First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
I saw a basic Gladiator sitting at the rent-a-tire & wheel joint, getting blingy clown wheels and skinny tires. Now THAT is idiotic on so many levels. If he has to rent-to-own wheels, I wonder what sort of crazy interest rate he's paying on the Gladiator? My dealer said that the highest rate he's seen is a guy rolling 130% negative equity at 22% through some "we accept anyone" company called Santander (I think).

GrubbyBaja

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JTR, 6-speed
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
To make my Gladiator last, I drive my bare bones, 205,000+ mile, 2000 Nissan Frontier everyday to work. I reserve my JTR for road trips and weekend fun.

BuckeyeJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Occupation
Finance
I saw the above post about fluid film, but I decided to use FF on my brand new JT this past fall. I figure it’s way better than nothing, and should really help prevent rust in the long run. Which, is my main goal. I’ll follow up yearly with a re-application to make it through the rough Ohio brine seasons.

Planerdude

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Link to a good one?
Misimoto has one for the jk but not the jl.
they have a universal kit as well. Any universal kit out there will work fine, you just need to be creative in mounting the filter bracket. When i decide on a kit for my 2021 Mojave, ill let you know😎

Sponsored

JeepRitz

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Learherneck
Alright, another version of the truth here. Another way to learn how to... Go on any used cars dot com or your friend Craig's list. Plop in a dollop of 84 months ago and sprinkle in jeeps. See what sells good used in the two different markets. Remember what the hell you see and why it's priced such away, don't just ogle old jeeps. Go outside. Get in your Jeep Truck. Drive awhile. Think on what you saw for sale, and what exactly you are riding in. Compar-O. This is a sure fired way to whip up some long term solutions to short term problems while Jeeping.
Smart.

Bantam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Just had it rustproofed/undercoated at a local shop. Definitely a necessity up here.

Next I want to get some sliders/steps to deflect stones away from the door hinges, and plan on getting some Bartact seat covers soon as well.
I need me some deeper pockets 🤣

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Quality Ceramic coatings are super easy to DIY now. If you care about cosmetics I’d do that

sdk131

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow - Sarge Green
Quality Ceramic coatings are super easy to DIY now. If you care about cosmetics I’d do that
any recommendations on brands or specific products? I have been a meguires ultimate wax fan for years, but thinking of trying out a ceramic coating on my new gladiator that is arriving soon.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
any recommendations on brands or specific products? I have been a meguires ultimate wax fan for years, but thinking of trying out a ceramic coating on my new gladiator that is arriving soon.

Avalon King Armor shield IX
Turtle wax hybrid graphene is also incredibly impressive stuff and even easier to do

Sponsored

jimbom

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 6-Speed Rubicon Gator Gladiator, 2015 Infiniti Q60 6-Speed Sport Coupe (wife's, really), 2003 5-speed Honda Civic Coupe, 1960-something Jeep Gladiator (Matchbox)
On such a big purchase I'm sure your intention is to drive and enjoy what your Jeep offers, but I'm going to respond to some here who suggested you never drive it. That is about the worst thing you can do. Internal rust and old fuel gumming everything up will happen. It's important that you drive it regularly.

To those who suggest it's unwise to not finance to the hilt, apparently they weren't aware or have already forgotten about the great recession. Sure, the stock market is fun when it's going up ... not so much when your net worth is seemingly cut in half overnight.

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition
Occupation
Geek
To those who suggest it's unwise to not finance to the hilt, apparently they weren't aware or have already forgotten about the great recession. Sure, the stock market is fun when it's going up ... not so much when your net worth is seemingly cut in half overnight.
If you're doing it right, you still make money then. I did. Also during any major economic turmoil you want to be leveraged so that you can still have assets and cash. Again, 2-3% is about free money, and you can always pay it off; can't ever get cash back if you pay up front.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
If you're doing it right, you still make money then. I did. Also during any major economic turmoil you want to be leveraged so that you can still have assets and cash. Again, 2-3% is about free money, and you can always pay it off; can't ever get cash back if you pay up front.
I think the key there is you can always pay it off. In that case, I fully agree. I think many people take part of that equation and not the other.

Bulldog10

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland Sarge Green Diesel
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Pilot, FAA ATC, Retired Gentleman Farmer Trying to Survive Divorce!
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 31, I do not expect to have this Jeep the rest of my life. I will enjoy it for as long as I can, or until life changes and something else is needed, and not worry about keeping it perfect for decades. There is no point in having a vehicle this fun if you never use it to have fun.
Save everyone of them as they just get More expensive! I wish I had.
Sponsored