Sponsored

mbush91

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I'll be picking up my custom Willy's tomorrow as my first jeep. I'm doing an 84 month loans and I plan on having this thing a LONG time. Other than keeping up on regular maintenance and keeping it in the garage, what do you do to keep it going and looking like new?
Sponsored

ssteve

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
camaro, audi Q, cj2a, ram
Ceramic coat the paint, keep a something on the black with a uv protectant, don't go through a machine wash, don't drive in salt, stay up on maintenance, park in a garage, don't do "jeep things".

anavrinIV

First Name
Chaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mazdaspeed3, 1956 F100
Occupation
Engineer
I'm 31, I do not expect to have this Jeep the rest of my life. I will enjoy it for as long as I can, or until life changes and something else is needed, and not worry about keeping it perfect for decades. There is no point in having a vehicle this fun if you never use it to have fun.

Sponsored

The Crusader

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting gray JTSD.
Occupation
Field Engineer
Underside coating, wax often, leather conditioner, tint windows to protect from UV, do all maintenance. For my last Jeep, I kept a maintenance notebook. It had detailed instructions for all mods, printed write ups for service procedures, and a running log for all service by date and mileage.

MojaveBart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, Ducati Panigale 1199s, Harley-Davidson 114 Fatboy, Harley-Davidson FLSS, Aprilia Tuono Factory, Honda Africa Twin Adventure Sports
OMG 84 months!?!?!?! I would say ensure you have the extended warranty to cover it the entire life of the loan.

Just do regular maintenance and just take care of it. Fix things as they happen or appears to happen.

Enjoy it...

(I'm sorry, I just can't get over taking out a loan for that long)

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
Ceramic coat the paint, keep a something on the black with a uv protectant, don't go through a machine wash, don't drive in salt, stay up on maintenance, park in a garage, don't do "jeep things".
So...don't drive your Jeep, make it a 3rd car? Or live in a dry area like AZ and stick to pavement.

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I don't live in a rust belt (Texas) but the main thing for us all is to avoid weather.

Garage kept during all seasons
Shade parked when possible outdoors
Keep clean
Keep maintained properly
Don't drive the shit out of it

Other options are ceramic coating.

If I lived in a rust belt I'd have a winter Jeep.

Sponsored

MrZappo

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Probably should revise the question into 2 separate questions.

1) for those of you who bought a jeep to be a jeep, what sort of things can I do to treat it well, maintain it, and make it last as long as possible while using it for the things it was designed for?

2) for those who bought it as a trophy show car and intend to keep it looking showroom new while never using any of its features or components for any of the driving conditions that they were designed for, what methods and cleaning products should I use.

Now, for the record buying a clean jeep and a dirty jeep seems like a game for the rich. If you can afford it, God bless you.

Heck, if your really rich you can have a showroom jeep parked in your living room with a butler to rub it down with a Terry cloth diaper, and a clean daily driver with a crappy jeep that sits outside.

For me (regular guy), I'll use mine as intended and clean her the best I can within reason.

Then I'll do it again.

GoVR46

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubicon, 2014 Highlander, 2007 BMW 335i (725 whp)
First off, Full coverage insurance.
Body armor everywhere (might consider Rhino lining the whole truck, looks really good also)
Don't do what I do, and almost roll truck.
Pay attention to license plate frames, they usually offer warnings.

20200930_105035.jpg

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 31, I do not expect to have this Jeep the rest of my life. I will enjoy it for as long as I can, or until life changes and something else is needed, and not worry about keeping it perfect for decades. There is no point in having a vehicle this fun if you never use it to have fun.
I agree, enjoy what you have and just keep up on the maintenance and paint protection. I had my Porsche for 18 years only using for shows and weekend drives, then the engine blew. Found out a rebuilt engine was going to cost more than the car was worth, and almost what I had paid for it 8 years before. Always regretted not driving it more and just enjoying it for what it was.

marcwithac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Max Tow
Probably Paint Protection Film on the front end. The front end is flat...
Sponsored