Sponsored

Well..I figured sooner or later it was bound to happen.

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer
I live in a highly populated deer area and had many near misses as I travel at 5am to work every morning. One came out of nowhere and I swerved and avoided hitting it head on but she slammed into the side. Amazingly there was no damage but not the same for the deer. Every truck I ever had has been wacked some 2 and 3 times. Got lucky this time.
Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
I live in a highly populated deer area and had many near misses as I travel at 5am to work every morning. One came out of nowhere and I swerved and avoided hitting it head on but she slammed into the side. Amazingly there was no damage but not the same for the deer. Every truck I ever had has been wacked some 2 and 3 times. Got lucky this time.
Glad you're ok!

Replace 'deer' with 'cyclist' and I've had very similar experiences! No dents, but don't drink and cycle, yall! :LOL:

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
Glad your ok ,had a friend have one come through his windshield.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Pics?

Sponsored

Klutch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep Comanche, 2000 Jeep Cherokee
Glad you and your JT are OK.

Colorado has been installing animal fences along roads and Interstates with overpasses and underpasses for the animals to cross. I was skeptical, but by golly, those things really work! My friend's uncle lives in Kremling Colorado. He said he used to see dead, large animals on the highway every single morning when he drove to work. Of course, a lot of them had caused serious crashes with injuries. He said now there are no dead, large animals. None. And, apparently, the local deer, moose and elk have figured out how to cross those underpasses and overpasses.

Yeah, very expensive, but well worth it I think. I hope your area will consider installing animal fences.

OP
OP
Stonesolo

Stonesolo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator sport S
Occupation
Printer

Colorado has been installing animal fences along roads and Interstates with overpasses and underpasses for the animals to cross. I was skeptical, but by golly, those things really work! My friend's uncle lives in Kremling Colorado. He said he used to see dead, large animals on the highway every single morning when he drove to work. Of course, a lot of them had caused serious crashes with injuries. He said now there are no dead, large animals. None. And, apparently, the local deer, moose and elk have figured out how to cross those underpasses and overpasses.

Yeah, very expensive, but well worth it I think. I hope your area will consider installing animal fences.
Would be nice but very unlikely.

chaosjake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR (Dolly/Ahab), 2017 WRX (Hilda)
I've had a lot of close calls with deer, and hit a few. I end up driving to and from New Hampshire in the dark pretty often, and I'm always super cautious about the moose up there. Then I went and hit an 8 point buck in the middle of the city of Boston. Who would have guessed.
Jeep Gladiator Well..I figured sooner or later it was bound to happen. 1643403823007

8 point, less than 40mph. This is why I ordered the steel bumper on my JT, and I'm probably going to slap some sort of hoop on it to help keep the deer out of my radiator.

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

They should install cyclist fences in areas with high bicycle usage.

Maybe they'll learn to stay away from roads too

:LOL: :jk:

FitfulGoat

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE
Occupation
Operations Leadership
They should install cyclist fences in areas with high bicycle usage.

Maybe they'll learn to stay away from roads too

:LOL: :jk:
Or maybe it would keep drivers from using the shoulder as a second or third lane 😂 (cyclists here 🤪)

bakobobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator California
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Doer of things

Oh how about this just north of Colorado. Thats a lotta traffic hazard 😜

AmishMike

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 56 Coronet, 65 Dune Buggy,
Occupation
Whipping boy
Glad that you and the truck are okay. I have not yet hit a deer but have been hit by them 3 times-like you I stop and the next one runs into the side.
We have ~50 vehicles on the road every day and we get a deer or two per year. I am waiting, if I am going to hit something with the bus, I want a bear. You know, make it worth while.
Sponsored