Sponsored

What did you do WITH your Gladiator today?

Sekgunnut

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 gladiator mojave
Occupation
Foreman at Union Pacific
Question - how do you decide whether to attempt a crossing like this? Iā€™m assuming youā€™re familiar with this trail, but Iā€™m curious if you were out exploring would you try it, or get out and try to test depth, etc.
Even if you know how deep it is, how do you account for how fast itā€™s flowing?
Thanks
This was a trick just to mess with people. I backed into this water. I know this road very well as thatā€™s a river though a concrete low water crossing. I am guessing that water was 4-5ā€™ deep in the middle. Definitely nothing Iā€™m trying.šŸ˜‚

mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Firecracker JTR; 2020 DGC JLUR
Build Thread
Link
This was a trick just to mess with people. I backed into this water. I know this road very well as thatā€™s a river though a concrete low water crossing. I am guessing that water was 4-5ā€™ deep in the middle. Definitely nothing Iā€™m trying.šŸ˜‚
:facepalm: Duh. I thought maybe that was like two feet deep the whole way, but that looks like itā€™s flowing pretty fast!

Sponsored

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ā€˜91 Wrangler, ā€˜08 GTI, ā€˜11 GTI
Wife more confident than ever in the Glad! Had to share this as it something my wife did with the help of the Glad. Coming home on 95S my wife was the third car behind a van with large carpet and padding roles hanging out of the back. You get it already. One fell out of the back of the van at 75 mph. The first two cars swerved into the other lanes to leave my wife and the Glad next in line for avoiding this hazard. Before she could react the Glad began braking. She added pressure to the brake pedal and swerved onto the shoulder to miss the carpet role. She said the Glad was tight and sure footed during the evasive maneuver which gives her even more confidence driving it now. Just thought Iā€™d share. Did the Glad save my wife from an ugly wreck? Maybe...

Jason Oliver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Mohave, '18 Jeep Renegade Trail Hawk
Occupation
Approaching Retirement
Wife more confident than ever in the Glad! Had to share this as it something my wife did with the help of the Glad. Coming home on 95S my wife was the third car behind a van with large carpet and padding roles hanging out of the back. You get it already. One fell out of the back of the van at 75 mph. The first two cars swerved into the other lanes to leave my wife and the Glad next in line for avoiding this hazard. Before she could react the Glad began braking. She added pressure to the brake pedal and swerved onto the shoulder to miss the carpet role. She said the Glad was tight and sure footed during the evasive maneuver which gives her even more confidence driving it now. Just thought Iā€™d share. Did the Glad save my wife from an ugly wreck? Maybe...
Glad to hear she is ok!

Sponsored

Rummie

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.siestakeyrum.com
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '24 Model X Plaid
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rum
Vehicle Showcase
Played around in Moab all last week. Here is an unedited vid of Hell's Gate in POV.