What do you use your JSCAN for?

ScooterInTX

First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Always had some sort of ODB2 scanner for my trucks to check out and clear codes. Just ordered the scanner and cables for the JSCAN software for the same and to adjust for my 35s. What other cool things can I do with this thing?
Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I've adjusted for gears, TPMS, tire size, Lights, Auto start/stop indicator. There's literally a bunch of stuff. I've used it on our JKU, my dad's Ram, Charger, and Caravan. Do yourself a favor though and get the extension cables. Your knuckles will thank you. Lol

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I've adjusted for gears, TPMS, tire size, Lights, Auto start/stop indicator. There's literally a bunch of stuff. I've used it on our JKU, my dad's Ram, Charger, and Caravan. Do yourself a favor though and get the extension cables. Your knuckles will thank you. Lol
Do you need the bypass thing to change the tire size?

Sponsored

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
If by bypass thing, you mean the SGW cables? Yes. Make sure you have the correct OBD connector as well. The bypass cables are for all newer Mopar vehicles. Without them you can only read. Which means you can read error codes, but you can't clear them or change any of the settings. The SGW cables will allow you to read and write (change settings)

tysongladiator

First Name
Tyson
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Learner
Vehicle Showcase
I actually did a youtube video on my channel about JSCan back in May. I'll give you the link. It's 15 minutes long, so you can skip around if you like.

Youtube link:

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
I actually did a youtube video on my channel about JSCan back in May. I'll give you the link. It's 15 minutes long, so you can skip around if you like.

Youtube link:
Oh sweet, thanks. This will be a big help.

Edit: Oh wait, I’m subscribed to you and didn’t realize you were on the forum. Love your videos man. Happy Holidays!

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Read on a similar thread about an extension cable for the security cables. In other words when you unhook the current cables from the box you can insert the extension in the box. This allows easier access for future times you want to hook up the SGW cable. Does anyone know where to get those?

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Read on a similar thread about an extension cable for the security cables. In other words when you unhook the current cables from the box you can insert the extension in the box. This allows easier access for future times you want to hook up the SGW cable. Does anyone know where to get those?
I believe this is the most popular one. Haven’t ordered for myself yet tho.
https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_sgw_ext/

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Jason already responded where - but I have those cables and they work GREAT. I can connect the bypass in seconds and put things back in even less time with the extension.

I've used jscan quite a bit - but also use AlfaOBD and really love it. Once you license it you can use it on any Alfa vehicle (Jeep, Ram, whatever with no additional licenses - and I have it on my tablet and phone)

jscan is a bit more intuitive, easier to search for things and navigate until you get used to AlfaOBD. For speed I like jscan, for depth and things jscan can't - or a while back could not do - I used AlfaOBD.
I logged the misfire errors on my wife's Jeep with AlfaOBD and got an in-depth report.

I made the tire size changes with jscan because it was so much faster to use, I've added auto high beam, set up the settings for passive entry, etc.

I've not even touched a fraction of the things jscan (or AlfaOBD) can do - not even close.

Jeep Gladiator What do you use your JSCAN for? 20210110_113706

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
Jason already responded where - but I have those cables and they work GREAT. I can connect the bypass in seconds and put things back in even less time with the extension.

I've used jscan quite a bit - but also use AlfaOBD and really love it. Once you license it you can use it on any Alfa vehicle (Jeep, Ram, whatever with no additional licenses - and I have it on my tablet and phone)

jscan is a bit more intuitive, easier to search for things and navigate until you get used to AlfaOBD. For speed I like jscan, for depth and things jscan can't - or a while back could not do - I used AlfaOBD.
I logged the misfire errors on my wife's Jeep with AlfaOBD and got an in-depth report.

I made the tire size changes with jscan because it was so much faster to use, I've added auto high beam, set up the settings for passive entry, etc.

I've not even touched a fraction of the things jscan (or AlfaOBD) can do - not even close.

Jeep Gladiator What do you use your JSCAN for? 20210110_113706
Awesome. I used the J Scan today to change the tire size. Easy and fast. As I was fumbling with the cables I kept thinking about the extension I read about. Going to order it now. What is the most interesting change you made?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome. I used the J Scan today to change the tire size. Easy and fast. As I was fumbling with the cables I kept thinking about the extension I read about. Going to order it now. What is the most interesting change you made?
So far pretty boring - tire size change and added the settings for passive entry after I installed the handles and wiring.
For the auto high beams I had to use AlfaOBD because at that time, jscan was missing one of the necessary settings that needed to be set.
They (jscan) have since corrected/added that setting so you can actually use jscan for that now as I'm told.

Some day I'll hook things up and just "snoop" but for the most part my Jeep behaves like I wanted and then some. Maybe I'll dig and find something else to do, but I can't think of anything right now I would make different.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Can someone testy disconnecting the FAD in 4low for 2low?

Also I am looking through the app, probably no way to link highbeams to factory sux switch?
Sponsored