Sponsored

What about a Gladiator flatbed

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
A lot?

OP
OP

Kredit

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 rubicon. 2018 track hawk 2015 f150 King ranch
Can someone create a gladiator flatbed use only aluminum to keep the weight down.

Sponsored

Ian cj10

First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 cj10 pickup ,1983 sj cherokee with 6.2l chev diesel, 1974 cj6 ,1966 willys pick up 1970 dodge challenger 1974 cj5 project 2012 holden colorado
im sure there will be many available just give the fabricators time there will be many configurations

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I really want a Patriot Campers PCOR flatbed. And they are already offering one for the gladiator too!

https://pcor4x4.com.au/aus/pricelists/2019brochure.pdf
They're installing one on the Expedition Overland Gladiator right now, plan to have it with just that in place over summer before adding one of the PCOR boxes on top once it's all built out.

You can see him talk about it in their Instagram Story (not sure how long that will be visible) but they're going to push their reveal to YouTube at some point. Sadly it isn't installed in that clip, so I still don't know how it looks. It's all aluminum, so lightweight, I would want it to be murdered out though.

One interesting detail, the bed/box they're putting on the Gladiator is the same size as the one they have on their Tundra.

Update: The YT Video

Last edited:

TheITGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E, 2021 Toyota Rav4 Limit

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
WOW, betting that goes into No$ebleed territory...
It's amazing to me how much the folks in Australia will pay for this type of stuff. I mean, I think it is built VERY well... but it's curious what stuff can cost. If I were ordering out of AUS on something like this I would definitely go with Patriot Campers, they seem like legit folk (based on their YouTube channel.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Ole Cowboy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 F 450, 17 JK Rubicon RECON, 21 Glady
Occupation
ReTired
It's amazing to me how much the folks in Australia will pay for this type of stuff. I mean, I think it is built VERY well... but it's curious what stuff can cost. If I were ordering out of AUS on something like this I would definitely go with Patriot Campers, they seem like legit folk (based on their YouTube channel.)
Aus has a pop of just over 25 Million and its the size of the US.

I knew a guy who owned a 1 MILLION acre ranch down in Aus, he paid .25 cents an acre USD. I asked him what did he do with it or raise? Not much of anything, he was a successful businessman and just bought it to tell folks he had a Million-acre ranch. IIRC he leased some out for livestock production and a few other things.

Most of the population is concentrated in cities. So when an Aussie grabs his Jeep for a 2-week outing, brother he BETTER be prepared. Even in Moab, there is wrecker services to many trails unless they are rated 3+, expect to drop several grand and wait several hours, but in Aussie land, you might wait a week or longer and the nearest human could be 100's of miles away...

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
Aus has a pop of just over 25 Million and its the size of the US.

I knew a guy who owned a 1 MILLION acre ranch down in Aus, he paid .25 cents an acre USD. I asked him what did he do with it or raise? Not much of anything, he was a successful businessman and just bought it to tell folks he had a Million-acre ranch. IIRC he leased some out for livestock production and a few other things.

Most of the population is concentrated in cities. So when an Aussie grabs his Jeep for a 2-week outing, brother he BETTER be prepared. Even in Moab, there is wrecker services to many trails unless they are rated 3+, expect to drop several grand and wait several hours, but in Aussie land, you might wait a week or longer and the nearest human could be 100's of miles away...
This, absolutely true. And camping is culturally acceptable... whereas it's more of a fringe vacation choice in the US. What surprised me from following the videos the Patriot Campers folk make is how many restrictions they have for offroading there. They came to the US and did Moab for a week... constantly marveling that you were allowed to drive on stuff here that would be forbidden back home.

It was really funny to hear them talking about camping with alligators nearby (in AUS), it's just a fact of life so why be worried.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
It was really funny to hear them talking about camping with alligators nearby (in AUS), it's just a fact of life so why be worried.
...aaand the poisonous snakes. Don't forget the snakes...

G8R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon-solid white
Occupation
Medical Devices
Crocs, not gators.

We have gators, and griz, and moose, and rattlers, and tics with lime disease, and black widows, and brown recluse, and a number of other critters with unpleasant stingers, pinchers, claws and teeth... But I still use a regular tent. One time in particular I rolled up my tent to discover several hundred scorpions decided to make their home underneath. Another time I flopped out under the stars on a pad with sleeping bag as a blanket. Woke up and crawled out with 2 large scorpions on my belly. I was also charged by a bull moose once while in my tent. His antlers kept brushing the tent fabric. This went on for 30 minutes or so with him charging every few seconds. That one scared the crap out of me. Much worse than any of the various encounters with bears or lions I have had in our mountains. It was about as bad as discovering that the Brisbane River is full of bull sharks when rowing a skinny little racing shell and nearly getting ejected into the water. I never wanted to go rowing in Australia again (well that part is a lie, I would certainly go back for more).

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
Crocodiles and venomous snakes????
Sponsored