First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Finally started my coverking install.. Got the front panels done this afternoon.

I gotta say, I'm pretty happy with the results but coverking doesn't make it easy lol.

I'm not really happy how the edges are not really secured down, but it isn't really noticeable at least from the drivers seat.

If I had to do it again I'd probably just mask it off and use a 3m spray adhesive instead of the included strips..

Either way, really happy with with it so far.

20220423_150953.jpg
Looks great, I pulled my Coverking out of the box about a month ago, but still haven’t quite been in the mood to tackle the install.

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator , 2016 Wrangler JK, 2015 Renegade
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities

spanishmack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JT Gladiator, 2012 Ford F-150
Occupation
Something... something... software.
Went completely Naked for the first time. Wife didn't like the doors off. Had to turn around less than a mile down the road when we were heading to get ice cream. Her loss for now. Guess I need to spend more money on half doors lol.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220423_123339
Get some safari style black tube / mesh doors. Would look killer paired with Gecko Green.

Sponsored

The Welsh Griffin

First Name
TBone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Work in an Oven
Paint them Gecko Green , that would be one of a kind !!!

XJFanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL, 2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Went completely Naked for the first time. Wife didn't like the doors off. Had to turn around less than a mile down the road when we were heading to get ice cream. Her loss for now. Guess I need to spend more money on half doors lol.

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] PXL_20220424_205843899
Looks great may need to trade the wife in 😂

Sponsored

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
I ran my winch cables under the passenger side, bottom of the grill, up over the power steering pump (added additional insulation to prevent heat damage to cable), and then up between the battery tray and air box. Pull out the air box and it will be obvious how to run the cabling. I have dual-batteries now and was doing a test of new lights when I shot this pic (will make sense in a separate thread I'll post momentarily), so ignore that loose wiring.

I did trim the winch cables to be the proper length for my install. If you have a blow torch, that's actually a pretty easy task. You can buy the terminal lugs here (a local business for me). Insure you know both the cable wire gauge, and the diameter of the lug to which you're attaching. Also buy a solder pellet of the correct color (that's how they mark the amount of solder it delivers). Cut the cable (A bolt cutter works great), twist the end of the cable strands as tight as possible, insert the pellet into the lug, hit it with the blow torch for about 15 seconds (don't tip it over now!), insert the cable into the hot solder, hold for a few seconds until the solder hardens. Cover in shrink wrap to hide any sins (a few strands may escape to the sides). Easy-peasy and makes for a much neater install.

https://spectrowireandcable.com/c/battery-lugs/mega-lugs/

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220424_173208
are you running a solenoid for your winch instead of a disconnect switch?

Azriel62

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Dodge dually, 05 Toyota Sequoia, 49 power wagon
Occupation
Retired
Added 2” mopar and 2” lift

Jeep Gladiator What did you do TO your Gladiator today? [ADMIN WARNING: NO POLITICS] 20220424_173208
JT_OLLIE have you seen any decrease in your mpg after your lift. What size tires are you running?

captain kilroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT sport s
Occupation
contract welder
I was looking for a decent dead pedal, but there seemed to be only two types: the one that bolts to the single bolt on the firewall and the one that bolts to the side. After reading some reviews, I went with one that mounts to the side, as they appeared to be sturdier. However, upon installing it, it was way too high, it needed to come further down (unless you have a very large foot). The Jeep logo with the paws was cute, but still somewhat impractical. It cost me $40 on Amazon, and I didn't really like any other. You can see in the picture that the dead pedal is so much higher.

I looked for other pedals to put on top of it, but most are very flimsy, so I ordered a piece of aluminum diamond plate (,125 thick) through Amazon ($18). I cut it to 3.2" wide and 9" long.

I then sanded the rough edges, and drilled a couple holes that lined up with the Jeep logo. Then I attached it with a couple stainless M5 button head screws, washer and nut.

Once bolted on, I hit it with fine steel wool since it will get scratched up by my shoes.

Here it is installed. Feels like it should've always been there.
do you have a link to that jeep pedal?
Sponsored