near Garner by the Winnebago before I moved to NM on 3 acres for whopping 18k. Wish I would've pulled the trigger. The bowling alley is gone in Sheffield...well the building is there but they took the lanes out and turned it into a reception/dance hall. My old man still goes up there for happy hour.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
If you drive too fast in the water, you create a wave.
And if you drive too fast on the ice on a lake, you cause a wave beneath the ice and it could grow enough to bust the ice -
Two ways Jeeps make waves.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
I'm glad to see this thread has gone back to what it should be. I have to discuss this stuff enough in my normal life and I don't want to do it here.And yes I realize it was my fault for the derailment.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep Gladiator We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave” Gave-the-Jeep-Wave

Yeah, would hate to have to post this pic -

Jeep Gladiator We need to talk about the “Jeep Wave” thread_cannot_be_saved_by_kittens

RidinDirty

First Name
DJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Today I spotted a JL last second as I was making a turn. So, I waved real quick. Well, that snot nosed lil rich bitch punk yelled out of his window "THAT'S NOT A JEEP":LOL:. His little stock Jeep was sooo filthy, and not from off-road dirt. To each their own, IMO the Gladiator is a JEEP
Hahah, "that's not what your mom said last night"

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
As first time Jeep owners with just over 400 mi on our truck, my wife always gets excited every time somebody waves back; she thinks it's so cool.

fun2drum

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
We took our Karmann Ghia out for a ride around the lake yesterday afternoon and I saw more Jeeps on that trip than I could believe. I think at least four of them were Gladiators. My wife was lauging because I kept waving, forgetting I wasn't in mine, and they were looking at me like I was crazy. Actually one did wave.
Sponsored