Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Sponsored

GladiatoRic

First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Towed the trailer for a boondocking overnighter up to a horse and dog rescue ranch just outside Sequoia National Monument yesterday. Was a little sketchy navigating narrow firebreaks, trees and rocks pulling the trailer. Considering a lift, beefier axel and bigger tires for the trailer. Anyone do anything like that? Got any tips? Anyway, wheeled around the ranch, fed the horses, played with the pack of hounds and ate some amazing ribs from a local smokehouse. The kiddo also got in some over due offroad’n in her electric dune buggy and we did some star gazing from the bed of the truck for the first time. She loved hanging out back there with flashlights and the tonneau 3/4 down. seemed like a good alternative to a tent with the tailgate down as you can thermoregulate by folding or unfolding it with your feet toward the front of the rig! Today we hiked around the Giant Sequoia Grove in Kings Canyon National Park, broke camp and toured a big Cat rescue before heading down the mountain.
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 961EE020-0D22-400E-A529-1B9A108ED873
Jeep Gladiator What did you do WITH your Gladiator today? 9A147918-08E4-4C31-87E0-9D493C1078C7

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport, 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Not this time. We have ate their in the past though. This area is basically our backyard so we frequent it pretty often.
We're down in Concord, so it's a bit of a trip, but we've been going up Wilson's Creek Gorge to Blowing Rock for ribs at Woodland's for years. Sometimes we then ride down the parkway to have pie at Louise's. We've also been going out to Wiseman's view for years, but I only recently rode up old 105 and realized it was the road that Wiseman's view is off of. In a few weeks we're planning to run that whole loop, meet in Morganton, ride up to Blowing Rock, down to Louise's then Wiseman's view, then back down 105. Should be a nice day trip in the mountains for us.

Sponsored

Carrydaily

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 toyota tacoma
Occupation
Forklift technician
We're down in Concord, so it's a bit of a trip, but we've been going up Wilson's Creek Gorge to Blowing Rock for ribs at Woodland's for years. Sometimes we then ride down the parkway to have pie at Louise's. We've also been going out to Wiseman's view for years, but I only recently rode up old 105 and realized it was the road that Wiseman's view is off of. In a few weeks we're planning to run that whole loop, meet in Morganton, ride up to Blowing Rock, down to Louise's then Wiseman's view, then back down 105. Should be a nice day trip in the mountains for us.
Awesome! We live just at the foot of the mountain basically near lenoir nc. We pretty much live up the mountain on the weekends for hiking and mountain biking. That will definitely be a good all day trip for sure! I wish old 105 was a little more “trail” then it is road but it has some fun spots. Im wanting to get a group together and do hurricane creek soon.

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! We live just at the foot of the mountain basically near lenoir nc. We pretty much live up the mountain on the weekends for hiking and mountain biking. That will definitely be a good all day trip for sure! I wish old 105 was a little more “trail” then it is road but it has some fun spots. Im wanting to get a group together and do hurricane creek soon.
Cool. My brother has a place up in Jefferson and he used to live in Wilkesboro and he used to have a Jeep. We've done a couple of the fire roads up there, but I have no idea where I was. I've been looking for places to take the Gladiator. I've had a couple of more built Jeeps in the past and did Tellico and pretty much all of Uwharrie with them, but I haven't been to Uwharrie to do anything but shoot in years. I'd be interested in checking out Hurricane Creek. I'm not going to beat on the Gladiator like I did with my other Jeeps, but I'm always interested in challenging myself and the Jeep. Are you on any of the local Facebook Jeep groups?

Carrydaily

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 toyota tacoma
Occupation
Forklift technician
Cool. My brother has a place up in Jefferson and he used to live in Wilkesboro and he used to have a Jeep. We've done a couple of the fire roads up there, but I have no idea where I was. I've been looking for places to take the Gladiator. I've had a couple of more built Jeeps in the past and did Tellico and pretty much all of Uwharrie with them, but I haven't been to Uwharrie to do anything but shoot in years. I'd be interested in checking out Hurricane Creek. I'm not going to beat on the Gladiator like I did with my other Jeeps, but I'm always interested in challenging myself and the Jeep. Are you on any of the local Facebook Jeep groups?
Yea im looking to do about the same with mine. Use to frequent richlands and other local kinda rough stuff when i had toyotas. This is my first jeep. Wanting to go in slow atleast maybe after the 1st body damage ill do some harder stuff . But hurricane creek isn't to bad from the videos i have watched. Looks like it can be a bit muddy and rutted out in a few spots but thats appears to be the worst it. I would like to be on a bigger tire before i do it as the stock 33s may not give me the ground clearance i need. But we will see. And yes i think im on all the local jeep fb pages.

khokhonutt

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea im looking to do about the same with mine. Use to frequent richlands and other local kinda rough stuff when i had toyotas. This is my first jeep. Wanting to go in slow atleast maybe after the 1st body damage ill do some harder stuff . But hurricane creek isn't to bad from the videos i have watched. Looks like it can be a bit muddy and rutted out in a few spots but thats appears to be the worst it. I would like to be on a bigger tire before i do it as the stock 33s may not give me the ground clearance i need. But we will see. And yes i think im on all the local jeep fb pages.
Cool, we'll have to catch up sometime. I'm on 35s, but don't have lockers yet. I watched a couple of videos of Hurricane Creek, I agree it looks doable from what I can see.
Sponsored