First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, '04 Tacoma PreRunner
Occupation
Tech Support
i'll keep my snazberry. I have only seen one of the same color 1 time since i got it. 🤘
Sponsored

MikeInMo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi, 05 LJ Rubi
I've got a Granite Crystal Metallic on order right now. Why that color? I already have a red LJ. Otherwise red is my first choice. Billet silver was my second choice but is no longer available. I would have jumped at Ocean Blue Metallic, but it hasn't been made available for the Gladiator. Hydro Blue just doesn't do it for me. Punkin was cool but also no longer available. Never black again, and I don't like white. So I ended up in the gray spectrum.

Chestnut

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 WRX, 2017 Forester XT, 2021 JTO
Occupation
Civil Engineer
My opinion is a bit more cynical. Buyers will settle for white or grey esp ones that would buy a color. There are some that like blue but never red or like red but never blue. Therefore dealers order safe colors to get vehicle to turn faster. Customer orders are rare so features that dealers order for safe sales are considered the "popular" setups despite there being other popular options. "I like that car but wish it had XYZ" Salesman "Well it's yours for $500 less than that tag!"

Why would a dealer want a car that sits on their lot on average 3 days longer waiting for the right person? Naa just make it a compromise vehicle and someone will come looking for fire engine red but settle for grey or white.

I hate white. Ever almost get T-boned because you didn't see that white pickup hidden by a backdrop of snow? I stare at white 6 months a year i don't want it on my vehicle no thanks. Give me some color to brighten my day when day light is down to 7.5 hours and i live in a sea of white.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Let's also not forget that bright colors attracted higher insurance rates (as I was told in my younger years). Red and yellow cars were supposedly pulled over more often.

Speaking of getting pulled over, I asked my LEO buddy why I never see minivans get pulled over, yet they are constantly speeding. I asked if it was because it's likely a harried parent trying to get a van full of screaming kids to soccer or school, his response was: "Well..."

So what we should be asking FCA for is a Hellcat and Demon Caravan.
And whats funnier is they are cheaper to insure. Seriously the breakdown of cars on my policy the van's cost is easy to miss compared to everything else.

Sponsored

TheGrendel

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
People in general are boring or scared to stand out. I refuse to buy a Jeep in a monochromatic color.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
This is something that has always baffled me. Go to any parking lot...and vast majority of what you see is white or some shade of silver/grey. Jeep has what 3 or 4? shades of silver/grey? My wife had a "grey" '2014 Cherokee that was fun to drive ...had no issues but she hated the fact that it looked like every other "suv" in the parking lot..she even would have trouble finding it. She ended up trading it in on a bright yellow Renegade Trailhawk...less of a vehicle by all counts but she loves it. So now are driveway has a Yellow Renegade and Punk'n JT LOL
Punk’n JT’s are hard to beat. I‘m more a tactical green color guy, but every time I see Punk’n JT - which is practically never, another plus imho - I swoon.

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I own a grey Gladiator but it sure doesn't look like it just pulled up to read your gas meter. I see tons of white trucks, and it automatically makes me think that the driver is a work site supervisor, or works construction. Seems like those guys are in love with white trucks.
There’s a big difference between plain white fleet trucks and what you can do with a white personally owned truck. Some of the nicest JT’s I’ve seen have been white ones with tasteful color accents. The storm trooper look is killer. I worked with a guy that had a Storm Trooper JKU that left me drooling every time I saw it.

And that’s coming from a guy who drove white fleet trucks at work for twenty three years. Like you, I swore I’d never buy one for myself. And I didn‘t but as mentioned, I’ve seen some white Jeeps that looked fantastic.

That’s the thing about Jeep’s though. They not only look good in a variety of colors, but IMO, Jeep has a talent for offering some very nice shades a cut above those offered from other manufacturers.

Wheelin98TJ

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Bean Counter
When I ordered my pontoon boat, I couldn't decide on color. Blue, black, wine red, they all looked so good.

So I went with white. :LOL:

Sponsored

Dqban

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator overland
Occupation
APRN
I will make one exception to the black rule...Ive seen a Black 2.0 with pearlescent clear coat and silver flake...looked like a rolling picture of the milkyway when driving

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired and loving it
I saw this Bronco yesterday out in the wild. It was an interesting color. It looked almost black but then I looked at it with the sun shining straight on it and saw that it turned like a root beer color.

Jeep Gladiator What happened to color? A5BCB678-E826-4505-92BD-240D155C01B5

ScottDB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
I feel like the F150 (and the other full sized trucks for that matter) are often commercial vehicles where white is the #1 choice... I guess to match the fleet?

That being said, in my work parking lot there are A LOT of silver/black/grey/dark blue fullsize trucks. And I don't really see many privately owned "fun colored" trucks, either.

I feel like the F150 (and the other full sized trucks for that matter) are often commercial vehicles where white is the #1 choice... I guess to match the fleet?

Nailed it.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I've been getting a lot of compliments on the Hydro Blue. It changes hue depending on outdoor light. I have to admit it has really grown on me.

Regarding the original post, yes those are Super Duty trucks. I hear locally that Ford is paying $1,000,000 monthly to store the trucks at the race track, and almost every one of those trucks is already sold. As soon as they get the chips they'll finish the trucks out and ship them ASAP. Nobody wants "fun" or snazzy colors on full size trucks.

Lost Cosmonaut

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave - Gobi
All my cars are and have been white. I feel so attacked.

I like white because it’s easy to maintain and always looks good (IMO obviously 🙄).

The only exceptions have been my yellow FJ Cruiser (because of my grandpa’s yellow FJ40), my Blue Flame ‘13 Raptor and now my ‘20 Mojave in Gobi. (And some of my older cars, but that was a different time)
Sponsored