Sponsored

What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community?

22_Sarge_Sport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport S

Sponsored

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Architect
Anyone who says they want a 2-door Gladiator has likely never sat in a Scrambler. 75% of people today wouldn’t even fit in one, much less be comfortable. 2D JT would have to be extended cab.
Jeep Gladiator What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 20220802_124201

This pickup truck is the perfect size for me. I have a GMC 2500HD, JKUR, & a GC Trailhawk and this little pickup is the one I find myself driving the most. It is the most practical vehicle for me at this point in my life. It's has proven very reliable and gets as good of gas mileage as my much newer but much heavier wrangler and GC. It is easily maneuvered along the tight twisty two tracks of northern Michigan's backwoods as well as in the big city of TC. I can fit my bike in the bed, fully assembled with the tailgate closed and I don't have to hang the front tire out of the bed and over the tailgate. I sleep in the bed with the topper on during my UP-camping trips.

Jeep is straying away from building small practical nimble offroad vehicles with their recent introduction of the Wagoneer and L versions of the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer as it is easier to meet CAFE regulations by building larger vehicles. This is the sole reason why the 4 door Wrangler was invented as a well as the overly long 4 door Gladiator. It amazes me that some are easily convinced that a platform as long as the Gladiator is acceptable as a viable and practical vehicle for off road travel. Believe me, I have heavily considered it but thankfully witnessed friend's challenges and shortcomings their Gladiators bring along with them on the trails.

A 2-door gladiator would be the perfect little, nimble, and practical off-road vehicle to replace my 27-year-old ZR2.

Last edited:

Alfonz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator and 2012 Nissan Frontier
Everyone should take off their doors and crank the radio playing one song continuously!
Blitzkrieg Pop.

WetWilly

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Retired bum
Jeep Gladiator What is an unpopular opinion you have in the Jeep community? 20220802_124201

This pickup truck is the perfect size for me. I have a GMC 2500HD, JKUR, & a GC Trailhawk and this little pickup is the one I find myself driving the most. It is the most practical vehicle for me at this point in my life. It's has proven very reliable and gets as good of gas mileage as my much newer but much heavier wrangler and GC. It is easily maneuvered along the tight twisty two tracks of northern Michigan's backwoods as well as in the big city of TC. I can fit my bike in the bed, fully assembled with the tailgate closed and I don't have to hang the front tire out of the bed and over the tailgate. I sleep in the bed with the topper on during my UP-camping trips.

Jeep is straying away from building small practical nimble offroad vehicles with their recent introduction of the Wagoneer and L versions of the Grand Cherokee and Wagoneer as it is easier to meet CAFE regulations by building larger vehicles. This is the sole reason why the 4 door Wrangler was invented as a well as the overly long 4 door Gladiator. It amazes me that some are easily convinced that a platform as long as the Gladiator is acceptable as a viable and practical vehicle for off road travel. Believe me, I have heavily considered it but thankfully witnessed friend's challenges and shortcomings their Gladiators bring along with them on the trails.

A 2-door gladiator would be the perfect little, nimble, and practical off-road vehicle to replace my 27-year-old ZR2.
It sure would have been nice to have had that option. Not everyone has car seats, pets etc etc to haul around in the back seat. I believe had it of been an option we would be seeing them everywhere. I had a Scrambler years ago and a MJ and not being able to fit was never a problem.

Sponsored

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
20220802_124201.jpg

I think the 4 door gladiator and Wrangler were invented because 4 door SUVs and trucks sell better. A lot better. JKUs were 75% of all JK sales, and now on the JL, only 12% are 2 door. The two door is becoming a dying breed for all vehicles, for reasons beyond CAFE.

Last edited:

seven30

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM 6spd, 2001 Cherokee, 1992 Comanche
Occupation
Programer

Absolutely! A 2dr Gladiator would be sweet. Id have to remove the passenger seat to make room for the dog though. But such sacrifices would be a small price to pay :)

JeepCares Bring back the Comanche!
Bring it back
Bring it back
Bring it back