Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
1) The JK 430N head unit had 3 display settings for Sirius channels:

a) List the station names
b) List the artist
c) List the song playing

That way it was easy to easily scan up to 6 (I think) stations instantly just by looking at the screen. It is surprising this functionality did not make into Uconnect 4.

2) LED headlight heaters to prevent snow build up.

3) Power top option

4) Lange needs to make a Hoist a Cart for the JT

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I know. And if you read his original post you’ll see what his issue was. I only was only commenting that a switch in the bed was a more reasonable request than some of the crazy shit people expect to be standard in this thread.
Actually this was supposed to be a feature and was promoted in the original materials and was in the first revisions of the owners manual. I really don't know why it was pulled from production. Some where on here someone swapped the lights from a Ram that had a switch and if I remember right the harness on the JT is a 3 wire and ready for it with no modification. It would be handy and I have wished for it once or twice while grabbing stuff from the bed.

takeitsleazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2008 JL
That’s good info; I’ll look around for that. I don’t have a need to swap it... but easy mods are fun

Sponsored

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase
What I wish my gladiator had....

Hemi!!!!!
Vented seats.....
Completely roll down rear window...
And a retractable shade for my sun rider top..

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer
The main thing they should have offered from the factory was a 5.7 Hemi option for the Max Tow and Rubicon models...At minimum. Then offered a 6.4 Hemi option for a special model Rubicon.

The next thing they should have offered was a roll-down back window like a Ford Bronco, where the whole rear glass rolls down into the back wall of the cab, when you remove the top. Or, you can open up all 4 windows, pull the freedom panels off, and then drop the whole rear glass down, and have a really nice protected open-air cruise.

Also, the Rubicons should have been offered from the factory with 315/70r17 (or 35x12.50r17) Mud-Terrains as an option.
The reason why Jeep doesn't offer the Hemi in the Wrangler line up is safety. Because of the larger motor, they loose the crumple zones and therefore won't pass crash tests. I guess if you want a hemi you can always install it yourself later.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU Rubicon HR, 2017 Cherokee, 2021 JTR
Occupation
Retired Peace Officer

Bentley1

First Name
Bentley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Bright White
Occupation
Semi Retired.
Thanks to Covid, I recently purchased a Jeep Gladiator for nearly 10k off MSRP. To begin with, I LOVE the truck. What an upgrade from the two door JK I had previously.

Though, having owned a variety of Jeeps, I'm shocked the Gladiator did not get some "creature comfort" features that other Jeeps carry today. I'd figure I'd start this thread as things you would like to see in the future Gladiators. Some, I'm shocked they haven't brought over from some of the current Jeep models. Others may be new to the Jeep family completely. I'm going to start with a few, add on as you please!

1. I have seen this a few times... the key! It is almost 3x the size of my wife's (Grand Cherokee). Honestly it's just a hassle. With a key this large, either keyless entry should be standard or downsize the key. It's a hassle sometimes grabbing it out of my pocket. My solution was to purchase a carabiner and wear it on my side.

2. Auto-brights. This is nit-picking honestly. Just a feature I've grown used too with my wife's vehicle.

3. Rain sensing/sensitive wipers. Again, another nit-picking feature. Honestly don't see why this wasn't brought over from other Jeeps. It's a convenient feature to have.

4. Power sliding window. I think we can all agree on that.

5. I know it's a truck but the bed is a scratch magnet. I'm pretty sure if you look at it hard enough it'll scratch. Because of this, for the price, I think the Jeep should come with the spray in bed liner. I already have my LineX appointment scheduled, though I think this would be a great included feature.

I know most of these are unneeded features and there are work arounds available, just figured I'd name a few I've noticed in the past three weeks with owning the Gladiator. What would you like to see in future Gladiator models?

whiteglad

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave
The reason why Jeep doesn't offer the Hemi in the Wrangler line up is safety. Because of the larger motor, they loose the crumple zones and therefore won't pass crash tests. I guess if you want a hemi you can always install it yourself later.
That is why I want a 4.6 liter V6!

Sponsored

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.flowcode.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT 5.7 Hemi, '21 JLUR 392, '84 CJ7, '69 CJ5
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Realtor
Only a few things I'd like to be able to option:

A Hemi
Sky one-touch top (would pair nicely with the power back window mentioned above)
Factory half doors

I say "option" because if all the features are added standard as mentioned throughout this thread, imagine what the base price would be. People already bitch about that enough, and not everyone wants/needs the options everyone else wants/needs.

Also, I agree with the bed light debacle. Who'da thunk that we'd need reliable light back there :rock:

JeepFam

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
His: 2020 Gladiator, 2004 Wrangler X; Hers: 2004 Liberty
Nothing new here, but:
  • I would kill for a removable / flip / power back window on the hard top. The thing I miss most about my Wrangler is the quick windows down / back open ride when I didn't have time to remove / lower the top for my commute, between rain storms, etc.
  • I. Hate. The. Key. Fob. It's ridiculous how big it is, and I guess I don't understand what controls / features it has that some fobs that are half the size don't.
  • If I had it to do over again, I would have ordered mine with proximity locks. At the time, I thought that was just silly - I have to have a free hand anyway to open the door, so how much harder is it hit the button on the key fob. However, that was before I realized that the key fob is the size of a dessert plate, and can be hard to get out of your pocket while you're balancing everything else in the other hand....

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
What I wish the gladiator could be ordered with....

Straight-6 turbodiesel
Vented seats.....
Rear window rolls completely down...
And a normal key fob-
Sponsored