Sponsored

What are these ridges just inside the rear axle shaft?

OP
OP
Kindafearless

Kindafearless

First Name
Elise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rublicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Enginerd
Good call IMHO. Your front axle is trussed anyway, isn’t it? I’d think that would eliminate any issues that wouldn’t break something else bigger anyway.
Ya, that was my thinking. I hope to buy myself a couple more years before swapping to 60s. Trussed, gusseted, stronger ball joints and knuckles, and reinforced the heck out of the steering. We'll see. If I break a bunch of stuff this year, at least it will give all the "tons or go home" folks something to talk about :)
Sponsored

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
Dana chromoly shafts in the back and RCVs up front. They should treat me well!
I did the RCV axles with the DynaTrac Freespin hubs on my Power Wagon. You won't break them. Just give them about 3 pumps of grease once a year.

Rusty PW

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTRD, '11 370Z Nismo, '07 Honda VFR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Muff Diver
After doing my research, I left the FAD in place. The coupler is 300M and the vehicle is designed to have a FAD. Eventually, I’ll do an Axle swap. For now, no need to introduce more variables.
Going the the RCV axles. I would have gotten rid of the FAD. One less thing to fail.

jsalbre

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sarge Mojave, ‘21 VW Tiguan SEL-P RLine
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Security Engineer, First Sergeant
Ya, that was my thinking. I hope to buy myself a couple more years before swapping to 60s. Trussed, gusseted, stronger ball joints and knuckles, and reinforced the heck out of the steering. We'll see. If I break a bunch of stuff this year, at least it will give all the "tons or go home" folks something to talk about :)
If you’re going to go crazy might as well put in some Rockwell portals, full hydro steering, and start running 54” Baja Claws, right? I mean, can you really call your Jeep built if you can’t sit upright under the rocker panel? ;)

1 ton axles are great and all, but who wants to get hung up on their diffs all the time? My Ram 2500 would catch that massive 11.5” rear axle on everything.

The JT axles are already miles ahead of anything Jeep has used before and you’ve beefed them up pretty well I’d say. Unless you lead foot it everywhere I imagine you’ll be just fine.
Sponsored