First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone find a permanent fix for this?
my AC started barely blowing any amount of air, like it’s stuck on level 1 after a road trip in max ac mode.
There is no permanent fix for the way the flap operates. Check the air filter behind the glove box and make sure it is clear of debris. If the fan operation doesn't return to normal, try a system reboot (disconnect both batteries and ESS ground).
Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Anyone find a permanent fix for this?
my AC started barely blowing any amount of air, like it’s stuck on level 1 after a road trip in max ac mode.
It it possible that your coil was frozen up ? Did it return to normal function after it sat a while ?

camodog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
It did return to normal after sitting overnight.
interstate driving is not kind to the AC system, at times the air becomes warm and then returns to a good cold.
and then, the damn fan acts like it is stuck on level 1.
I would love to just drive all the time with the doors and tops off, but unfortunately the wife and dog would t

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I am guessing that one cold wire a switch in the line that powers the air damper actuator ... Maybe hide it reachable but under the dash and possibly just switch it OFF during interstate travel to stop the system from being able to open and close that damper (when on the interstate) ?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I have a weird condition also. For some reason at 8 months old my battery was dead after sitting for three days. I have nothing running in the back ground that isn't going thru the 4 factory aux switches.

After getting a jump from AAA my display on the 8.4 radio says Climate Control Off. The blower won't work, the AC won't come on and none of the temperatures for each side are displayed at the top of the display anymore. The only thing I have is full heat coming out of the floor vents that gets faster as I drive faster but not controlled by the fan. Tried all the buttons, disconnected battery again in the hopes of resetting something but no luck.

Just another in a long list of issues with this $62K Jeep. I've had 36 other Jeeps no problems and I've had two that were flirting with 300K miles. I guess it was my turn to get a lemon.

Sponsored

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
I have a weird condition also. For some reason at 8 months old my battery was dead after sitting for three days. I have nothing running in the back ground that isn't going thru the 4 factory aux switches.

After getting a jump from AAA my display on the 8.4 radio says Climate Control Off. The blower won't work, the AC won't come on and none of the temperatures for each side are displayed at the top of the display anymore. The only thing I have is full heat coming out of the floor vents that gets faster as I drive faster but not controlled by the fan. Tried all the buttons, disconnected battery again in the hopes of resetting something but no luck.

Just another in a long list of issues with this $62K Jeep. I've had 36 other Jeeps no problems and I've had two that were flirting with 300K miles. I guess it was my turn to get a lemon.
I'm having the same problem, started today when I needed to start. What was wrong with yours, what fixed it?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
I'm having the same problem, started today when I needed to start. What was wrong with yours, what fixed it?
Factory batteries suck. I am on my second one. I had 49 codes and all kinds of issues including total shutdown of climate control all due to battery failure

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Well here is the source of the problem. And huge shout-out to the wifey for driving while I disassemble the Jeep. All these pics are taken behind the glove box.
When the AC is run in recirc mode, there is a baffle that moves in order to recirculate the air. Normally that is in the full up position as in the first picture. On fresh air mode, the baffle is all the way down to get air from the outside. See second picture. But for some reason, the baffle shifts to half open, as in the third picture, sometimes while in recirc mode. I'm assuming this is on purpose, in order to keep the inside air from getting stale

IMG_20190903_130454156.jpg

IMG_20190903_131749534.jpg

IMG_20190903_131734137.jpg
I have a 2020 and this is built by design. Alll of us first year buyers had this conversation for a long time. Turns out that is how the system was designed to function.

steve68

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator, yes
Occupation
Rocket Builder,
Designed to function so you dont pass out at the wheel from carbon dioxide poisoning in the cab!

That was the engineers reply to me! I was like "huh" really you expect me to really to believe this, I asked him then how come all cars aren't built like this? with this exceptional safety factory in mind!!!!

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Sounds like another example of "Overdesign" endemic in modern cars today...These marketers and engineers put too much overkill in design which often leads to complications and inefficiencies...There is a happy medium, some automation is good, it does not logically follow that "ALL" automation is good. Excellent design finds that sweet-spot btwn the 2.

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I have a 2020 and this is built by design. Alll of us first year buyers had this conversation for a long time. Turns out that is how the system was designed to function.
That is what Jeep told us for a couple of years that it was by design.

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rom-floor-under-seat.18168/page-7#post-565959

Then in mid 2021, they came out with TSB 24-007-21 to address it. My 2020 Gladiator had this issue but my July 2021 built Gladiator does not have the issue and seems to have had the updated HVAC module programing.

I would suggest anybody with a early built Gladiator get this HVAC control module software update per the TSB. If still in the 3/36K warranty, should be free.

Attachments

Reactions: Len

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...rom-floor-under-seat.18168/page-7#post-565959

Then in mid 2021, they came out with TSB 24-007-21 to address it. My 2020 Gladiator had this issue but my July 2021 built Gladiator does not have the issue and seems to have had the updated HVAC module programing.

I would suggest anybody with a early built Gladiator get this HVAC control module software update per the TSB. If still in the 3/36K warranty, should be free.
Well thank you for that!! When I bring it in for my next oil change I will have this done.

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

Just had this done today, no more hot/humid air. Thanks for this!

jc99

First Name
jc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD
Anyone who had the 24-007-21 update have a OBD adapter and Jscan or another app, and could check the software version of the module? My dealer says they did the update but there was no change in my HVAC module versions.

Jeep Gladiator Weird climate control issue 1680455565460
Sponsored